Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - QF vs. Melbourne, MCG, Thurs 07/09, 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure anyone could do anything in the VFL to influence their position in the side from here.

And hard to write certain ins and outs without knowing who is and isn't fit and how we want to structure up... And I always forget a player when doing a team sheet... so here goes.

FB: Quaynor, Moore, Noble
HB: Maynard, Murphy, Crisp
C: Sidebottom, Mitchell, J Daicos
HF: Adams, Mihcoek, Lipinski
FF: Elliott, McStay, Mccreery
                  
FOL: Cameron, JDG, Pendlebury
                  
INT: Howe, Ginnivan, Cox, Hill
                  
SUB: Markov

Disclaimer: The above is assuming that Moore will be fit and Nick Daicos won't be ready for the first final, as we're led to believe.

The above is also largely dependent on whether we want to stick with Cox as second ruck. I think we saw enough tonight to suggest he's important to structure, more than just the ruck itself, even if he didn't set the world on fire stats-wise.

Think WHE may be the unlucky one to miss out unless we want to forego Cox as second ruck. Could easily mount a case for Ginnivan to be out and WHE to be sub or onto the bench.

To summarise I suspect only one of Ginnivan/WHE/Markov is in the 22, one is sub and one misses.

It'll be a toss up whether to keep Howe back or to play him predominantly forward on a Lever/May. It makes sense to play him on Lever but over the last few years (barring this year) we've played smart against both of them and have avoided kicking it to them.                
                  
Sounds like Nick Daicos won't be back. Once he's back that's a discussion for then (but FWIW I reckon two of Howe, Markov, Cox & WHE play, one is sub and the other misses out. Howe would every bit as good a sub as what WHE or Markov would be).

Not sure anyone could do anything in the VFL to influence their position in the side from here.

And hard to write certain ins and outs without knowing who is and isn't fit and how we want to structure up... And I always forget a player when doing a team sheet... so here goes.

FB: Quaynor, Moore, Noble
HB: Maynard, Murphy, Crisp
C: Sidebottom, Mitchell, J Daicos
HF: Adams, Mihcoek, Lipinski
FF: Elliott, McStay, Mccreery
                  
FOL: Cameron, JDG, Pendlebury
                  
INT: Howe, Ginnivan, Cox, Hill
                  
SUB: Markov

Disclaimer: The above is assuming that Moore will be fit and Nick Daicos won't be ready for the first final, as we're led to believe.

The above is also largely dependent on whether we want to stick with Cox as second ruck. I think we saw enough tonight to suggest he's important to structure, more than just the ruck itself, even if he didn't set the world on fire stats-wise.

Think WHE may be the unlucky one to miss out unless we want to forego Cox as second ruck. Could easily mount a case for Ginnivan to be out and WHE to be sub or onto the bench.

To summarise I suspect only one of Ginnivan/WHE/Markov is in the 22, one is sub and one misses.

It'll be a toss up whether to keep Howe back or to play him predominantly forward on a Lever/May. It makes sense to play him on Lever but over the last few years (barring this year) we've played smart against both of them and have avoided kicking it to them.                
                  
Sounds like Nick Daicos won't be back. Once he's back that's a discussion for then (but FWIW I reckon two of Howe, Markov, Cox & WHE play, one is sub and the other misses out. Howe would every bit as good a sub as what WHE or Markov would be).
I want Macrae to play so badly but I know he won't :(

OUT: Macrae (played well!) - Frampton - Lipinski
IN: Moore - McCreery - Murphy

FB: Maynard - Murphy - Quaynor
HB: Noble - Moore - Markov
C: Sidebottom - De Goey - J. Daicos
HF: Hill - Mihocek - McCreery
FF
: Ginnivan - McStay - Elliott
FOLL: Cameron - Pendlebury - Crisp
INT: Cox - Adams - Mitchell - Howe
SUB: Hoskin-Elliott

Two small forwards, one fwd/ruck and one defender seems like an unbalanced interchange.
However you balance the starting 18 and the bench, I think that's the best bet for the 23.

I think one of Howe, Murphy or WHE has to miss and although Howe was patchy at times tonight, suspect he gets the nod over WHE.

I'd really like Markov to be in the starting 22, he hasn't put a foot wrong but I'm not sure you could leave anyone else out and not sure anyone else fits the sub spot as well as him.

I'd love to not carry two rucks - or more accurately I'd love to not have to watch Darcy Cameron tripping over his own feet and headbutting the ball - but feels like we are too far down the path now.

However you balance the starting 18 and the bench, I think that's the best bet for the 23.

I think one of Howe, Murphy or WHE has to miss and although Howe was patchy at times tonight, suspect he gets the nod over WHE.

I'd really like Markov to be in the starting 22, he hasn't put a foot wrong but I'm not sure you could leave anyone else out and not sure anyone else fits the sub spot as well as him.
I think Markov suits the sub better than WHE, but I also think Markov is more crucial to opening up our attacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FF
FOLL: Cameron - Pendlebury - Crisp
INT: Cox - Adams - Mitchell - Howe
SUB: Hoskin-Elliott
Yep, straight forward I reckon.

With a very slight, sneaky chance of Nick coming in… I hope.

Lineball that tonight was his last game in the black and white stripes.
How is it lineball? You blokes are jumping at nonexistent shadows. Why would he leave when he looks across and sees Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams and Mitchell who could all out of the system in 2 years. He'd be well aware of his standing and opportunities going forward.

I genuinely can't see any way he leaves.

Howe saying he expects to stay back going forward. Obviously don't have to take that at face value, but that is what he said.

Maybe McCreery comes in and Howe goes back replacing Frampton. Forward line of McStay/Mihocek/Elliott/Ginni/Hill/Beau.

Moore in and Oleg sub perhaps.

Murphy in for ?

Jonathan Brown " is Nathan Murphy a lock to come back in?"

Bucks wanted to s**t in his mouth

FF