Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Scott seems to be a similar option to Ross.
Got a lot out of some bog ordinary players, although he made prelims instead of GFs.

I just can't see Scott knocking back continual progression through the AFL ranks to go back to being a senior coach.
They will have him as a candidate for a SHocking type role surely.

No from me to Buckley. He seems to be an alright coach but his lack of experience outside of Collingwood is a concern.
For the ones suggesting him as a Senior Assistant, I don't think he's going to knock back big $$$ in the media to be an assistant coach again.
Will be the top job or nothing.

I hope Newman is a only a depth player next year...please injury gods.

I’m waiting to see what our full team looks like when working in a cohesive unit. Every player looks better when all the pieces are moving correctly, in coordination and with purpose.

A good coach understands how to minimise the deficiencies of the individual to help the team.

Take a look at what Castagna dishes up when Richmond are firing, compared to when the forward line is disfunctional.

... you realise I've just had this exact conversation already today? Only, you seem to actually be shooting for a gish gallop rather than the other bloke just reacting. Jones is a false equivalence, due to the different list situations we were in then versus what we are in now.

Gowers was delisted at Carlton, and remade himself as a medium leadup tall at WB.

If you fire back yet another series of exceedingly tangentially related questions at me again, I'm going to ignore it.
Are you arguing you wouldn't bother with Jones if his VFL resurgence happened this year? What is it about being a middle of the table side that means we stop experimenting and give up on trying to extract the most of our playing group?

Mitch's issue is and has always been his inability to get out on the park. If he can't get his body right, there's no conversation to be had. I'm cautiously optimistic now that Russell has finally got his way and worked Mitch into decent shape but I keep expecting his hammies to go twang every time he moves faster than a job.

For those calling him lazy, his latest injury came about after a brilliant chase down tackle. At one point v GWS, he sprinted 50m at full speed (as he's bloody quick once he gets going) just to put pressure on the man on the mark. Hoping things have clicked for him, but again, nothing else matters if he can't stay fit.

Sure. He's shown plenty when he has played though, is a 21yo KPP so not sure if that's a huge deal?

Don't see him as a saviour by any means, especially when he have superior first choice KPPs in Weitering, Jones, Curnow and McKay. But he's definitely a good list acquisition.
Get him for nothing or a token pick, fine. I wouldn't be giving anything of value though.

I don't think he's going to knock back big $$$ in the media to be an assistant coach again.
Will be the top job or nothing.

Dunno, Buckley may want to. Pyke, Leppa, Voss all recent examples that went back to being senior assistants and all for different reasons.

Brad Scott will hopefully take the gig at the AFL.

Doesn't really appeal to me as coach, although I think he did a fairly good job at an under resourced North.

...Keeping Teague was more appealing to you than Scott potentially is?

Riccardi as a third tall next to H and Charlie is tantalising. I’d package McNuggets into the trade for Cerra. WA boy and fills a need for them whilst we clear that unwanted cap space
Riccardi fits only if he can play some time in the ruck.

Can be a great hit up option as a forward and works his way back into F50 because of his aerobic capacity.

Neat kick for goal also, has some potential Darling like traits.

Can be a great hit up option as a forward and works his way back into F50 because of his aerobic capacity.

Neat kick for goal also.

We’ll also need to see how Charlie is performing next season. It’s safe to say he was miles of it in his few games this season but that was to be completely expected.

We may also choose to rest Charlie at set intervals.

The noise from these accounts and media will become a snooze fest for us soon enough because most of it is drivel. Just tell him see ya in November and we can dance then when the dust has settled and Weitering is being prepped to be captain of the club.

Also can I just say, shows how big we are if rival fans and relevant media are focusing on us right now. Esp * fans, who have an elim final coming. How sad. Last I checked, there’s a finals series starting in a few hours.

His rucking shouldn't be a factor. We need another solid ruck.

I’m waiting to see what our full team looks like when working in a cohesive unit. Every player looks better when all the pieces are moving correctly, in coordination and with purpose.

A good coach understands how to minimise the deficiencies of the individual to help the team.

Take a look at what Castagna dishes up when Richmond are firing, compared to when the forward line is disfunctional.

Maybe...he played in an incredibly well drilled before and was hardly any different.

He is too athletically challenged to play on the dangerous smalls and mids.

Also prone to a howler or two.

Not saying he is terrible but shouldn't be in our back 7 IMO.

Suspect next year will be

X-Weitering- Plowman
Saad -Jones- Williams

Where x is 2 of Docherty (fingers crossed), Kemp, Marchbank (hail Mary x 3), Riccardi, Williamson depending on matchups.

Clearly doc and Williamson could be played on the wing but I suspect that will be match up related and the preference will be for Kemp to keep getting games as the 3rd tall.

Newman is thereabouts but IMO just can't cover the players we potentially need him too. Jeez he gets the most out of himself though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His rucking shouldn't be a factor. We need another solid ruck.
It's a factor because neither of our KPFs (Curnow and McKay) can help out taking a turn in the ruck on ball. Personally I'd much prefer to continue with JSOS as the relief ruck but if Riccardi could chop out TDK occasionally it definitely helps out structurally.

I agree though another mature ruck on the list is imperative, don't want Pittonet back in the side.

Maybe...he played in an incredibly well drilled before and was hardly any different.

X-Weitering- Plowman
Saad -Jones- Williams

Where x is 2 of Docherty (fingers crossed), Kemp, Marchbank (hail Mary x 3), Riccardi, Williamson depending on matchups.

Clearly doc and Williamson could be played on the wing but I suspect that will be match up related and the preference will be for Kemp to keep getting games as the 3rd tall.

Newman is thereabouts but IMO just can't cover the players we potentially need him too. Jeez he gets the most out of himself though.

He’s most likely vying for that 6th spot in your back 6, which I agree is what it’s going to look like.

That spot would have suited Marchbank perfectly, but alas…

X-Weitering- Plowman
Saad -Jones- Williams

Stocker should be in that back pocket.

He's very good at the position so don't screw with something that actually works well for us.

If we can play JSOS in the ruck, Riccardi can do it too.

It's all dependent on the opposition. There are a lot of sides whose "second ruck" is a medium forward, and you'd expect Riccardi to be able to hold his own there. Against Melbourne, who run the Gawn/Jackson duo, he might struggle a bit.

The Darling comparison isn't a bad one, though Riccardi certainly doesn't have the same raw strength when it comes to a stationary body contest.

Jack Riewoldt might be a closer point of reference. Not overly tall, quick or strong, but not too far off in any of those categories. But makes up for it with good positioning and smart use of the body, as well as being willing to lead hard into space.

Stocker should be in that back pocket.

He's very good at the position so don't screw with something that actually works well for us.
Yep. He's a straight-line player. The backline suits him well. Not sure if he has the agility to play midfield. Let him break lines with his speed, steamroll opposition and get across to help out teammates.

If our supporters had their way, we'd play 16 midfielders...

This. It is a massive transition. A CEO presiding over an organisation at the time that its incoming Chair is forced to perform an external review to get to the bottom of a broad underperforming outfit is not going to last. He will go at some point when a suitable candidate is found and prepared.

Lol, a leader like Sayers would love Cains strong points and would relish in mentoring his weaker points.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could
If
Just
Nah, cut our losses and get rid of him. Whatever it takes, let him be somebody else's problem.

Think his contract would put off any interested suitors tbh.

Still think Gov has something to offer provided he stays fit and injury free.

Re: McLovin

Or, if you still see potential in him and given his trade value is 0, play him in the 2s for an extended period until his fitness and form demand he be selected.

I find it staggering how undisciplined we are about selection. Let him earn it and show he's capable. Or not.

But I wouldn't be making any structural plans around him. He's cannot be part of our plan A, now, he's back to being a maybe-upside-prospect-project.

Big yes to Riccardi, especially if we can work some ruck minutes into his repertoire.

I wanted him the year he was drafted, think he would make a great cheap addition to the list.

Riccardi for natural ability & overall utility Key tall is great value,
I’d trade M McGovern or P Dow if we land Cerra , we’re desperate for a young Key tall & versatile. We’re also desperate for a Ruckman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back