Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Larkey tunnelling Young again, and Plowman was the first to react with aggressive intent. Kennedy was the next and Doc and Cripps flew the flag like the team leaders they are.

Not the first time for Plow either. He got suspended for flying the flag for Weitering once.

Good man.
Plow gained some seriout respect points last night.

Yes it was VFL quality opposition, but he was tough and looked after his team-mates.

He'll have some howlers now and then but those are limited by better team defence.

Yes it was VFL quality opposition, but he was tough and looked after his team-mates.

He'll have some howlers now and then but those are limited by better team defence.
He's a weird cat Plow. Not particularly creative out of defense, yet sells the best candy in the team, not particularly effective by foot, yet when he gets it right he looks like a rich mans Dusty Martin.

Saad might be the best one on one player in the comp. He just doesn't lose a 50-50 ball. Heck, he wins most 20-80 balls. Not just his closing speed, he never loses his feet and is incredibly strong over the footy.

Very impressed with Young. Has a future as a 3rd tall. Hopefully get McDonald back soon to free up Young against sides with 2 genuine KF threats.

Cripps - what a game. Another 2-3 votes. Love how we're using him as the short hit up option 40m out. Not sure there's another player in the comp they loves a goal more than Crippa.
Agree saad is exceptional one on one

With McGovern and McDonald (we'll see what happens with Marchbank...) allergic to being healthy, and Parks way off the pace, I think we should all (gladly) accept that Plowman is essentially playing the remainder of the year.

Im trilled to be 5-2 after 7, we have improved materially from last year. Still a bit predictable for mine with forward entries but did better after half time.

Doubt we will be come a top 4 team this year, but parts of our game have now clicked.

Crippa still the heart beat and most important player. Great again last night. Harry has matured and was fantastic, looked like marking everything.

Saad and doc exceptional too.

Not sure hewit is an automatic in. I liked our midfield balance last night. Kennedy as a burst mid, working with crippa works well. How great is Sam Walsh. His ability to contribute and influence whether foward or mid provides so much flex.

Owes tackling pressure better. And the King did well in the ruck.

We are good incept 3rd defender away from being really strong. Plow plugged hole tonight but is not the long term answer.

Dilema i see is Lob and Fish deliver inside 50 well, and make us let predictable but both poor one on one players and we get exposed at times. JSOS underated in this but cant execute if he plays ruck.

Looking forward to see how we evolve. And JC what a great game. Very impressive. Loved how balanced his stats were. Complete player.

Hard to judge from the tv, but the commentators remarked once or twice at how hard Martin was working off the ball.

Always does. His leading patterns are elite, creating space behind him for the likes of Charlie and Harry, while dragging an intercepting defender with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pics Neese. Get ya mugs out!
here's an old carlton mug

Doull17July.jpg

That last line act, where he bumped his opponent turned and punched the ball through was perfect text book defence...

I could imagine Bruce Doull watching and nodding slowly with approval, Mr Miyagi style. 😊

Not sure hewit is an automatic in. I liked our midfield balance last night. Kennedy as a burst mid, working with crippa works well. How great is Sam Walsh. His ability to contribute and influence whether foward or mid provides so much flex.
confused-no.gif

He took some risky kicks into the centre he looked at previously and declined played with more confuddnce
I love the way he plays. Just do more of it.
Need to see him used a little more in centre square too.
He hunts the ball like a midfielder but not enough in there to make the most of him.
At least he was in there a few times last night, which is what I been wanting to see.

Good to see Fisher lift after last week. Definitely helps playing him in a role more suited to him.

Saad was a rock defensively. Plus his composure to gather the ball and be clean with it was awesome.

Cripps again was the bog, having an amazing season.

Young is getting better each week. Liking what I'm seeing. That Larkey tunnel was a real weak act. No wonder he ended up walking off looking like he was wearing a dress with a bad wardrobe malfunction...

Carroll what a debut!

Stocker as always hard at it... hopefully he's ok we need him out there.

Overall a pretty solid performance. We stepped up in the second half which is definitely something that they'd been targeting after our earlier fade outs.

Lewis Young the best surprise for me. Thought he has struggled a bit so far this year but he looked very good tonight.
Yes, easily his best game down back so far.
Which is interesting as he was probably next up to be used in ruck more to help TDK out so maybe he was motivated to claim his spot down back so he avoids that.
Last night seemed like TDK 1st ruck then Silvagni help out in centre square to rest TDK up and sometimes up forward, McKay or Crippa would take some turns too.

LOB - 15 disp @ 86%, 3 i50s (that bullet to Martin tho)

Fish - 21 disp @ 76%, 2 goal assists, 7 score involvements, 4 i50s and 472m gained

Newnes - 22 disp @ 81%, 10 marks, 1 goal, 313m gained and 1-2 great smothers

Martin, Plow, Newman could be added. Point being, if 6-7 of your inconsistent players/those that are in and out of the side play their role, things come together nicely. Newnes and Martin after quarter time was very solid. Newman went at 100% from 18 disp. Martin did the big and small stuff up forward. These players took more risks in their play as well that paid off.

If only Fisher had some consistency, honestly would tear teams up each week. One of those players I think that needs to be in the mood to play.

LOB - 15 disp @ 86%, 3 i50s (that bullet to Martin tho)

Fish - 21 disp @ 76%, 2 goal assists, 7 score involvements, 4 i50s and 472m gained

Newnes - 22 disp @ 81%, 10 marks, 1 goal, 313m gained and 1-2 great smothers

Martin, Plow, Newman could be added. Point being, if 6-7 of your inconsistent players/those that are in and out of the side play their role, things come together nicely. Newnes and Martin after quarter time was very solid. Newman went at 100% from 18 disp. Martin did the big and small stuff up forward. These players took more risks in their play as well that paid off.

If only Fisher had some consistency, honestly would tear teams up each week. One of those players I think that needs to be in the mood to play.
Was Fishers best game since I can remember.

It'll be as automatic as it gets.
I don't see Lleyton as an automatic inclusion. But I read Santo comment (and others like it) as a reference to the possibility his injury may keep him out another week, and therefore not an automatic in. But if George is fit, he will play.

Back