Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a feeling Tasmania's will be horrendous, especially if it has a graphic of the island on it. It depends on what they are called I guess - the Tasmania Devils, Tasmania Theythems, Tasmania Twoheads

To be fair Sydney is a football club, not the opera.

Opera House is a world-renowned symbol of Sydney. Even the Roosters in NRL use it in the comb of the Rooster on their logo.
1663117225500.jpeg

The Swans just have it as a small symbol on the guernsey. The kit doesn't resemble a house usher like the GC uniform resembles a lifeguard.

Hawthorn Poo and Pee vertical stripes (design is good , the colours though)
Adelaide - a liquorice all sort
Port - baby boys blankey
GWS - Makes GC look hip
but worst ever is the early 2000s WCE -- seriously looks like a vomit covered singlet

I've got a feeling Tasmania's will be horrendous, especially if it has a graphic of the island on it. It depends on what they are called I guess - the Tasmania Devils, Tasmania Theythems, Tasmania Twoheads
Interesting everyone says they will be called Tasmania something. That would make them the only club in the league named after a state which would be odd.

Hawthorn Poo and Pee vertical stripes (design is good , the colours though)
Adelaide - a liquorice all sort
Port - baby boys blankey
GWS - Makes GC look hip
but worst ever is the early 2000s WCE -- seriously looks like a vomit covered singlet
Was that the one that had the orange/ocre in it?

yup...... drank too much OJ after a Nicks place kebab and a big night on the turps ......blllloooooraaahhhh !!!!! ..... wow that'll make a nice jumper
I thought I remembered a story behind our ochre guernsey from 2000 and after looking at a map I think it's correct. It's based on the actual state of WA, "where the red desert meets the sea", it's even in the shape of it. You can see the thin light blue line represents the clear blue beach water then the dark blue being the ocean etc. A side by side with a map should make sense now. Now you know what they were thinking.
untitled-png.1279144

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As opposed to the club named after 10,000km of Coast? Even 'Western' Bulldogs covers a larger area than Tasmania.
You know what I mean, I’m saying it would sound strange by using the state name. Who is playing this week?
Adelaide vs Fremantle
Brisbane vs Sydney
Carlton vs Tasmania

The next question should be - what colour shorts go best with your clubs jumper

With Geel i much prefer the white shorts which we wear 85% of the time - i think it is only against the Swans - and maybe 1-2 other teams we wear the blue shorts

Where as Carlton who i watched in a few games this year - i think their jumper is ok to good - however i think it looks much better with the dark navy blue shorts . I saw them in a game this year with white shorts - and i thought their jumper looked ordinary - or no where near as good in white shorts

Gold Coast’s branding and jumper is the worst by a fair margin.

For the second newest team, everything they put out seems so dated. I think it’s because their jumper is so busy, the Maccas colours don’t do them any favours either.

They need to find a minimalist jumper over time like other new-ish teams:

Freo: Busy multicoloured anchor > two colour anchor > two colour V design

Port: Busy three colour lightning design > simple two/three colour V

For the Suns, at this point they’ve missed the boat with minimalism they might as well wait for maximalism to come back into vogue.

The next question should be - what colour shorts go best with your clubs jumper

With Geel i much prefer the white shorts which we wear 85% of the time - i think it is only against the Swans - and maybe 1-2 other teams we wear the blue shorts

Where as Carlton who i watched in a few games this year - i think their jumper is ok to good - however i think it looks much better with the dark navy blue shorts . I saw them in a game this year with white shorts - and i thought their jumper looked ordinary - or no where near as good in white shorts
Bulldogs better in white shorts. Even black shorts pre 1975 look great too.

Back