Rumour AFL not happy with Tex criticism of MRO. Sanction could loom.

Remove this Banner Ad

He won't get a ban, but he will be reprimanded and a fine, which he should.
Why should he?
The matter was dealt with and Tex gave an honest reply when asked a question on a radio station.
There is no need to fine or reprimand him.

This was a non issue until McClure intimated it will be looked at by the AFL. It follows his modus operandi, he has form on this crap concerning the AFC... the vague insinuation suggesting further action.

It was an easy snipe really because as Arrowman pointed out :
To be fair (and I cringe at being fair to McClure) it's entirely plausible - likely, in fact. The AFL does not take kindly to players and coaches publicly criticising MRO decisions.
I'm betting his thinking was along those lines also.

Geoffa32 said it concisely
If this is the one source of the AFL being unhappy, it is BS.

Purely an opinion piece and just McClure sinking the boots in.

No basis at all.

When the AFL passes these two off as "nothing to see here", this is where you end up.

Yet they are more concerned about players having a different opinion to them.

There is no bigger disconnect in football than how football commentators and the AFL administration perceive Joel Selwood and how the general football going public perceive him. He is such an outrageously dirty player that it beggars belief that he could be the NAB Auskick ambassador… as if he personifies what it should mean to be an AFL footballer. Jebus.

Why should he?
The matter was dealt with and Tex gave an honest reply when asked a question on a radio station.
There is no need to fine or reprimand him.

This was a non issue until McClure intimated it will be looked at by the AFL. It follows his modus operandi, he has form on this crap concerning the AFC... the vague insinuation suggesting further action.

It was an easy snipe really because as Arrowman pointed out :

I'm betting his thinking was along those lines also.

Geoffa32 said it concisely
Think it is still a non issue. 5AA said they rang the crows and the AFL and they said there was nothing to comment about. McClure making stuff up again

Think it is still a non issue. 5AA said they rang the crows and the AFL and they said there was nothing to comment about. McClure making stuff up again
Time to call out again the f**kwit reporter.

There is no bigger disconnect in football than how football commentators and the AFL administration perceive Joel Selwood and how the general football going public perceive him. He is such an outrageously dirty player that it beggars belief that he could be the NAB Auskick ambassador… as if he personifies what it should mean to be an AFL footballer. Jebus.
Don't forget the eye gouge on Riley Knight either. Controlling umpire was made aware immediately on field. No report made. Incident not even looked at.

It must be the conspiracy theorist in me but this come out and a few day later, they talk about North and priority picks. The easy way to sanction the crows and Tex over this and then to give north a heads up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entire footy classified Panel including Eddie reckon that Cotchin was just protecting himself and didn't "Kick" him and shouldn't have even been fined.
Why watch the garbage, you already know what they are going to say, the competition is still the VFL as far as I’m concerned. any interstate club that wins a premiership in this day and age it is worth 3 premierships, it’s that hard to win with all the legs up vic clubs get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back