Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to think about the Riccardi news. He looks to be a third tall forward type?

Even with McGov likely being out 1/2 - 1/3 of the year, is this what we should be spending trade capital on?
Been playing defense in GWS reserves this season. Between him and Oscar McDonald, you've got two swingmen, one more capable ahead of the ball and the other behind.

The other thing: we are genuinely short talls. We had Williamson playing KPP in the reserves; when Jones went down, he got promoted to play KPD in seniors. We need to be looking at options like Riccardi, because the versatility is part of the draw.

He's cover, and cover with an AFL pedigree.

Depends what you class as "trade capital" I guess.

Would be surprised if he cost more than a pick in the 40s, and could easily be less (ie. a later pick, or getting a later pick back with him). He's good value at that price, with plenty of upside.

If it’s a pick in the 40’s, not so bad.

Been playing defense in GWS reserves this season. Between him and Oscar McDonald, you've got two swingmen, one more capable ahead of the ball and the other behind.

The other thing: we are genuinely short talls. We had Williamson playing KPP in the reserves; when Jones went down, he got promoted to play KPD in seniors. We need to be looking at options like Riccardi, because the versatility is part of the draw.

He's cover, and cover with an AFL pedigree.

Ah didn’t know he played defense. If he’s a swing man type then it makes a bit more sense, especially if Marchbank is cut.

Trying to avoid the negative thoughts, but I have to confess I am quite worried about a player exodus as a result of Teague’s sacking. I know most will take the stance of “if you don’t like it then **** off,” but if the player who is disillusioned and wants to leave is Harry or Walsh or Weiters I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as that. The Tom Morris article may be exaggerated (or even total BS), but the names mentioned make me very nervous. Harry mentioned in his AA speech that he was very happy with Teaguey, giving some credence to the report in the paper.
Hoping the new coach is able to come on board and get the players on side ASAP, before trade period comes and makes for an extremely uncomfortable fortnight.
Quite the contrary, the weight of loosing and uncertainty has 'conceptually' been put to bed. Change framed as looking for better out comes is a reinvigorating headspace for teams sporting corporate or otherwise. Curiosity sets in. Chatter starts amongst the group. We are forward looking by nature. The issue is the incoming coach only has a small window of time to capitalise on this frame of mind. Player dissatisfaction sets in once players start feeling like things are slipping back to previous set ups then they start cherry picking the better bits of the old regime. If new team/coach get them to buy in early and little gains are made quickly, how the past played out will be so far in the rear vision mirror it will be forgotten about before the season has begun.

On Riccardi....he's a good player, but don't see where he fits with Harry, Charlie, McGovern and JSOS.

Certainly not worth trading good assets for unless we are reshuffling.

I think (somewhat ironically) that the Buckley that was sacked is far different (in a positive sense) than the one who succeeded Malthouse.
The latter was the original FIGJAM, the former a more rounded and wiser individual, whom unlike Teague, learned to adjust his gameplan, make tactical and structural changes when required, and learn from mistakes.
I think he was more a victim of time and an aging list, as well as a culture change and change of President.
I'm pretty sure he'd be our 2nd best option after Ross Lyon if his passion to coach and win a flag is still there. I would certainly prefer him over Pyke or Brad Scott, or any of the untried newbies.

Definitely better than Scott, no doubt. Pyke I think would be better, but I don't think the motivation is there. He is happy in Sydney.

Is anyone that posts here mixed up with this "Carlton Now" board push? Can someone explain it to me?

Old bloke who used to feel important and special as head of an external Coterie group no longer feels important and special and wants to be President of Carlton so he can feel important and special again, despite having no plan, clue, support, skills nor finance.

Then this happened

ON SCOTT WANTING TO REBUILD BUT THE CLUB WANTING TO CONTEND

“I think that’s fair to say. But again, there’s a view out there that the senior coach makes unilateral decisions on list builds. Clearly the senior coach is an influential voice, but at the end of the day there are people - list managers, GMs of footy, boards - and it’s a collective decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite the contrary, the weight of loosing and uncertainty has 'conceptually' been put to bed. Change framed as looking for better out comes is a reinvigorating headspace for teams sporting corporate or otherwise. Curiosity sets in. Chatter starts amongst the group. We are forward looking by nature. The issue is the incoming coach only has a small window of time to capitalise on this frame of mind. Player dissatisfaction sets in once players start feeling like things are slipping back to previous set ups then they start cherry picking the better bits of the old regime. If new team/coach get them to buy in early and little gains are made quickly, how the past played out will be so far in the rear vision mirror it will be forgotten about before the season has begun.

Or in other words - new coach do good preseason, Blues beat Tigers, everyone happy.

Not sure what to think about the Riccardi news. He looks to be a third tall forward type?

Even with McGov likely being out 1/2 - 1/3 of the year, is this what we should be spending trade capital on?
He would come cheap - adds depth to our key position stock - can play forward or back.

Must be the off season....average GWS players are requesting trades to us lol
You can't have a team of 22 star plays on a million bucks a year.

Has our injury list to our key position players just been forgotten about already?

On Riccardi....he's a good player, but don't see where he fits with Harry, Charlie, McGivern and JSOS.

Certainly not worth trading good assets for unless we are reshuffling.

We have no depth nor quality kids coming through.
I'm laughing at supporters thinking McGovern will be part of our future.
He is an embarrassment.

So watched that Sayers conf this morning finally.
Like everyone else I think I’m a great judge of character.

He’s not someone you should trust.
Doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t ultimately get the job done. But he’s already got his plan.

Teague was not sacked after “careful consideration of the report” he was just sacked after the report.

People keep saying this, and the only reason I can think of as to why we should do it is because his brother was a gun as a backman.

Brothers are not the same person. Mitch has shown none of the dedication to improvement or fitness that AFL requires. None. He is a sunken cost now, and our best recourse with him is to see what omelette we can make from his contract + list position.

Offer Fremantle our first and McGovern with us paying half to 60% of his contract, and see if they go for it. Their forward line is barely AFL standard, and he'd be more than guaranteed a position in their front six every week he's available, he's still getting paid what he was offered for the next three seasons, and we get his list position and half his contract off our books.

Nobody is saying it because of his brother.

He's quite similar to Jones in that he has strength, he has some pace off the lead, has a decent vertical leap and he understands the forward craft which can benefit in understanding how forward play is unfolding.

It will also challenge him to work harder and stay more engaged in a game rather than just drift in and out.

Imagine how effective Jones could be if we could release him more often as an intercepting defender.

Old bloke who used to feel important and special as head of an external Coterie group no longer feels important and special and wants to be President of Carlton so he can feel important and special again, despite having no plan, clue, support, skills nor finance.
Thanks, I found it on the club stuff thread. Sounds like a load of old shite. I had seen the Flogbook video of that guy.

Doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t ultimately get the job done. But he’s already got his plan.

Teague was not sacked after “careful consideration of the report” he was just sacked after the report.

They took 2 weeks to consider the report. They gave Teague a right of reply and it didn't go well obviously.

Trying to avoid the negative thoughts, but I have to confess I am quite worried about a player exodus as a result of Teague’s sacking. I know most will take the stance of “if you don’t like it then **** off,” but if the player who is disillusioned and wants to leave is Harry or Walsh or Weiters I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as that. The Tom Morris article may be exaggerated (or even total BS), but the names mentioned make me very nervous. Harry mentioned in his AA speech that he was very happy with Teaguey, giving some credence to the report in the paper.
Hoping the new coach is able to come on board and get the players on side ASAP, before trade period comes and makes for an extremely uncomfortable fortnight.
Worry not, mate. They'll rally behind our leaders who are professional. With a greater chance of success, simpler plan and the hope of a harder edge not to mention hopefully someone with more fire in them... the players will stay*. Might lose a couple but those that go won't be because of DT going.

*McGovern aside for obvious reasons.

If Freo are keen, I'd be shipping Gov in the Cerra trade over SPS every day. Give the LOBs and SPSs a chance under a new coach before shipping off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back