81. Grimreepah - Tom Logan
82. Warwick - Steven Lawrence
83. Ashli - Ben Fixter
84. toddy - Paul Broderick

85. toddy - Andrew Gowers
86. Ashli- Joel Patfull
87. Warwick- Nathan Chapman
88. Grimreepah- Jayden Attard

I am really quite worried that little mr quiet secretive boy over there has a kick ass team n has been holding out on us all...

TEAM TODDY

FB: Chris Johnson (#2 & VC) Mal Michael (#15) Robert Copeland (#30)

HB: Craig Bolton (#26) Darryl White (#33) Adam Heuskes (#31)

C: Brad Scott (#5) Michael Rischitelli (#35) Shane O'Bree (#11)

HF: Tim Notting (#8) John Barker (#28) Jared Brennan (#17)

FF: Anthony Corrie (#18) Brad Hardie (#12) Damien Cupido (#21)

R: Clark Keating (#27) Simon Black (#20 & C) Des Headland (#1)

INT: Dylan McLaren (#10) Fabian Francis (#29) Paul Broderick (#16)

Andrew Gowers (#14)

COACH: K.Toddy

Team Ashleigh

FB: Mills, Dickfos, Adcock
HB: Gram , Leppitsch, Gastev
C: Lappin, Sherman, Robbins
HF: McAdam, Mitch Clark, Caracella
FF: Moody, Bradshaw, Molloy
R: Matt Clark, Power (c) Selwood
I/C: Stiller, Mickan, Fixter, Patfull

Coach: Ashleigh

I think we could all defianetly improve with some trading! hehe we should get other ppl on the board to vote on who's team they would prefer or something if we can't find another way to judge or decide.

Yep, we should start a poll. Excellent job guys!! Thanks for playing. Let's hope the best team wins!

Team Ashli:
B: Mills, Dickfos, Adcock
HB: Gram , Leppitsch, Gastev
C: Lappin, Sherman, Robbins
HF: McAdam, Mitch Clark, Caracella
F: Moody, Bradshaw, Molloy
R: Matt Clark, Power (c) Selwood
I/C: Stiller, Mickan, Fixter, Patfull

Team Grimreepah:
B: Roe, D.Merrett, Bews
HB: B.Voss, Paul Roos, Ashcroft
C: Pike, M.Voss (c), Shattock
HF: Drummond, Charman, Hilton
F: McRae, R. Merrett, Hooper
R: Primus, Lambert, Logan
Int: McDonald, Macdonald, Begley, Attard

Team toddy:
B: Johnson, Michael, Copeland
HB: Bolton, White, Heuskes
C: B. Scott, Rischitelli, O'Bree
HF: Notting, Barker, Brennan
F: Corrie, Hardie, Cupido
R: Keating, Black (c) Headland
INT: McLaren, Francis, Broderick, Gowers

Team Warwick:
B: Blakey, Champion, Lawrence
HB: McLean, Kennedy, C. Scott
C: Fletcher, Hart, Boyd
HF: Hadley, Brown, Pratt
F: McGrath, Lynch (c), Capper
R: Knobel, Buckley, Akermanis
Int: Wood, McIvor, Harding, Chapman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warwick said:
I only need 10 entries into my forward 50 to win the game. What is Merrett going to do to beat Lynch? Swallow the ball?

a) Merrett has the size, strength and pace to stay with Lynch.

b) Lynch can't kick straight.

c) Lynch can't intimidate Merrett because he will get slaughtered by the tribunal with his prior record.

To summarise, my pick 65 will destroy your pick 7:)

Plus I have Roe who is prepared to leave his man and spoil. Not to mention the fact that you'll be lucky to get 10 forward 50 entries with *smirk* Knobel as your number one ruckman. Lol. Warwick=Grant Thomas.

Warwick said:
My grandmother's bowls team could supply a faster midfield than yours.

My selection strategy was to firstly pick people who would win the ball. Your selection strategy was to pick outside players.

Warwick said:
And your "star" CHF has kicked a whopping 34 goals in 88 matches! The most important position on the ground, and you have a guy who doesn't have a clue how to play there. Desperation or stupidity?

Charman has a big motor, is a strong grab and a decent kick. Am planning to stick him and Roger Merrett in the goal square. Will cause your makeshift key defenders all sorts of headaches. Should also get a few extra goals when Champs turns the ball over. Nervous times for team "I don't need a ruckman" Warwick.

Grimreepah said:
Charman has a big motor, is a strong grab and a decent kick. Am planning to stick him and Roger Merrett in the goal square. Will cause your makeshift key defenders all sorts of headaches.
Both in the goal square hey? So who is going to lead up and provide a target in the off-chance you get the ball past the centre line? Hilton? Drummond? :eek:

And who is going to win the ball when Voss and Lambert have a spell? Shattock, Begley, MacDonald, and Logan in your rotating midfield. They average around 10 possessions between them.

A centre line of Boyd, Hart, and Fletcher is dripping with talent, toughness and skill. Buckley and Akermanis provide the polish, McLean the magic.

Warwick said:
Both in the goal square hey? So who is going to lead up and provide a target in the off-chance you get the ball past the centre line? Hilton? Drummond?

Drummond and Hilton have the creative spark required at half forward. One of the advantages of Martin Pike is that he can provide a leading target at half forward as well. Hadley and Pratt are good players (well one of them is anyway) but they are not half forwards. They will get hopelessly lost.

Warwick said:
And who is going to win the ball when Voss and Lambert have a spell? Shattock, Begley, MacDonald, and Logan in your rotating midfield. They average around 10 possessions between them.

When Voss needs a spell Lambert will be winning the ball and vice versa. They'll have a field day up against... who are your in and under players again? Begley is a tagger and the others will rotate being on the receiving end of Voss and Lambert's good work.

Warwick said:
A centre line of Boyd, Hart, and Fletcher is dripping with talent, toughness and skill.

Perhaps a bit of a stretch there. But they are handy I will admit. Every side needs a couple of good honest triers.

Warwick said:
Buckley and Akermanis provide the polish, McLean the magic.

The strength in your team is that you do have some good outside players, so well done on that front:thumbsu:

One of my strengths is leadership. Roger Merrett in the front half, Voss in the guts, Roos and Bews down back. The whole list will walk a foot taller with those leadership qualities, and I think you'll find even our lesser known players will make very valuable contributions. Inspiring stuff:thumbsu:

Ashli said:
Oooh and the claws start to come out:p

Looking at your list you seem to have a very balanced side, something team "I don't need a ruckman" Warwick could learn from. Obviously you have a shortage of match winners, but no major weaknesses either, so well done:thumbsu:

Grimreepah said:
Looking at your list you seem to have a very balanced side, something team "I don't need a ruckman" Warwick could learn from. Obviously you have a shortage of match winners, but no major weaknesses either, so well done:thumbsu:

I also have faith in some of my taggers (Selwood, Fixter at times, and Adcock and Gram can work as taggers if needed) to take out some of the oppositions game winners and therefore my balance may just prevail once the stars are quietened.

Ashli said:
I also have faith in some of my taggers (Selwood, Fixter at times, and Adcock and Gram can work as taggers if needed) to take out some of the oppositions game winners and therefore my balance may just prevail once the stars are quietened.

So you're saying that you strength is that you have some good taggers?

Not completely a strength as such but I personally would put it on the positives list. My team can play their own game but if they start to struggle there are some good defensive players to chuck in there as well. They can create their own play with the run out of defense and run through the middle to a couple of bigger targets or smaller crumbing fwds or if their midfield isn't quite strong enough at some stage of the game then the defensive skills of the players mainly at the entry of the forward 50 or in the midfield are definately reasonable. I would assume this could make life a little more difficult even for a star fwd line. I mean really it would come down more to matchups and so forth but it is something I was concious of whilst drafting, I suppose.

Ashli said:
Not completely a strength as such but I personally would put it on the positives list. My team can play their own game but if they start to struggle there are some good defensive players to chuck in there as well. They can create their own play with the run out of defense and run through the middle to a couple of bigger targets or smaller crumbing fwds or if their midfield isn't quite strong enough at some stage of the game then the defensive skills of the players mainly at the entry of the forward 50 or in the midfield are definately reasonable. I would assume this could make life a little more difficult even for a star fwd line. I mean really it would come down more to matchups and so forth but it is something I was concious of whilst drafting, I suppose.

I agree. You have sacrificed star players for adaptable ones and that is why you have a nice balanced side.

Must be a bit of a worry with Power as captain though. I've seen him get dragged a couple of times for losing his temper, but you obviously you think highly of him. What are his credentials?