News 2018 Fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

it is a strange starting time because they want the AFLW Grand Final to be stand alone.
That's fair enough but it's a bit random. We've never had a start time of 3:35 before.

What time is the aflw final anyway?

What shits me is the afl give essendope the crows on sat night.
Give us brissy minnows on sunday arvo.
Then point to crowd numbers.

The rich get richer. The poor get poorer
We're on Saturday arvo. 3:35pm an odd one to accommodate the AFLW GF but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Sunday at that time/twilight.

What shits me is the afl give essendope the crows on sat night.
Give us brissy minnows on sunday arvo.
Then point to crowd numbers.

The rich get richer. The poor get poorer
They didn't even bother to try and disguise it did they? Unfortunately you guys, dogs and north have all been handed dud opening round fixtures. Coincidence?

Also we definitely don't have good Friday. Unfortunately we dont get the liberties of a Collingwood or Richmond. One poor season and we're out to the Sunday scrap heap. Now if they go and replace us with Carlton I'll be sick.

They didn't even bother to try and disguise it did they? Unfortunately you guys, dogs and north have all been handed dud opening round fixtures. Coincidence?

Also we definitely don't have good Friday. Unfortunately we dont get the liberties of a Collingwood or Richmond. One poor season and we're out to the Sunday scrap heap. Now if they go and replace us with Carlton I'll be sick.
Well north dont have any fans really.
But give the saints or dogs a coll/ess fixture (marquee games, minimal sundays, minimal interstate trips, plenty of home games against other big clubs)
Would do wonders for attendance and membership numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well north dont have any fans really.
But give the saints or dogs a coll/ess fixture (marquee games, minimal sundays, minimal interstate trips, plenty of home games against other big clubs)
Would do wonders for attendance and membership numbers.
Yep the AFEL say we will get big games when we attract greater crowds. Yet they give us the duldrum time slots and expect us to attract big crowd numbers whilst at the same time giving the big clubs the marquee time slots and therefore they get bigger. It's ridiculous.

Good Friday should have always been saints dogs. We would have packed the joint out last year. Although our games aren't typically spectacles it would have been 10x better than anything north can dish out

You'd prefer to play Hawthorn and WB twice out of our bracket and avoid Essendon twice, so we're 2/3 for that one.

North twice puts us a good chance for Good Friday.

Out of the top bracket, we've avoided Sydney, Adelaide and Geelong twice. You'd want to play the Eagles twice but Rich/GWS is the next best bet.

You'd prefer to play Hawthorn and WB twice out of our bracket and avoid Essendon twice, so we're 2/3 for that one.

North twice puts us a good chance for Good Friday.

Out of the top bracket, we've avoided Sydney, Adelaide and Geelong twice. You'd want to play the Eagles twice but Rich/GWS is the next best bet.
Wheres this ?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If i'm reading this right, we play Tigers, Giants, Melbourne, Hawthorn and North Melbourne twice

That's not too bad.
So we finish outside the 8 and have to play Richmond and GWS twice, whilst Essendon who finished higher only have to play Richmond from the top 6 twice? Yeah sounds about right. Talk about favourable fixturing.

So we finish outside the 8 and have to play Richmond and GWS twice, whilst Essendon who finished higher only have to play Richmond from the top 6 twice? Yeah sounds about right. Talk about favourable fixturing.

If Richmond are still partying after the Premiership ( Bulldogs style ) they've got it on a tray.

If i'm reading this right, we play Tigers, Giants, Melbourne, Hawthorn and North Melbourne twice

That's not too bad.

It also means there is a chance that we do not host an Adelaide team at Etihad for the fourth consecutive season.

We could also not travel to Adelaide at all. Hmmm.

Considering we've had a couple of games cancelled due to bad weather in the last 5 years its probably right that we get to stay in Melbourne.

Ever been to Casey Fields during bad weather? Its almost Post Apocalyptic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back