Toast Round 12 = West Coast 57-120 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

A reminder that this one well off the ball got 3. Any talk of DeGoey getting more is laughable.

High contact, severe impact, careless, same as DeGoey’s would likely be you’d think

High contact, severe impact, careless, same as DeGoey’s would likely be you’d think

That’s worse because it’s behind the play… unfortunately they have removed that metric

How something nowhere near the ball can be called anything other than deliberate is mind boggling….

I

A reminder that this one well off the ball got 3. Any talk of DeGoey getting more is laughable.

It just comes down to their table of consequences.

The tribunal decided that Caminiti's was careless and not intentional.

So Careless, high contact, severe impact for the concussion spits out to 3 weeks.

I was under the impression that bumps were graded as intentional, which would make it 4, but I was wrong, so it should get the same grading as Caminiti. Careless, high contact, severe impact - 3 weeks.

2 weeks….

Yep, “high contact”, “high impact”, “careless” = 2 weeks.

Probably same as DeGoey’s would have been if the player didn’t go off concussed.

Player went off concussed, so impact becomes “extreme”.

Lots of doom on here.

Pies don't beat teams by big margins and we won by 10 goals.

Beau and WHE both did ankles, I was sitting right where WHE hobbled off, by the very end he was basically walking.

It's a couple ankles lads.

JDG is disappointing but s**t happens, rather that over an injury, 2 weeks, look at some of the hits this year Pickett for example.

Last edited:
That’s worse because it’s behind the play… unfortunately they have removed that metric

How something nowhere near the ball can be called anything other than deliberate is mind boggling….

When parsing through the guidelines, it would have been asked “Did the offender intend (or were they careless) with causing extreme impact high contact? (ie: concussion)”. Judging that a player intended to concuss his opponent (even off the ball) is a very high threshold. And if it’s not intentional, then it must be careless.

(Not saying that I necessarily agree with the guidelines - that’s just the way they’re written)

When parsing through the guidelines, it would have been asked “Did the offender intend (or were they careless) with causing extreme impact high contact? (ie: concussion)”. Judging that a player intended to concuss his opponent (even off the ball) is a very high threshold. And if it’s not intentional, then it must be careless.

(Not saying that I necessarily agree with the guidelines - that’s just the way they’re written)

I was talking about the StKilda incident that was miles off the ball but yep. That’s the way they are written…

JDG is disappointing but s**t happens rather that over an injury, 2 weeks look at some of the hits this year Pickett for example.

MRO isn’t run by a bunch of rhythmic gymnastics judges who hold up cards “7.8”, “8.2”, “5.3” based on how spectacular or outrageous the incident was.

There is a very clear published set of guidelines.

Those guidelines ask three very simple questions, which in DeGoey’s case have 3 very obvious answers:

Q1: Where on the body was contact made? The obvious answer to that is “head”. Which is interpreted as “high on the body”

Q2: Was impact low, medium, high or extreme? Ie: what was the impact to the other player? Given that the player was concussed (and will miss a week himself) then the answer to that is “extreme”. That might seem tough, but that’s the age we’re in.

Q3: Was the act careless or intentional? It was clearly careless, nobody is suggesting DeGoey intended to concuss him.

If you put “High contact” + “extreme impact” + “careless” into the guidelines you get “3+ weeks (Tribunal)”

Don’t set yourself up for outrage and disappointment by expecting only 2 weeks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’d be graded “high contact” (to the head), “medium impact”, “careless” = 1 week.

DoGoey’s would likely be graded “high contact”, “severe impact” (under concussion protocols), “careless” = 3+ weeks

So yeah, it would go from “medium impact” to “severe impact” because of Eagles player being concussed.
And yet the media & oppo supporters are saying it should be AT LEAST 4 weeks.

And yet the media & oppo supporters are saying it should be AT LEAST 4 weeks.

Re: media, all the ones I’ve seen are saying 3.

Re: Oppo, Meh, many CFC supporters are saying 2, if oppo say 4 then that averages to 3 which is about right.

Maybe character comes into it when it goes to the Tribunal? DeGoey is hardly a cleanskin, but isn’t that all off-field antics? Maybe Fly was playing chess three steps ahead when he insisted at his presser that DeGoey is a clean player?

MRO isn’t run by a bunch of rhythmic gymnastics judges who hold up cards “7.8”, “8.2”, “5.3” based on how spectacular or outrageous the incident was.

There is a very clear published set of guidelines.

Those guidelines ask three very simple questions, which in DeGoey’s case have 3 very obvious answers:

Q1: Where on the body was contact made? The obvious answer to that is “head”. Which is interpreted as “high on the body”

Q2: Was impact low, medium, high or extreme? Ie: what was the impact to the other player? Given that the player was concussed (and will miss a week himself) then the answer to that is “extreme”. That might seem tough, but that’s the age we’re in.

Q3: Was the act careless or intentional? It was clearly careless, nobody is suggesting DeGoey intended to concuss him.

If you put in “High contact” + “extreme impact” + “careless” into the guidelines you get “3+ weeks (Tribunal)”

Don’t set yourself up for outrage and disappointment by only expecting 2 weeks.
Yep. Does my head in. There's a table that spits out a consequence, yet every incident supporters and most commentators try to compare the vibe of different incidents (vibe doesn't appear on the table) to decide which incident should get more or less weeks.

Lots of doom on here.

Pies don't beat teams by big margins and we won by 10 goals.

Beau and WHE both did ankles, I was sitting right where WHE hobbled off, by the very end he was basically walking.

It's a couple ankles lads.

JDG is disappointing but s**t happens, rather that over an injury, 2 weeks, look at some of the hits this year Pickett for example.

Hire Carlton’s lawyer.

Hewitt had the ball when JDG went towards him.

Hewitt runs at him full pelt and dished the ball very last second so it was in the play. JDG turns at last minute and as Hewitt is lower down driving his legs, he hits him in the chin from what I saw. He did not set out to hit a young player in the head.

Split second decision not to tackle probably as the ball came out but to use his body to effect the hand pass and angle Hewitt came in at contributes to the high contact.

Based upon Cripps, Pickett, Caminiti , probably out for 3 weeks. With Carlton’s lawyer could get it to 2.

Media talking up the drama for clicks. It is a pretty straightforward 3 week suspension. Cornes as an ex-tagger advocates for dirty tactics against Nick one minute, next minute says this is dirty.

Will miss Dees, Crows and Suns.

Back for the dogs. We had to manage without him last year due to Bali.

We will be fine with Elliot, Lipinski and Howe to come in as quality players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hire Carlton’s lawyer.

Hewitt had the ball when JDG went towards him.

Hewitt runs at him full pelt and dished the ball very last second so it was in the play. JDG turns at last minute and as Hewitt is lower down driving his legs, he hits him in the chin from what I saw. He did not set out to hit a young player in the head.

Split second decision not to tackle probably as the ball came out but to use his body to effect the hand pass and angle Hewitt came in at contributes to the high contact.

Based upon Cripps, Pickett, Caminiti , probably out for 3 weeks. With Carlton’s lawyer could get it to 2.

Media talking up the drama for clicks. It is a pretty straightforward 3 week suspension. Cornes as an ex-tagger advocates for dirty tactics against Nick one minute, next minute says this is dirty.

Will miss Dees, Crows and Suns.

Back for the dogs. We had to manage without him last year due to Bali.

We will be fine with Elliot, Lipinski and Howe to come in as quality players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep - when it comes to Elite performance for Carlton, it’s their legal team - not Football team.

Re: media, all the ones I’ve seen are saying 3.

Re: Oppo, Meh, many CFC supporters are saying 2, if oppo say 4 then that averages to 3 which is about right.

Maybe character comes into it when it goes to the Tribunal? DeGoey is hardly a cleanskin, but isn’t that all off-field antics? Maybe Fly was playing chess three steps ahead when he insisted at his presser that DeGoey is a clean player?
Here’s a couple of clowns

Last edited:

I
Saints lawyer done very well to argue that it wasn’t in retaliation to Murphy pushing or chirping. Had that ridiculous notion (Murphy said afterwards he started it) not been accepted it would have been intentional.

Here’s a couple of clowns

Yep. That first bloke needs to look at the table. He says careless, high contact, severe impact (which is right) but then says it will go straight to the tribunal with a 4 or 5 week outcome, despite his gradings meaning he doesn't go straight to the tribunal and is offered 3 weeks. Its only straight to the tribunal if it's graded intentional.

Edit: whoops, I need to read the table. It's straight to the tribunal and 3+.

Last edited:
Yep. That first bloke needs to look at the table. He says careless, high contact, severe impact (which is right) but then says it will go straight to the tribunal with a 4 or 5 week outcome, despite his gradings meaning he doesn't go straight to the tribunal and is offered 3 weeks. Its only straight to the tribunal if it's graded intentional.

Nope. Any severe impact, body or high, gets you a trip to the Tribunal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back