Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, you selling anything on Facebook Marketplace? Or better yet, next time you want to sell your car, let me know first.

Draft falls away badly after the first round this year. We don't points anyway for academy or F/S selections. If we get a third rounder back (hopefully next season's from Freo, a much deeper draft apparently), I don't see the problem.

Ok, let's break this down step by step...

For Pickett and Marchbank we traded away 1021 draft points or the equivalent of pick 17. Was it a failed trade? Yes.

For Setterfield we traded away 1297 draft points or the equivalent of pick 12. Was it a failed trade? I don't think so. Jury is still out and I hope he can recapture some of his great 2020 form.

For Kennedy we traded away pick 28. This was not a failed trade - Kennedy was our most improved player this year. He stepped up in Cripps' absence when others couldn't, and is definitely in our best side. He averaged 22 touches and 6 tackles a game in his return to the team.

Dow and O'Brien need to be given more time. Although Teague made them earn their spots, he starved them of opportunity and ruined their confidence by dropping them to the VFL on countless occasions. I can assure you that Voss is a very different type of coach.

SPS was played completely out of position for the last 2 years. You really blaming SOS for this?

Cuningham was on the verge of a breakout year if it wasn't for his ACL. Sadly he's always injured, but I have faith. At least he always plays his good games against Essendon!

Now, when addressing failures you must also touch on successes.

Newman for pick 55 was a steal.

Pittonet for the equivalence of pick 56 was a steal.

Martin for free in the PSD was amazing.

Not to mention he also managed so snag TDK at pick 30, Stocker at pick 19, Kemp at pick 17, Honey in the rookie draft and Owies for free in the pre-season SSP. ALL of them for practically nothing.

Oh, and who can forget Walsh, Weiters, Harry and Charlie.

SOS' failures are not 'starting to add up'.
Blind Freddy would’ve picked Walsh and Weitering in those spots. Curnow was also basically a lock for Carlton at 13 with the Ed factor after scaring other clubs off losing his license and some other off field antics in his under 18 year.
Yes, he had some success stories and some failures, he’s not the messiah plenty think he is. He was just a bang average list manager really given the picks he had to play with he did basically what he should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it with this supporter base's obsession with having to "win trades"?

To be fair, there's a fair portion of all supporter bases that just want to win all trades, all the time.

I also think we've done a large amount of fair trades under SOS, taken some Ls (especially recently) but haven't had a huge win for ages in the trading game so there might be a bit of 'when is it our time to win one?', which I can understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back