Autopsy 2023 Rd 11 It's Groundhog Day ... again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie and Harry kicked 100 between them last year… what’s different this year, can you remember the last time either of them were hit, lace out on the chest? I can’t.

It’s the game plan.

Between them Charlie and Harry kicked 1.6 plus a couple out on the full and kicked into the man on the mark tonight.
They had plenty of chances...

I genuinely ask myself this same question 20 fricken times a game..

Is it because our Mids/Half Backs don't have the skill to lower their eyes and hit a leading target?

Or is it our Forwards don't posses the football nouse to create the required leading patterns?

Is it both?

Someone....anyone??
All of the above

Add to that our mids and half backs don’t have the acceleration that gives them the chance to get clear to balance up and hit a target - this is painfully obvious

we should be fine with a bit of luck and some fine tuning, use the rest of the season to incorporate dow & binns etc into the squad - get voss some support, bring on the dees, let's go boys!!!
further to this, vossy is too much of a tough guy to put up with this for any longer - expect a huge change in effort next week, dees know what's coming.....

I still remember the insults thrown at those who were dead against the Voss appointment at the time and wanted nothing to do with him as our coach.
Voss is not the probelm. Nor Was Bolton or Teague. (I won't stick up for Malthouse as that was an appalling decision.) Culture is the problem.

We have lost what it means to play for the Emblam, thee jumper and the fans. The Rasin D'etre of being a football club.

We could employ every and allof the AFL coaches, all at once, but it would make no difference if an until the attitude of the inner sanctum changes. Those core of players who are willing to give their all for the jumper they wear.

Can you imagine a Kenny Hunter, or a Nails Mailin, or a Wayne Johson or a Sellers McLure accepting this leve of performance? No, me neither.

THEY HAVE GONE SOFT. There is no hunger, no drive, no pride in them.

Embarrassing. Club is broken and the light at the end of the tunnel has faded into the distance. 8 years into a rebuild, 0 finals and a team heading for the bottom 4-6. Failure of epic proportions.
Then bring in a new list manager who puts players on long term contracts, we are screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Kennedy, the contested ball beast watching Hayward waltz into an open goal in the forward pocket as he tried to assess his newly found home as a lockdown defender.
Good in game experience. Green shoots.
I was so hoping Matt K was going to be used as a third forward so imagine the horror pre game watching him doing drills and warming up with the backs.

The MC is taking the piss I thought. But hey it did happen and he played back.

I have no words

Not only is his own brain mush, he is hurting everyone else on the ground.

We already have to bust our ass for shots on goal as it is. Seeing Harry piss away chance after chance after chance for no return is a killer. You can’t continue to get no reward for effort or it blows up even worse as we are already seeing.
Agreed. For those who have played the game, even at a very basic amateur level, this is spot on.

Felt like you blokes for the most part played decently just didn't get reward for your effort up forward, you play this game again and you win by 5 or so goals, just one of those games. In saying that, if Hardwick feels up to it after five or so months away from the game I'd be hitting him up for sure.

Vossy’s presser 😂
Dead set, sat there riveted and staring.
Well, not exactly true. First minute I was thinking how much I hate those white arm bands on the oversized carlton shirts he's been wearing all year.
What is that?
An american nfa style thing? It looks clown like.
Anyway, then started focusing on his actuaL words,
Which was a stupid idea.
Disappointed to be disappointed.
Yeah.
He got that right.

Last edited:
Felt like you blokes for the most part played decently just didn't get reward for your effort up forward, you play this game again and you win by 5 or so goals, just one of those games. In saying that, if Hardwick feels up to it after five or so months away from the game I'd be hitting him up for sure.
patronized by an eagles supporter now.........

Voss is not the probelm. Nor Was Bolton or Teague. (I won't stick up for Malthouse as that was an appalling decision.) Culture is the problem.

We have lost what it means to play for the Emblam, thee jumper and the fans. The Rasin D'etre of being a football club.

We could employ every and allof the AFL coaches, all at once, but it would make no difference if an until the attitude of the inner sanctum changes. Those core of players who are willing to give their all for the jumper they wear.

Can you imagine a Kenny Hunter, or a Nails Mailin, or a Wayne Johson or a Sellers McLure accepting this leve of performance? No, me neither.

THEY HAVE GONE SOFT. There is no hunger, no drive, no pride in them.

The buck stops with the coach.

He has all the say on how we play and what the plyers need to work on to improve their game.

If they aren't playing for the jumper then start dropping them.

At least we have the last two Coleman medallists, last years Brownlow Medallist, an AA full back, our best young player in a generation and 17 first round draft selections on our list.
Surely that’s a recipe for success?
Sounds like we have the right ingredients, just not the right recipe.

This club has lost it's way.

Players look like they have no way out of their slump.

Our skills, decision making and forward strategy are c grade.

Not 1 player won their position tonight, maybe weiters.........

I wasn't expecting a win cos I just don't trust our players.

Send Ollie away to get mended, he has been running on fumes for 6 weeks.

Give Crippa some time to get his ankle right, Hewett and possibly Cerra (suspension) are out, things are getting worse before they get better (how many times have we had to go through that!!!)

Don’t think the club has lost it’s way but the players certainly have.

I just can’t figure out whether it’s game plan related or expectation has got into the players heads or both.

Players being played out of position and the persistence with three small forwards who don’t actually play like small forwards is another conundrum.

At a loss tbh.

Back