Unofficial Preview Round 11: Pies v North Melbourne, Marvel. 28 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will definitely not end up as a midfielder.

We need to get games into Macrae and Carmichael right now, they're both ready and both could easily match Adams output
Neither will match Adams competitiveness in the midfield or pressure in the forwardline.

If you’re frustrated with Adams’ composure then you’ll be able Ben more frustrated with Carmichael’s.

Neither will match Adams competitiveness in the midfield or pressure in the forwardline.

If you’re frustrated with Adams’ composure then you’ll be able Ben more frustrated with Carmichael’s.

Carmichael is young with 8 games to his name, he will improve over the year, Adams will only get worse as he gets over 30.

I feel the jury is out on Macrae's ability to be hard at it in the middle (to replace Adams) but agree Carmichael could be a bull with some games and confidence under him.
I think the opposite, actually. Macrae is 2.5 years younger and to me is more consistent in his application in the 2s

Adams looks like age has caught up to him. Just struggling to keep up with the tempo, and his ball use has always been mediocre.

Good time to get games into Macrae or Carmichael to prepare them for september
Macrae and September sounds like a mismatch to me.

I think some are being very harsh regarding Adams. He'd die for the jumper. Finals intensity is where Adams will be at his best. He is still ahead of any alternative because Lipinski is an outside runner. Taylor won't be going anywhere in my opinion.

Our Marvel record under Fly last year was 1 win, 2 losses so it's something to be mindful of.

We should be winning comfortably if all things are equal. North were competitive against Sydney and they tested us last year so I'm going to assume this will be a tougher game than some expect.

Sydney were playing North at Marvel, and they still won, with no backline.

We’ll be fine.

Our Marvel record under Fly last year was 1 win, 2 losses so it's something to be mindful of.

We should be winning comfortably if all things are equal. North were competitive against Sydney and they tested us last year so I'm going to assume this will be a tougher game than some expect.
Thankfully no LDU to destroy us this time. We'll also have Moore playing, so Larkey shouldn't kick 5 either.

Either way, this Collingwood side doesn't drop too many games, 4 points and no injuries will do me.

One of those losses at Marvel was against Bulldogs when our team was riddled with the flu.The other loss against West Coast,I can’t explain that one away at all.One of the great mysteries of the universe,that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those losses at Marvel was against Bulldogs when our team was riddled with the flu.The other loss against West Coast,I can’t explain that one away at all.One of the great mysteries of the universe,that game.
The West Coast game was bizarre and still hard to understand more than 12 months on.

I think we should bring Frampton in, get back to our best 22 structure.

In: Frampton
Out: Markov
It’s a groin he’s dealing with I expect they will be more cautious.

I think Ginivan needs some time in the two’s. He didn’t earn his spot back and his last two weeks have been so-so.

I’d prefer Reef, or to give Macrae, Harrison or somebody else a crack.

Not necessarily. Sidey and Pendles are playing career best footy or as good as their best from years ago and both are older that Taylor Adams.

Pendlebury is no where near his AA best.

Also Adams relies on his pace a lot more than Sidebottom and Pendlebury do.

Got to take a leaf out of Geelong's books and rest some of the older players in the next 2 weeks even though we have the bye coming up soon after.
Mitchell, Adams, Elliot, Miochek, Pendles, Steel. Maybe even DeGoey ( I think he looked sore 2nd half)
We'll beat WC and Nth easily and an extra week off could be vital come September.

Out: Adams, Elliot and maybe 1 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back