Toast Round 17 = Western Bulldogs 77-89 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be mad about the finish, but we gave them a three goal head start. Could see them one stage having a 7-8 goal Q1, and absolutely destroying us sans the flu. Well done Billy and AJ for good returns, and the Daicoi for raising the rusty roof šŸ˜Ž

Strong team effort across the board. Pendles a legend.

We got challenged and rose to meet it and overcome it. Seemed to take the foot off the pedal a bit coming out of the back, but as long as we dont have serious injuries a W is a W. It's July, bank the points and keep going.

Go Pies!

Congrats Pies fans, cracking game.

Nick Daicos was and is extraordinary.

Darcy Moore is very classy.

Weā€™re pretty much done for the year I think, so hope you guys can go on and win it.

We rose to their considerable challenge. They are a very good outfit. Very pleasing to get the win because we were a bit shaky in a few areas tonight I thought.

Nick Daicos just continues to be an over-rated stat padding seagull. Makes me sick.

So good to have Degoey back!

Never like to sink the boot in, but the only reason they got close was Bianco. He burnt two for us and set them up for two of their own to really turn momentum their way.

Highlights, however, were Quaynor, JDG finding touch in the second half, Johnny Noble AGAIN, and Nick ******* Daicos seamlessly becoming the best inside midfielder in the comp. Taught Libba (who I've got as AA) an absolute lesson.

We are having some sort of season. Nick is above and beyond what we could have realistically anticipated, and Brownlow favourite at 20. Pendlesā€™ record. A will and ability to win when we are missing key players and have others down on form. And weā€™re flag favourites. I thought 2022 was good but 2023 leaves it for dead, and itā€™s not over yet.

That felt like an 8 goal win not 2 goals. Switching off for the last 10 minutes was frustrating when you just want them to be ruthless. How good would it have felt to crush them in the last 5 minutes or so.

When the game was there to be won we smashed them which is the important aspect.

I really hope that when finals comes around we will unleash proper 4 qtr efforts and not put the cue in the rack. I'm hanging my hat on that.

Another 4 points to solidify our Top 2 spot, this is probably all we need to be focussing on. But, I'm greedy and want blood!!!

Congrats Pendles on breaking the record for possessions. The record breaker was a memorable chip kick sideways I think, maybe backwards.....brilliant!!

Great win! Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing game from IQ. Continues to build. Great intercept marker for a 180cm defender.

De Goey was scratchy in the first half but had a big impact in the second half.

Cox and Frampton struggled forward but booth did have moments in the second half. Mase just didn't quite finish any of his.

Have to say Cameron was great in the ruck. Outplayed English for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back