Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 17 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel Friday 07/07, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkers is really starting to struggle without a legitimate second banana to give him a chop out
Yup, last few weeks, its been clear as day. As good as frampton has been, he just does not provide what mcstay does up forward.

At the conclusion of round 15, Collingwood and Port have won 13 games. Geelong had only won 11 after round 15 last year. In winning 13 games both teams have qualified for the 8. Last year Richmond finished 7th after the home & away with 13 wins. The Dogs finished 8th with 12 wins. It's great that we're so dominant this year but unfortunately Port are too.
They say that because there's an extra game this year 13 wins might not be enough to qualify. If true then we really need to win this week. Surely 14 is enough?

As much as I hate resting players, Maynard looks sore. I think it will do him and the team some good to give him the week off.
Lucky for us u ar e not a selector ... and he will play .. i cant fathom how people like us on the outside can make observations and comments and based on a few tv pictures ... did you actually listen to Fly when he was specifically asked about Maynard?

How to say you have blinkers on about McStay without actually saying it
You're welcome to give me your expert opinion on how McStay makes us better. I'm yet to hear anyone really explain why we need McStay and besides that it's my opinion and you seem to be a bit salty about it. I'm just an Alien Life Form trying to make his way through this crazy planet

Imo mcstay should not be an automatic in.

Done fine without him..

Unless injury or form permits he should stay out
We absolutely torched GC on transition, so didn't need tall forwards in that game.

But when we did have to bomb it in, the ruck/forwards didn't look like the answer to me - with Ballard picking off intercepts. I don't think Billy even got near a marking ball up forward. I think one of Cox/Cameron/Frampton will make way for McStay. If it was up to me it'd be Cameron out, as I think they're all about the same as rucks - with Cox comfortably the best forward and Frampton having the defensive flexibility, but it's not up to me.

They say that because there's an extra game this year 13 wins might not be enough to qualify. If true then we really need to win this week. Surely 14 is enough?
You surely can't be worried that we are not going to have enough wins to qualify???

At least this week we aren't playing our home game there.
Edit: Jen beat me to it.
This one we can’t complain about unlike the Brisbane one coming up. Hooefully next year if we have to play 2 home games there then purely from a crowd perspective it should be either the WA teams or the 2 newer teams. Just hope this years scheduling doesn’t cost us a top 2 spot.

This one we can’t complain about unlike the Brisbane one coming up. Hooefully next year if we have to play 2 home games there then purely from a crowd perspective it should be either the WA teams or the 2 newer teams.
Especially Brisbane. One of our closest rivals on the ladder and their record at Marvel is exceptional and abysmal at the G. Awful schedule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You surely can't be worried that we are not going to have enough wins to qualify???
It's about the excitement of resting players. We don't have enough wins yet, but when we do Fly will have to shut up about us trying to qualify - which means that we can demand he rests the whole team and we'll get to watch the VFL team getting thrashed in the seniors. - I can't wait.

Because he had one good game in the 2's?

Checkers desperately needs another big body in there to help him out.

Who would you rest & rotate? Checkers with Reef?
I'm that case you could rotate with mcstay

But I wouldn't just be bringing in mcstay for sake of it.

Cheers
Won't be replying to this again

I'm that case you could rotate with mcstay

But I wouldn't just be bringing in mcstay for sake of it.

Cheers
Won't be replying to this again
Rotate with McStay? How, if he's not already in. Who do you take out of last week's team to being in Reef? And JDG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back