Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Total campaigner. Watch the post matches from Adam Simpson and Leon Cameron in 2016 and take in the contrast.

Kenny, you got absolutely smashed on your home deck with the rub of the green from the umpires. Suck it up and be a man.

Absolute sook wasn’t he.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So much for the most dangerous small forwards in the game. Our mid/small defenders (Williams, Duryea, Dale, Daniel) were so dominant tonight and have been all year.

Glad we’re gonna have the opportunity to thump those arrogant campaigners in the grand final and show we are clearly the best team this year. The Demons would have been feeling mighty chipper after Friday, but I reckon they’re feeling a hell of a lot more nervous now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve hardly slept all night so I have listened to the available pre- and post-match Podcasts. Caro has already started on the pre-GF bye which will only pick up momentum now that we have made the GF. The AFL Nation post match review was one of utter disbelief of what we have just achieved. Well done to those who can get to the GF - enjoy! Going to enjoy these 2 weeks and hopefully beyond. Go Dogs!!

Anyone else quietly getting drunk in their lounge room??

Kids just woke me up, was lying passed out on the couch. By the look of it I’ve decimated most of a litre bottle of Maker’s Mark.

Hangover will be brutal but worth it. Come on the dogs!!!! Two weeks to rest up and smash those MFs!!!!

He's the AFL leader in these stats across both PFs this weekend. The tackles in particular made a real statement after last week.

He showed a lot of character tonight. He would have been in a dark place after last week's game and some of the comments that were later directed his way. No doubt his teammates and the coaches would have got around him during the week.

He's made of the right stuff. I'd dearly love to see him raise the cup in a couple of weeks time.

Norm Smith. Let’s go Adz, what a **** you that would be.

What a night! 14 days ago we were staring down an elimination final defeat against Essendon and now we are a serious chance of taking the lot.

Garnder and Schache standing up when it matters most while B. Smith has surely silenced any critics (including myself) from the middle of the year.

6 contested marks from a 21-year-old in a prelim is just nuts and Treloar was just about back to his best and Jacko is having one of the best finals series on record. A serious chance for the Gary Ayres Medal and even the Norm Smith.

Now as always…

Expected Score / Actual Score
WB: 101 / 116 (+15)
PA: 61 / 45 (+16)

Expected Margin / Actual Margin: +40 / +71

Centre Bounce Attendance
23 - Bontempelli
22 - Macrae
20 - Liberatore
19 - Martin
14 - Dunkley
8 - English
2 - Treloar

Ruck Contests (Hitouts / To Advantage)
53 - Martin (13 / 6)
38 - English (11 / 1)

Hitouts To Advantage
WB: 7
PA: 12

First Possessions
WB: 39

PA: 41

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 41 / 30
PA: 35 / 23

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 54%
PA: 65%

Spoil Efficiency
WB: 79%
PA: 62%

Smothers
WB: 10

PA: 11

Forward Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 62%
PA: 53%

Defensive Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 69%
PA: 73%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 8
PA: 5

Defensive Half Contested Marks
PA: 6

Score Launches
3 - Daniel, Dunkley, Duryea, Liberatore, Treloar,
2 - Bontempelli, Hunter, Macrae, Martin, B. Smith, R. Smith
1 - Dale, English, Johannisen, Wood

Shots At Goal
WB: 31 (55% - Expected Accuracy: 41%)
PA: 21 (29% - Expected Accuracy: 47%)

Scoring Profile (Western Bulldogs / Port Adelaide)
Set Shot: 6.7 / 4.5
Snap: 6.2 / 1.1
On Run: 3.3 / 0.2
Mark Play On: 1.0 / 1.0
Ground Kick: 1.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 6.0 / 0.0
15M-30M: 5.2 / 1.1
31M-40M: 3.2 / 3.2
41M-50M: 2.4 / 1.4
51M+: 1.4 / 1.1

Targets Inside 50
15 - Bombed/Rushed
13 - Schache
6 - Naughton
5 - Hannan
4 - Johannisen
3 - Vandermeer
2 - Martin, R. Smith
1 - English, B. Smith

Kick In / Kick In Play On
6 / 6 - Dale
2 / 2 - Daniel

Defensive 50 Marks
WB: 14
PA: 29

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 5

PA: 8

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 29
PA: 29

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 46

PA: 60

Unforced Turnovers

PA: 23

Unforced Turnovers By Player
2 - Gardner
1 - Dale, Daniel, Dunkley, Hannan, Johannisen, Macrae, Treloar, Williams

Dropped Marks (Uncontested Only)
WB: 2
PA: 5

No Pressure Errors
WB: 4

PA: 10

Turnovers/Frees/50M Penalties Punished By Goals
1 - Dunkley, Johannisen, Scott, B. Smith, Wood

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 174 (Below Average)
PA: 197 (Above Average)

Q2
WB: 192 (Above Average)
PA: 190 (Above Average)

Q3
WB: 168 (Poor)
PA: 202 (Elite)

Q4
WB: 185 (Average)
PA: 177 (Below Average)

Match
WB: 180 (Average)
PA: 192 (Above Average)

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1233591

Score Sources
View attachment 1233592
That is a weird set of numbers for a 71 point victory. That pressure gauge looks ridiculous, especially the first quarter. Our contested ball differential was one of the best ever recorded and yet we were below average for pressure. And then poor later on? That wasn’t the game I witnessed. I accept that they tackled more than we did because we were first to the ball and maybe that’s part of the reason but it seems weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a weird set of numbers for a 71 point victory. That pressure gauge looks ridiculous, especially the first quarter. Our contested ball differential was one of the best ever recorded and yet we were below average for pressure. And then poor later on? That wasn’t the game I witnessed. I accept that they tackled more than we did because we were first to the ball and maybe that’s part of the reason but it seems weird.

It’s hard to get pressure on the ball carrier, when you are the ball carrier.

That first term +23 contested possession differential is the key stat of that term…. that and the 7 goals.

Joey Montagna was going on like he predicted it! Saying that they knew after round 6 that it would be the Dogs and Melbourne. When 5 hours earlier and all week he was saying Port would win At least Kingy can say he tipped it, but c’mon Joey own up to your bullshit hahahah

And Joey has been throwing shade at us most of the year on 360 regarding our defence and being a jealous ex saint. Kingy has been on the Dogs most of the year other than the 3 weeks of hell and tipped us this game. He did do a bit of revisionist history before the game when he rubbed Montagna for being like the doubters of 2016. Like we don’t Kingy and his stupid Premiership Matrix giving us no chance! He’s a different bloke on First Crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's neearly 3 am but can i just say out 3rd quarter when they were throwing evrything at us and we just basically just sapped clock for 15 minutes was just as awesome as all the great things we did in the fisrt half

All I wanted at half time was to half the third and we did. I’m embarrassed about my screaming during the first 10 minutes though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Melbourne will undoubtedly go in as the sentimental favourites of most Victorians, as a proud (but tragic) ROOs supporter I'll put myself on the record here and now fully behind the Bulldogs. I know that your team have the spirit, determination and fight in them to go all the way. I look forward to seeing the 2021 Premiership Cup hoist above the Whitten Oval again and perhaps journeying to Ballarat. But we won't get too far ahead of ourselves yet, the team has to do the hard work now and win the flag.

All the very best to you all, and do enjoy the next two weeks ahead. Hopefully the celebrations will flow into the 26th September.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back