Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

If a Clayton Oliver-less Melbourne lose to Collingwood on Monday and we beat Richmond next week, we’ll move up into the top 4, a win clear of 5th.

F*cked up. Disgusting by the AFL - seriously, the moment we finally win one I'll never watch the game again.

To direct my thoughts somewhere else; if Butler can't play next week.. who does everyone bring in/move the magnets for him?

A fatwa on Michael Christian
Season 9 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Blakey is an absolute grub, he should be suspended for having no awareness at all and the most ****ed up head in the afl, i don’t even think his parents would love him with a bonce like that

If I remember it right, wasn’t it one of ours (Koby Stevens) the first to be suspended for a dangerous tackle (which was also judged holding the ball)?

Makes sense we’d also cop the one that breaks the system.

Butler - Just speechless!

Farcical, ridiculous and a thousand other similar adjectives.

I can only presume Christian checked with those higher up the food chain & they ticked this off.

The game is well & truly stuffed!

Must challenge!!!!!
Fairly predictable that Christian would give Butler a penalty. Saves him from having to explain exactly what a legitimate tackle is these days.

Suspect he did it deliberately knowing the Saints would then appeal, take it to the tribunal and let them and the AFL sort out which way they want they want this type of tackle to b ed considered.

If I was the Saints I'd take perverse pleasure in accepting the week and leave the AFL to try and explain the mess they and Christian have now created.

F*cked up. Disgusting by the AFL - seriously, the moment we finally win one I'll never watch the game again.

To direct my thoughts somewhere else; if Butler can't play next week.. who does everyone bring in/move the magnets for him?

We could give Peris a run, or we could bring in Bytel and give Gresham more forward time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler - Just speechless!

Farcical, ridiculous and a thousand other similar adjectives.

I can only presume Christian checked with those higher up the food chain & they ticked this off.

The game is well & truly stuffed!

Must challenge!!!!!
I've heard he does his assessments and rulings in black and white crayon.

If I remember it right, wasn’t it one of ours (Koby Stevens) the first to be suspended for a dangerous tackle (which was also judged holding the ball)?

Makes sense we’d also cop the one that breaks the system.

Koby who was forced to retire early due to concussion issues.

What caused Paddy McCartin's issues, did he even get free kicks for the incidents?

The AFL will be a laughing stock if this suspension doesn't get overturned.

Can you imagine showing that tackle to players and coaches in the NRL or Super Rugby and saying that tackle resulted in a one week suspension.

They would be shaking their heads in disbelief and laughing at how soft the AFL has become, this is supposed to be a contact sport FFS, not netball.

Koby who was forced to retire early due to concussion issues.

What caused Paddy McCartin's issues, did he even get free kicks for the incidents?
Sure but Koby executed what was at the time the perfect hard tackle, got a holding the ball free kick for it and then got suspended. I remember at the time most people were confused about what it was even for.

So we copped the first and if the Butler one becomes the watershed moment, we might cop the last.

One week. Careless, medium impact ( ?) high (??) - he’s half Blakeys size ffs.

We’ll challenge and he will get off, going by the general consensus of pretty much the entire media, ex players and neutrals.
Except for that Sam Edmund character on SEN this morning, I haven’t heard ONE other commentator saying anything other than he should get off.

Old Chrisso’s just hedging his bets here. Has no idea and that’s going to cost us $$$ because we have to appeal this.
There's players commenting on the AFL Instagram post and it's blatantly obvious how frustrated the fans are with this rubbish.
The AFL show a complete disregard to the players and fans wishes. It's so arrogant.
They are literally ruining the nations sport and 150 years of history and tradition and there's nothing that we can do about it.
At this point it doesn't even matter if the Butler ban is overturned. The damage is done and they can't go back now on this precedent. I'm not sure how I can continue to pour my heart and soul into the game anymore.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I’ve said for a while now let ‘em go unless it causes injury. This potential to cause injury s**t is so stupid.

This suspension might be the worst of the year, possibly the decade.

Absolute farce.
Even if a tackle does cause injury it shouldn't be punished with a suspension unless there is intent to seriously hurt someone or malice in it.
Tackling, physicality, risk, courage and sacrifice are fabrics of the game you can't eliminate without killing the game.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back