Analysis Did Spud call it correctly. Is Hawthorns 2015 flag tainted?

Is the hawks 3 peat a credible 3 peat?

• Yes. Hawks were awesome during this period

Votes: 171 71.8%
  • No - Lower clubs in the 8 were impacted by compromised drafts.

Votes: 67 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to hear Danny Frawley suggest Hawthorns flag of 2015 v the Eagles (and if you are gonna call that one, you may as well question the 3 peat) was tainted as the league was compromised at the time given the timing of when GWS was given all of it's draft picks to get the club up and about.
So, is Spud a dud or were the teams who finished 3 to 8 impacted by a lack of draftable talent during 2013 to 2015 to genuinely challenge the hawks? Is the 3 peat tainted?

Interesting to hear Danny Frawley suggest Hawthorns flag of 2015 v the Eagles (and if you are gonna call that one, you may as well question the 3 peat) was tainted as the league was compromised at the time given the timing of when GWS was given all of it's draft picks to get the club up and about.
So, is Spud a dud or were the teams who finished 3 to 8 impacted by a lack of draftable talent during 2013 to 2015 to genuinely challenge the hawks? Is the 3 peat tainted?

Was Spud talking about the unearned home ground?

Guess you never read Lance's an accident of history opus?

Nope. But, interesting to hear a commentator raise the OP. Very risky given how frisky Clarko can get.

Was Spud talking about the unearned home ground?

No mate, as stated in the OP, it's about the impact of compromised drafts during that period.

I think the OP needs to think carefully about knocking other peoples flags. Specifically it removes your credibility rubbishing other people knocking yours.
In 2015, as in 2017, 18 teams competed to see who the better team was, and the better team won.

It's that simple to me.

Last edited:
I think the OP needs to think carefully about knocking other peoples flags. Specifically it removes your credibility rubbishing other people knocking yours.
In 2015, as in 2017, 18 teams competed to see who the better team was, and the better team one.

It's that simple to me.

Mate, read the OP. I am raising a subject raised by a football/media commentator. Nothing to do with Richmond, but we were impacted by draft choices during that period for sure.

In 2015, as in 2017, 18 teams competed to see who the better team was, and the better team one.

It's that simple to me.

It’s Danny Frawley knocking it. Geez, the tiges really are in the heads of everyone.

Gralin should open Lance’s thread on this given the media heavyweight who has weighed in on the matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks were the best team across those years. No ifs, buts or blurred lines.

They backed up their performance week after week, year and after year to achieve what they did and that shouldn’t be tainted.

Most of those draftees weren’t making huge impacts during those years to warrant enough argument on the topic. Only now are we seeing their true impact, making this discussion irrelevant

It’s Danny Frawley knocking it. Geez, the tiges really are in the heads of everyone.

Gralin should open Lance’s thread on this given the media heavyweight who has weighed in on the matter
I would say the same about anyone's flag. It wasn't him that created the MB thread. I'm not saying it cant be said. Just questioning the wisdom.

I would say the same about anyone's flag. It wasn't him that created the MB thread. I'm not saying it cant be said. Just questioning the wisdom.

So question Frawley who raised it.

By flying off the handle and bringing the tigers into it? Gee whiz mate it’s not all about the tiges.

Or the person who quoted it?

Mate, you're the one who tried to drag the tigers into it. I am putting it forward as a discussion piece on a football forum. It's hardly revolutionary stuff. And simple, if you don't have the maturity to discuss it, jog on. Not rocket science.

I don't remember Lance's thread having a Hawks were awesome option in a poll. I think I like this one better

Mate, you're the one who tried to drag the tigers into it. I am putting it forward as a discussion piece on a football forum. It's hardly revolutionary stuff. And simple, if you don't have the maturity to discuss it, jog on. Not rocket science.
I actually didn't question whether you're entitled to say it. I dont actyally need your permission to post in the thread though. Calm down is my suggestion.

Back