Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 22 vs. Geelong, MCG, Fri 11/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't Camerons fault, the midfield just weren't desperate enough, we'll learn form that
Reading about Cameron's form is always a mystery bag to me. After every game I'm always a bit surprised by the reaction. Some days I read he was s**t. Other days I read he was excellent. But to my eyes he's always much the same - ok.

I thought i'd have a crack at selection.

Pretty much Murphy and N Daicos out, Frampton and The Smiling Moustache in.

B Jeremy Howe Billy Frampton Isaac Quaynor
HB Brayden Maynard Darcy Moore Oleg Markov
C Steele Sidebottom Taylor Adams Josh Daicos
HF Bobby Hill Brody Mihocek Ash Johnson
F Jamie Elliott Dan McStay Beau McCreery
R Darcy Cameron Jordan De Goey Jack Crisp
INT Tom Mitchell John Noble
Patrick Lipinski Scott Pendlebury
SUB Jack Ginnivan

I want to see more of Moore's intercepting and his beautiful kick out of the backline, Johnny ******* Noble and The Smiling Moustache taking the game on. Crisp and DeGoey slicing up the middle swatting away the opposition players, Lippas laser prosition kick into our fwd 50, Checkers brute force, Beau's tackling pressure, Billys shots on goal, Ash proving the doubters wrong. Moving in packs, moving like a Collingwood tsunami and most importantly, the fans behind them, i wanna hear that Collingwood chant, make Geelong regret making that long pain staking drive up the freeway.

One player doesn't make a team, Nick is a great player, but we play a system, one player falls, another takes his place.

Go Pies!!!

I’ve read the term loading programs numerous times now and not gonna lie I don’t know what it is and I suspect I wouldn’t be alone. Can somebody please explain like I’m 10 years old what it is exactly?
I also wonder about this. Last year we lost one game in July/August, so it didn't seem to affect us back then.

I also wonder about this. Last year we lost one game in July/August, so it didn't seem to affect us back then.
We weren't in a position to do it last year. And if we did it, I would have thought it'd be August, to ease off just before finals, not the July that everyone is saying.

Hopefully we throw the next 5, I'm hearing pick 15 is a ripper.
That’s the first time I’ve heard that the top side after round 21 should tank for the rest of the season for draft picks.You do read some funny things here.😳

Edit.That’s in response to the other poster you were quoting,not what you said.

Agreed - can't recall if it was Kingy or one of the other Fox pundits that said it, but we now have an opportunity to become "unpredictable", Nick isn't the only superstar in our team, but he's the one we've leaned on the most this year and with him now out there is a chance for others to step up and spread the load. You can either call me naïve or optimistic but I think there's a silver lining to the current form slump and the injuries (as much ND/NM will be missed), but we now have a chance to change things up again - and throw a different Collingwood side at opponents that we mightn't normally have prior to the weekends events.

Can we throw a Crisp or Maynard into the middle and swing a few players around the back half, or sit De Goey deep i50 for a burst and use a combo of Beau and Elliott through the middle to get speed on the game? We could have a look at getting Bobby up on a wing to use his wheels, and send Jdaicos/ Steele (a very good front/center player himself) to spend some time at the feet of Mcstay/checkers for a different set up i50? There's a bunch of avenues we can look at and throw at opposition teams - no need for the doom and gloom some are forecasting just yet!

Fantastic post. Some people find it easier to go the negative route and that's to write the season off.

It's been 2 games, and we've been poor in both losses. I'd be more worried if we were getting beaten but playing really well. You don't get to 16-4 and 2 games clear by accident. Have we played consistently amazing footy? No way, but overall we've been the best side of the season to date.

You've thrown up some great positional moves and the one thing i know is certain, Fly is going to love tapping into the psyche of the players this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football mythology used by coaches (and supporters) to gloss over form slumps?

Avid training watcher Jen says that she hasn’t noticed any changes. So unless it’s happening indoors, or under the cover of darkness……

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The extra work would be getting done indoors, not in the open for all to witness.

The extra work would be getting done indoors, not in the open for all to witness.
Exactly mate. Loads of work gets done indoors.
Not just weight work either.
Skipping rope, boxing and many other taxing fitness work.

One more win may be just enough to make sure we get one of Port or Lions at the MCG in our first final.
We dropped some percentage on the weekend so might need to be two wins unless Port and Dees lose one.
We could play two finals against interstate sides if things go the way of the current ladder. Please don’t stuff this up.

I don’t know why all the Collingwood supporters are so down on their outlook. Josh Daicos injury is bad luck but he’s only one player…..

… oh it’s Nick. The good one. Season’s over!

A more balanced perspective for all of the pessimists out there.

There's six categories in which every single premier of the past 10 has ranked top six - points against, points against from turnovers, opposition points from the forward half, defensive to forward 50 transition, inside 50 differential, and time in forward half differential

Before the Hawthorn game, Collingwood was still ranked first, first, second, fifth, fifth and ninth respectively in those categories. Perhaps those continued strengths are even more important to their flag chances than those currently on the nose.

That's a concern though isn't it Rohan?

We're currently top 6 in only 5 categories and if teams continue to curb our ability to transition and get the ball inside our F50 then the areas where we currently sit 5th, 5th and 9th are only going to get worse.

If we manage to get our transition game going again then we still need to address our issue of forward half retention.

That's been average long before these past 2 weeks IMO.

Need to start generating more stoppages inside our F50 and apply improved pressure to slow down the transition of our opposition.

I suppose it would be ok to miss out on pick 15 if we win our last 3 games of the year
We’ve only won 16 games this season, we’ve lost 4 games ffs! 4! No other team has lost that many! It’s a joke! We are a shambles! We are no chance of winning anymore! None. Zero! Kaput!

North Melb are 1 win 1 loss the past 2 weeks. We are 0/2. It’s time I follow a team like north who’s can atleast win games!

I agree with gimpy. I’ve *en had it man!

Oh and mr I skip leg day jathanas, pineapple on pizza is far better than this club sitting 1st on the ladder! Pfft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back