Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handball was a bit stupid, Green calling for it is a bit more stupid, people calling for him to be dropped are the most stupid...

He actually had a decent second half and without that handball he would have kicked 3 and who knows, could have had 4 or 5 if we go on to win.

Handball was a bit stupid, Green calling for it is a bit more stupid, people calling for him to be dropped are the most stupid...

He actually had a decent second half and without that handball he would have kicked 3 and who knows, could have had 4 or 5 if we go on to win.
He looked like he was getting ready to absolutely take the game by the scruff of the neck. You could see it in his eyes. He'll be right...

Well i listened to the Hird and Crawford podcast and they both lay the blame squarely at Green for calling for it- they absolutely roasted him.

Can’t believe two such highly decorated legends of the game both got it so wrong.

Well i listened to the Hird and Crawford podcast and they both lay the blame squarely at Green for calling for it- they absolutely roasted him.

Can’t believe two such highly decorated legends of the game both got it so wrong.
Meh, what would they know.

Tbh, my first reaction was also “wtf green?!” - why call for it when surrounded by doggies players? Even if the hand pass was spot on, it was no sure thing.

This is a team that needs to cut down on the razzle dazzle (apologies to Fantasia) and just focus on winning - ugly if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it can be both, though.

Green deserves the criticism for running past as he did, but I can't agree it was mostly his fault. Daniher is the one who made the decision to not take responsibility and have the shot himself, and blaming it on Green absolves Daniher when really, the onus should be on him as one of our leaders to take the situation by the scruff of the neck and have the shot himself.

Green deserves the criticism for running past as he did, but I can't agree it was mostly his fault. Daniher is the one who made the decision to not take responsibility and have the shot himself, and blaming it on Green absolves Daniher when really, the onus should be on him as one of our leaders to take the situation by the scruff of the neck and have the shot himself.
If the handball was more accurate, it wouldn't have been an issue

There's a bit in Lloyd's book where he was playing like shit in 1999, and some coaches took him into a back room and told him to shape up or ship out, and Lloyd said it turned his career around realizing that he wasn't some god.
I suggest the same approach here.

There's a bit in Lloyd's book where he was playing like shit in 1999, and some coaches took him into a back room and told him to shape up or ship out, and Lloyd said it turned his career around realizing that he wasn't some god.
I suggest the same approach here.
I love that footage of Sheeds. I reckon Mitchel White shat himself.

What greedy goal hungry forward in their right mind handballs that off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that footage of Sheeds. I reckon Mitchel White shat himself.

He had that anxious grin, furiously shaking his head whilst searching for a teammate to hide behind.

Def shit himself

Anyone suggesting Daniher be dropped is just dumb. You do not drop your best player 3 games into the season. You encourage him, you motivate him, you say or do whatever required to get him playing the sort of footy we know he can play.

One thing is for sure, all the people saying drop him now will be worshipping him the next game he turns it on.

Daniher didn't start off great last season either and had goal kicking issues until after that Melbourne game. Then he went on to make AA. Good thing our Bigfooty coaches weren't in charge to drop him after his Melbourne game last year...

Best player? He's a complete joke.

Honestly, turn it up. He’s one of the most talented players in the league, playing the hardest position. He’s not working hard enough, but he also needs a chance to run around.

Some just don’t appreciate the hammering the big forwards cop, accentuated when your midfield is shit - stand under high balls completely outnumbered while being cannoned into and smacked around the ears all day. They’re the toughest players in the game.

Granted, it would be nice to see him hold his ground a bit more when the ball isn’t lace out (generous, I know).

He looked good in the second half, after not getting near it in 2 and a half games. He needs space, and he needs to work his arse off again.

JD has played AFL footy like it's school footy from his first game - Now his undoubted talent has covered up some deficiencies in his game - I doubt he'll change much in the future.

Is joey dan rucking less this year? Seems to have a fair bit less hitouts
He has rucked about 10 minutes this year. Stewart is our second choice.

Read on some thread earlier this week that there are some young players at the club who've become a tad narcissistic. Not sure if this dovetails with the knowledge of who that/those young players are, but I heard a story from some Bland Shire (NSW) locals last week that wasn't very impressive.

The council out there had a big Sherrin made and mounted on a pole and put up in Ungarie. Apparently Joe was asked to make an appearance in the town for its unveiling. Conditions he'd set were that he wouldn't do it unless they paid for his flight there and back, which is obviously fair enough. As well, though, that they had to also pay for some of his mates to fly up and back with him. It was said that after he didn't even stick around because they had a party to get back to in Melbourne.

Not sure how true this all is, but a shit attitude if so. That town reveres the Danihers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back