Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. West Coast, OS Sat 03/06, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just hope we don't underestimate Wce.....they did beat us last season after all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Frampton comes back in it might be a good week to throw some magnets around. Could we rest a ruckman in the second half and try Billy as second ruck drifting forward or back given our defence has been going ok without him? Could Markov be tried in a modified role further up the ground at times? Start someone like Crispy as sub and throw Bruzzy or McReery into the middle for a spell? Give Carmichael a full game?
Seems like a perfect game to try some things in a match day scenario.

Last edited:
Allan the only Pies player to get VFL Coaches Votes if that's worth anything. Surprising, posters here said he wasn't very good on the weekend 😂😂
I’ll be honest. I barely noticed him, I must have been blind. I’ve seen him play great games before, didn’t really see this as one of them. Then again the whole team was poor

I’ll be honest. I barely noticed him, I must have been blind. I’ve seen him play great games before, didn’t really see this as one of them. Then again the whole team was poor
I mentioned he got the ball out of congested packs several times and his kicks were nice and long.
Only watched the second half though.

First change is more time in the ruck for Cox, ffs he’s back to being a bit part player while DC gets more game time than he deserves.

Other changes: obviously JC and Finn come into the squad, one as sub the other 1st emg for Steele. When and if Billy is ready I’d like to see him get a run of games in the backline with Markov moving to wing or sub.

Ps. WHE doesn’t get a lot of love on this board but he’s our genuine utility front, back and wing and he’s doing a damn good job, so I’m giving him some love this week.
Ok so to add to this now that Elliott is out. WHE plays permanent forward to replace Jamie. Both JC and Finn come in one as sub. If HH gets a game I’ll be as dumbfounded as I was when Chugg got a game and HH has done less than Chugg.

I’m not bringing in Reef as I don’t rate him at all as a player plus he was injured last week as is a 50/50 for this week. You don’t take that player on a plane to Perth.
Emg: HH (they like him) Kelly, Begg.

Leaning towards something like this.

Murphy - Moore - Maynard
Markov - Frampton - Quaynor
J.Daicos - N.Daicos - WHE
McReery - Johnson - Carmichael
Ginnivan - Mihocek - Hill
Cox - DeGoey - Mitchell
Pendlebury - Noble - Adams - Cameron
Sub: Crisp (a little freshen up)

Hill and WHE rotating wing/forward.
Adams and Carmichael rotating mid/forward
Cameron or Cox resting out the second half to try out the one ruck plus Billy set up.
No injuries.

Leaning towards something like this.

Murphy - Moore - Maynard
Markov - Frampton - Quaynor
J.Daicos - N.Daicos - WHE
McReery - Johnson - Carmichael
Ginnivan - Mihocek - Hill
Cox - DeGoey - Mitchell
Pendlebury - Noble - Adams - Cameron
Sub: Crisp (a little freshen up)

Hill and WHE rotating wing/forward.
Adams and Carmichael rotating mid/forward
Cameron or Cox resting out the second half to try out the one ruck plus Billy set up.
No injuries.
Crisp playing his 200th game in a row. He won't be sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back