Dennis Commetti 'isms'

Remove this Banner Ad

Season's about to start
310159o.gif

great one i heard was during Freo vs Essendon at Subi in 2006. Matt and Josh Carr were having a stoush with Lovett-Murray and he called it like this:
"The Carr Brothers are wrestling with Lovett-Murray. They should name this a Garage Match"

GOLD!

From the Bulldogs/Cats game yesterday on the smiling assassin Brad Johnson:
"Good thing he didnt ride to the game on a motorbike, otherwise he'd have dead insects all over his teeth"

On an in the back free kick, Bulldogs/Cats

"AFL trying to outlaw pushers, both on and off the field"

Strangely silence from the other commentators.

From the Bulldogs/Cats game yesterday on the smiling assassin Brad Johnson:
"Good thing he didnt ride to the game on a motorbike, otherwise he'd have dead insects all over his teeth"

He had another one tonight, probably been done before but Jason Gram was running out of defence, bounced the ball, but it bounced horribly and went behind him and cometti goes "Should be an umpire"
Ah, will the great man ever lose his touch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only been a few weeks of footy and these are all brilliant already. Unreal

I liked when Brad Johnson was sandwiched between Hurley and Johnson from Geelong, and Commetti said:

"Its like being between a rock and a bald place"

:D

Gold!

On an in the back free kick, Bulldogs/Cats

"AFL trying to outlaw pushers, both on and off the field"

Strangely silence from the other commentators.

Ah, yes, this was the one I thought was clever. How Cometti manages to come up with these kinds of witticisms whilst calling the game and not losing his concentration is beyond me.

I was so glad Channel 7 signed him!

Ah, yes, this was the one I thought was clever. How Cometti manages to come up with these kinds of witticisms whilst calling the game and not losing his concentration is beyond me.

I was so glad Channel 7 signed him!
Are u serious? He sits at home and thinks them up before the game, then keeps them on a bit of paper in front of him, and pulls them out at the appropriate moment.

Having said that, he's pretty damn smooth at it, isn't he ;)

Are u serious? He sits at home and thinks them up before the game, then keeps them on a bit of paper in front of him, and pulls them out at the appropriate moment.

Stand up comedians are still funny... as long as its a classic, I dont care when he wrote it :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back