Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne look ominous, and I rate Geelong a far better side than Port.

That being said we are not without a chance (at the very least 20%).

If this squad does it, they will enter the pantheon of the gods.

Also brings a tear to my eye to see Dunkley, Williams and Treloar in full flight. Martin getting through a full game is massive too.
We will smash the Demons

Last year after the elim final Beveridge said that we lacked the "role players" to make a go of it. Last night, we saw Schache, Roarke, Vandermeer, Hannan, JJ, Gardner, and Martin all offer something that we haven't had before. Their efforts were absolutely outstanding.

We've seen this team win off the back of its stars again and again and again, but this time we have some players who are able to really excel at their roles rounding out the 22. Melbourne is an entirely different challenge, but it feels like we've finally got the balance right. If we can get similar output from these guys in a couple weeks we are right ****ing in it.

Was terrific. Played a really selfless game.
Really loved in the last quarter when he steamed into forward 50 he could have went over the top too Hannan. Instead he went naaa I am a senior player took on the responsibility and drilled the goal, I like that rathet than stuffing around and potentially giving the opposition a chance to intercept

Can't believe we have made our 2nd GF in 5 years. To quote my grandfather "I can't believe we are their again , 70 years I have waited for 1grandfinal now we are in our second in 5 years".

I was much calmer for this prelim. I didn't expect us to win, as I had those expectations in 2016. Amazing how Bevo can get these guys up for finals runs.

I'll be watching the GF in another country, but because of the lockdowns I guess that's how most Bulldogs fans feel. I think the bye between matches suits us and hopefully we get over the line against Melbourne 💪🏻

As I was quitely confident for the 2016 GF, I'm quietly confident for this one.
I can relate to your grandfathers comments Bulldogsjake. I woke up thinking exactly that ….. have been barracking for the Doggies for 52 years and waited so so long to see them gain that dream appearance in GF in 2016. And now it is happening again just five years later. Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache and Hannan have been the whipping boys in recent times but the last few weeks they've really busted their gut

View attachment 1233371
I hate to say I told you so but i will anyway

I love Wallis but there is absolutely no way he can do what Hannan does and I’m not talking about the goals. It’s the pace and the way he contests that’s vital for our team defence

All I wanted at half time was to half the third and we did. I’m embarrassed about my screaming during the first 10 minutes though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I acted like a lunatic and as if it was a six point game. The scars of 97 are still there.

VDM possible hammy and ordinary game out for Cody for mine

He made some mistakes, but he took the game on, i want that sort of guy in the team, not someone wondering what might have been. But someone has to come out for Cody...some tough decisons for Bevo

I was so confused with our form Prior to the finals. Now the cards have fallen into place. I am sure they expected to win a couple of the last few games and whatever they did reulted in an expected drop in form and had to do it the hard way.

Bevo and team have been planning for this since our amazing start. I have not been a fan of Hannan this year and feel he was carried, but OMG that was his best game in his career, not the goals but his total game was amazing. JJ has to stay, most courageous game he has played and he has to stay. Schache was immense, best game of his career also. He was so strong in the air competing and putting his body on the line. So happy for him. Treloar was hungry 9 tackles and pressure acts off the chart.

Keath and Weightman massive ins and 2 very unlucky players lose there spot. I think it is either VDM or Roarke. Both struggle at times in making the right decisions but both played OK. Not sure who I would drop. VDM has X factor but Smith more reliable.

Bevo has turned it around and was best coaching performance of his career.

In Luke Darcy's voice: Say that again?

View attachment 1233393
Bevo was forced into playing underdone players due too no VFL to get game time into players. It did cost us momentum and top 4 but we now have a full list of primed players and we are in a Granny. And Bevo has the biggest brass balls of all time to do it.

It was Bont’s goal before half time for me. That’s when I knew we had it.

Unreal - we have showed heart that I didn’t know we had.

I thought we were no chance without Keath.

If Martin pulls up ok, absolutely no reason why we can’t win it all.
Same here. I breathed a sigh of relief. The captain, too. Even better :)

I'll put my hand up and say I was extremely doubtful about the selection of Martin (love the bloke, actually), but ultimately had faith in the MC and Bev. Yeah, some pretty suss decisions over the course of the year, but, gee, there have been some gems, too.

I'm rapt for Martin, especially. Seems like such a top bloke.

I love how much this win will. Have really felt like a dagger into the hearts of these pissant sooks from EOC, FBBLFC, StKFC,SMSSFC et all who are all following us around like jilted ex lovers screaming “but…but…. The umpires”

if we can get up in the GF from here, the chorus will grow louder and for each howling banshee, my celebrations will get obnoxious by a measure of one Dean Boxall shag thrust per sook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back