Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - QF vs. Melbourne, MCG, Thurs 07/09, 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron really has to step up and improve his work rate around the ground. But I would prefer Cox in as many centre bounces against Gawn as he can he generally plays well against Gawn and is a better tap ruckman than Cameron.

Dees don’t really have a super tall Key forward so need our midfield to keep the heat and apply the pressure on their mids. Viney, Trac and Oliver are clearance beasts but love the no look long and high kicks which we expect Moore, IQ and co to pick them off in the air.

Like others mentioned, keep the ball low bringing it inside 50 against May and Lever. I remember Rd 21 last year when we defeated them those 2 didn’t not have an intercept mark in our forward 50 all night. We were awesome that night.
Nice work.

No way Markov is an out. Probably Lipinski too. Can't see this happening.
Frampton perhaps yes.
I kept Markov in the team, but if he is not omitted, then Lipinski has to be next in line. Frampton is surely the first omission given his ordinary effort against Essendon, Melbourne's lack of tall forwards, and Moore and Murphy returning to our side. 3 players are going to lose their spot - that's certain.

If we bring kreueger in get a wheel chair ready. He could explode and do anything. A wild card player. He could also completely fk everything up.
Yep, bringing Kreuger in would be close to insanity. He has had virtually no AFL time this year, mainly because he has been injured too much to do so. I could only envisage Kreugs coming in if we lost Cox, Cameron and Frampton to injury. You don't play russian roulette in a finals series, unless you have to.

Do people expect all of Elliott, Adams, Ginnivan, Hill and McCreery to start? I don't, especially if Howe is tipped to play predominantly forward. Ginnivan was sensational against Essendon, but I tip he will be the sub against Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron really has to step up and improve his work rate around the ground. But I would prefer Cox in as many centre bounces against Gawn as he can he generally plays well against Gawn and is a better tap ruckman than Cameron.

Dees don’t really have a super tall Key forward so need our midfield to keep the heat and apply the pressure on their mids. Viney, Trac and Oliver are clearance beasts but love the no look long and high kicks which we expect Moore, IQ and co to pick them off in the air.

Like others mentioned, keep the ball low bringing it inside 50 against May and Lever. I remember Rd 21 last year when we defeated them those 2 did not have an intercept mark in our forward 50 all night. We were awesome that night.
I'm all for quality entries we also just need to get enough entries. 40 or so won't cut it.

Any one hear Gary lyon say carltons stats last 2 games are a worry and their form a concern. Johnson Brown and buckley agreeing. Turned it off to rewatch the livrpool goals.
So your taking the piss out of us epping liners
Yes. I did hear that. In the last 6 weeks :
Points from turnovers - 18th
Points against from turnovers - 15th
Points differential from turnovers - 17th

Did anyone watch first crack? I felt like david king started back peddling on his recent alarmist stuff he was saying about us. "Mcrae is right, it's a whole new season the finals..."
He was backtracking this morning on SEN too.

Do people expect all of Elliott, Adams, Ginnivan, Hill and McCreery to start? I don't, especially if Howe is tipped to play predominantly forward. Ginnivan was sensational against Essendon, but I tip he will be the sub against Melbourne.

Agree, Ginn will be the out as harsh as some will think on this forum

Moore Murphy both a lock, McCreery might not make it if they think Ginn the better option

Wouldn’t mine seeing Elliott as a mid as well to throw things around

Loves to see Krueger get a go, reckon Dees wouldn’t expect that

Howe goes back

Cameron out with Frampton second ruck

Just flicked on On the Couch, opens with Gary Lyon saying we're playing the "in form Demons" and Jono Brown's first words are "if results go a certain way, we could have a Collingwood vs Carlton final in the second week" 😂😂😂 really setting the tone for a good episode. Could probably just turn it off now.

Agree, Ginn will be the out as harsh as some will think on this forum

Moore Murphy both a lock, McCreery might not make it if they think Ginn the better option

Wouldn’t mine seeing Elliott as a mid as well to throw things around

Loves to see Krueger get a go, reckon Dees wouldn’t expect that

Howe goes back

Cameron out with Frampton second ruck
We definitely want Cameron rucking over Frampton if we're going with two rucks. The Lynch game aside, I think Frampton has proven to not be at the required level to play back. High pressure finals won't help him.

The alternative sub selection to one of the small forwards is Cox - with the intention to bring him on in the second half to give us a fresh ruck to put pressure on Gawn. The risk though is that for the first half, McStay will need to chop out, which favours May and Lever signifcantly.

Just flicked on On the Couch, opens with Gary Lyon saying we're playing the "in form Demons" and Jono Brown's first words are "if results go a certain way, we could have a Collingwood vs Carlton final in the second week" 😂😂😂 really setting the tone for a good episode. Could probably just turn it off now.
Two morons who shouldn’t have a job if this country had any standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back