News 2018 Fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

From Jay Clark's article:
Ex-Hawthorn champion Luke Hodge could also kick-off his new football chapter in Melbourne in Round 1, with a clash against St Kilda at Etihad Stadium. The Saints are eyeing a match-up against an interstate rival as they attempt to take their first step towards finals next year.

Hopefully it's not because we have such a crap main draw!
I'll think positive and just hope it's a pay off for a poor rnd 1 opener (in terms of timeslot, hype, crowd, members etc) :praying:

I'd be wrapped with this. Crowd will be bigger than what you'd usually get for St Kilda Brisbane game and it will mean we (probably) start the season off with a win. Also, if the rumours regarding Good Friday are true, the game won't be in the Sunday graveyard slot, it'll probably be 4:35 Saturday

Couldn't really care less when our time slot is for round 1.

Just want to win the damn game as it's been a while since we won our R1 game especially having the youngest squad.

Could give us some real confidence and kick start our season/membership drive.

Carlton @ Ikon park and then Demons @ Casey Fields for us in the JTL.
Would of preferred a nice country drive for a game but Casey nice and close for me so not so bad
Whatever you do, dont drive there. Did so far our last praccy game there and was stuck for an hour getting out. Shocking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with others - couldn't give a fat rat's clacker what timeslot the round 1 game is. Just gotta bank a win in round 1

Those early games are crucial. Lose your first few like we did this year and it's catch up from there. Win and get off to a flyer and you're set up

Hidden behind the paywall, but the HS has a "rumour" that we'll be involved in the Good Friday game next year. I wonder how legitimate this might be? Would be a good get.

Hidden behind the paywall, but the HS has a "rumour" that we'll be involved in the Good Friday game next year. I wonder how legitimate this might be? Would be a good get.

Better than even chance you'd think. If the Dogs don't get themselves back together then North vs Dogs isn't really an exciting prospect.

Sunday twilight... what’s the bet?

Well, just lucky I don't bet, as I'm as incorrect as I could possibly be re
Round 1 vs Lions at Etihad.....

Saturday, 3:35pm :straining:

Clearly AFL broadcasters have shaped that fixture - plenty of Big 4/teams of the moment in the prime FTA broadcast spots:
- Rich v Carlton
- Ess vs Adel
- Haw v Coll
- Mel vs Geel

Anyway, I'm just happy we don't have to play Adelaide in Adelaide or something first up...excited about the first match already. Should be interesting seeing Hodge in a Brisbane jumper.

What a weird starting time.

Also this all but rules out Bulldogs for GF. It's either us or blues vs north.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back