Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You argue X. I argue not X. You argue Y; I argue not Y, and still not X. You argue Z, and I'm starting to wonder if you're being disingenuous.

You're welcome to disagree. You'd still be wrong, but you're welcome to disagree.
You've listed "depth" KPDs that include McDonald, who is a likely deslisting, Williamson, who is not even close to a KPD, and Kemp, who is also unlikely to end up as a KPD.

Maybe it's you being disingenuous?

Nothing wrong with McGovern playing as an interceptor down back, his kicking skills for one set him apart and he would be a weapon distributing the ball up field.

he was dead on his feet as a forward...
Gov's not quite there but would he do well and fill an area of need?
I come back to what I was saying before: are you really, truly going to pay 700 thousand a season for a second KPD?

As stated: I'm cool with trying it if we cannot find an alternative - I think we should turn him into Cerra, if at all possible - but I maintain that until the situation there is resolved one way or another he is a lodestone.

You argue X. I argue not X. You argue Y; I argue not Y, and still not X. You argue Z, and I'm starting to wonder if you're being disingenuous.

You're welcome to disagree. You'd still be wrong, but you're welcome to disagree.

If you think that McDonald and Williamson are the answer to our KPD depth issues then it's you who is badly mistaken.

McGovern should be trialled down back.
Midfield. I keep saying it. I keep getting shut down. But I’d train him to within an inch of his life, get him fitter than he’s ever been, and play him in the midfield.

He has a massive footy IQ, and is very creative. Has the ability to make things happen.

I come back to what I was saying before: are you really, truly going to pay 700 thousand a season for a second KPD?

As stated: I'm cool with trying it if we cannot find an alternative - I think we should turn him into Cerra, if at all possible - but I maintain that until the situation there is resolved one way or another he is a lodestone.

almost irrelevant if you're paying that for a 3rd fwd...

Still, it sure beats trading him and paying say $300k for another club to play him as a 2nd KPF or whatever. (I know you need to consider the whole picture and what we can do with the resources it frees up, but it kinda feels like the daytrader that makes a trade just for the sake of trading.)

You've listed "depth" KPDs that include McDonald, who is a likely deslisting, Williamson, who is not even close to a KPD, and Kemp, who is also unlikely to end up as a KPD.

Nothing wrong with McGovern playing as an interceptor down back, his kicking skills for one set him apart and he would be a weapon distributing the ball up field.
That's argument Z: that those players aren't proper KPD, which is begging the question; it assumes that Gov is a proper KPD, which he isn't now and possibly will never be.

Now - seeing as you asked - the reason for that post being that the poster changed the argument each time his point got rebutted. It didn't matter if he was wrong, because at no point did he concede that he was wrong; what mattered was the disagreement. That is what I was calling disingenuous, because arguing like that is quite a common strategy by people who are full of shit. Hence the appellation, disingenuous.

When confronted with that argument type, I can A) try to refute each and every argument he makes separately, which in general is not a great idea as it's easier to make up shit arguments on the fly than it is to refute them, or B) point out what he's doing.

Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?

Midfield. I keep saying it. I keep getting shut down. But I’d train him to within an inch of his life, get him fitter than he’s ever been, and play him in the midfield.

He has a massive footy IQ, and is very creative. Has the ability to make things happen.

and who does he replace in our midfield?

almost irrelevant if you're paying that for a 3rd fwd...

Still, it sure beats trading him and paying say $300k for another club to play him as a 2nd KPF or whatever. (I know you need to consider the whole picture and what we can do with the resources it frees up, but it kinda feels like the daytrader that makes a trade just for the sake of trading.)
It's more to get that list position's wage down. If you trade him and draft a rookie at any point, that rookie is worth the basic rookie wage + 350 thousand; more than you'd be paying a rookie sure, but better than paying Gov 700 to sit in the reserves.

That's my interest.

Funny how people don't like the state of the list Ross Lyon left his teams but don't care what state Scott left Norf in...
Most of my family support north along with someone I work with.....none of them were big fans of Scott.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Agree defender is Mitch’s best position, perhaps like Liam Jones may he able to revive his career and fill Marchbank spot, another player that just can’t stay on the park, contributes zilch to our team.
Both will be gone end 2022 , unless something miraculous happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and who does he replace in our midfield?

Doubt you'd start him in the centre bounces, but you could easily make a case to have him as the highest forward who then pushed up to the contest for any repeat stoppages, or as a winger who pushes really hard either forward or back based on who wins the clearance.

Thing with being used as a "mid" is that it doesn't mean he replaces Cripps or Walsh on ball, just that when we've got general stoppages around the ground he's somewhere in the vicinity instead of being a kick or two ahead of or behind the play.

Tbf not many coaches get the ass when their list is in a great spot.....Teague hopefully is the exception
emoji1696.png

Grant Thomas & Brendan McCartney are 2 recent coaches I can think of

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you that no-one is saying it because of his brother. And it might challenge him, but I genuinely do not see the point. You would be paying a player 700 thousand a year to be a second defender.

Trading him elsewhere is removing the onerous part of his contract from our books, and freeing up the list spot for someone who's willing to work. If we get in Riccardi, that's Jack, Riccardi and Kemp for midsized utilities and Riccardi and Oscar for KPP posts, which frees up the draft for genuine KPP options. Gov, like Gowers, is a mid sized player who plays tall; you can afford to have these types when they're consistent contributors or when you lack genuine KPP options, but we don't lack genuine KPP options at either end; Charlie, Harry at one end; Jones, Weitering at the other. The response there is, what about a third tall or backup; my reply there is, you're willing to pay 700 thousand a season for three more years for backup?

We need to get better from that list position; if he winds up pulling his finger out and playing a pivotal role in front or behind the ball, I'm more than happy with it. But right now, he is genuinely a drain on the club.

He isn't playing, and when he is he hasn't met AFL standards in more than a single game he's played, and he's getting almost double the AFL median player wage.
McGovern is a beautiful user of the ball. Our attack from HB would be strengthened having him take the kick ins or hitting up our midfield. Over the years turnovers from the backline have cost us dearly. I can see him playing third tall as a defender and fighting for a spot with Marchbank. Gowers didnt play tall whereas McGovern can match up against most tall forwards and is a smart yet lazy footballer. Too early to write him off without giving him a chance to solidify our backline.

Get the feeling Luke might be a bit hands on.

Blues president speaks to Ross Lyon for 45 minutes after David Teague sacking (afl.com.au)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back