Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 20 vs. Carlton, MCG, Fri 28/07, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

checks clearance numbers since Naicos has transitioned into the midfield

Mitchell 19 v Naicos 42 🤷‍♂️

In the same time period Adams has 22, Pendles 20, De Goey even has 16 despite playing 3 of the 5 games in that block. My post was entirely accurate and his credits are why I suggested it was a watch.
To make this a fair comparison you need to assess our number of total clearance pre and post ND.
If they remain unchanged it just means ND has taken his share from our other mids. If our overall clearances are drastically up then that would indicate ND’s true impact.

And we played Freo at the G.
Talk about garbage fixturing - Collingwood vs Brisbane was always going to be a big game.
I understood that one considering there was 90k at last years semi. The one that didn’t make sense to me was GWS at the G when they finished bottom 4 last year. When we’re up the AFL need to get smarter with our 2 Etihad home games. They should be North and WC, IMO.

I see we lost a comrade over on the Carlton board. RIP. That's why I don't bother posting on other club boards. I just lurk around like a ninja.
I lost posting rights some years back for nearly two years for a chicken wing remark regarding Chris Judd. Several appeals via our mods were required to reinstate my rights which I don't think I have ever since used. Lurking is about as much as I am prepared to do on other boards.

Last edited:
I lost posting rights some years back for nearly two years back for a chicken wing remark regarding Chris Judd. Several appeals via our mods were required to reinstate my rights which I don't think I have ever since used. Lurking is about as much as I am prepared to do on other boards.
Ahh, yes, the famous chicken wing incident.
a9c056660fe42d5025fef2dbf449a6b74e971df4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m wondering if Fly and Bolton are playing some kind of weird 4D chess crap.
Against Port we use Moore as a lock down defender and start Markov as a sub. That’s 2 big rebound players out of D. We score mainly as we sling-shot and run. We also play Cox on a wet slippery night. It’s like we made it harder on ourselves, on purpose?
Is he keeping his cards close to his chest?

He shouldn’t come straight back in based on his form prior to injury and no one who he obvious replaces at this stage.
He will be selected if the coaches think his inclusion will help us win.

Macrae is contracted so I can’t see any reason why we shouldn’t. if another club wants him I doubt they will offer any trade worth taking.

He could request to leave. He's a 3rd year player who's played 2 games in the last 2 years... he can't be happy with that.

Don't see him getting many games next year either unless we have a mass midfield injury list

In first half against Port - Mitchell wasn't just quiet he was almost a liability - everytime someone gave him the ball the space closed down on him and our movement was stalled. JDG was just as bad. Don't know what was said during half time but both came out looking like different players. Before anyone goes off do youself a favour and go and watch the first half again paying close attention to these two - still trying to get my head around how bad they were in such an important game.
Jordy was sick

He could request to leave. He's a 3rd year player who's played 2 games in the last 2 years... he can't be happy with that.

Don't see him getting many games next year either unless we have a mass midfield injury list
He might back himself to break into the team, rather than wait for an injury.

While it's fine to ponder how well Hill will cope under the increased pressure of finals, I don't feel raising WHE as a possible alternative under this context would see the side improve.

WHE has his strengths but a contested beast he is not, he comes with the same limitations as Hill in this area and all you'd be doing is swapping his slightly higher production numbers for the increased scoring capacity of Hill. Both players are quick.

This is not a change I'd be making, the role of a small forward is often said to be feast or famine, Hill currently still sits 3rd on our goal kicking list and we've already relegated the guy sitting 4th in Johnson to the VFL.

If last week wasn't enough, then last seasons final series should tell you just how precious every goal can be up against the best opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back