News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as we might want one, we are better off not getting one if hes not up to scratch. Give Nicks a year to find one and Harts replacement
Nicks hints as much in this article

“It will be important for me to sit down with the current group and see where things are at,” Nicks said..

“We have a really strong coaching panel… I won a premiership with Mick Godden.

“Last thing I want to do is jump to a decision on the assistant.

“Definitely at some point down the track
, I think it’s important for a coach to have a right hand man to help with the day-to-day stuff and be an experienced voice to calm you down.”

Thought his LinkedIn page implied something else? Did I misread it?
Yes you must have misread it. Definitely still there. That's how I heard of the award nomination. BTW - Do you know what it was for? "The AFC has utilised an external organisation (not CM) tool to both maintain, develop and enhance the culture of the organisation during times of growth, acquisition and change. The implementation and utilisation of the external organisation has created the long-desired key requirements in HR discipline: to track, monitor and measure both the inputs and outputs of decisions, actions and changes within the workplace." - How do we all think that has been going?

“Nicksy just has to finalise it himself,” Fagan said on SEN. “He is not 100 per cent sold on wanting to bring in a senior assistant coach either. It’s his decision. He is just trying to figure out what structure will best fit him and his coaching group … he will add to it if he feels he needs to.”

I wonder if Nicks got told "these people are your options" and he said hmmm I'm not so sure I want one after all.
Even if we assume everyone is utterly incompetent at the AFC, they would still see the writing on the wall.

Fagan is smart enough to know this needs to be a win, he'll be spending like a government in an election year.

2020 is basically a write off.

Let the guys go out each week and just play. Get game time into the kids. Get them playing key roles. The midfield partnership Jones and Ned have had in the SANFL bring that into the AFL.

Forget the w/l record and just go out each week and play to a simplified gameplan and enjoy it. It will be fun to watch as well and who knows, a less structured approach with youthful enthusiasm may even have some success. As it did for the Doggies in 2016.

Set up for 2021 with the new Assistant coaches and more lead time for the Footy Ops Manager and Nicks to structure up the coaching panel better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 is basically a write off.

Let the guys go out each week and just play. Get game time into the kids. Get them playing key roles. The midfield partnership Jones and Ned have had in the SANFL bring that into the AFL.

Forget the w/l record and just go out each week and play to a simplified gameplan and enjoy it. It will be fun to watch as well and who knows, a less structured approach with youthful enthusiasm may even have some success. As it did for the Doggies in 2016.

Set up for 2021 with the new Assistant coaches and more lead time for the Footy Ops Manager and Nicks to structure up the coaching panel better.

Yeah, I’m in for that but gotta get around the knit one, pearl twos. The management covets that coin.

Yeah, I’m in for that but gotta get around the knit one, pearl twos. The management covets that coin.
If the club was worried about that group Eddie, Sauce and Dougie would still be on the list.

I have had to convince a few of these types the club won't implode with all of those guys gone.....

If the club was worried about that group Eddie, Sauce and Dougie would still be on the list.

I have had to convince a few of these types the club won't implode with all of those guys gone.....

We already imploded WITH all of those guys.

We're almost certainly going to be completely shit, but at least we should have some fresh faces and hopefully a better game style.

Lee Gaskin says on twitter Adelaide aren't back until the 13th. Seems strange Port have over a week head start

I can understand our preseason starting a week or so later, given most of our 1-3 year players played SANFL finals. Port have a GF in Shanghai to prepare for.

We're almost certainly going to be completely shit, but at least we should have some fresh faces and hopefully a better game style.
A young team losing games with a fresh approach is far better than an old team losing playing stale football.....

Don’t I know it... I take my 80 yr old ma to the footy every game.
She wanted to quit when Eddie left but I cajoled her. One more...

I think we'll be a better team than the season gone. Happy to see the back of Jenkins and Betts, not so much Greenwood nor CEY nor Keath, but we have Doedee to more than cover Keath. There'll be new enthusiasm sans Burton and Campo and with a new coach.

How shit we'll be in comparison to the rest of the competition won't be evident until after about round 6 IMO. I'm wary of the ol' dead cat bounce though, and just as wary about the adjustment to the new setup. Both those situations will meddle with our true standing. I'm expecting a fun roller coaster ride.

I think we'll be a better team than the season gone. Happy to see the back of Jenkins and Betts, not so much Greenwood nor CEY nor Keath, but we have Doedee to more than cover Keath. There'll be new enthusiasm sans Burton and Campo and with a new coach.

How shit we'll be in comparison to the rest of the competition won't be evident until after about round 6 IMO. I'm wary of the ol' dead cat bounce though, and just as wary about the adjustment to the new setup. Both those situations will meddle with our true standing. I'm expecting a fun roller coaster ride.
We just need some connectivity between the back, mid and forward zones. It was nowhere last season.

We just need some connectivity between the back, mid and forward zones. It was nowhere last season.
Probably something to do with the players not really caring and going through the motions. You could clearly see the ones still having a crack - guys like ROB and the Crouches, who don't know any other way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back