Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - QF vs. Melbourne, MCG, Thurs 07/09, 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane Cornes is again campaigning for Cox to be dropped on Footy Classified tonight. He really has a chip on his shoulder.
Once again Cornes demonstrates that he is the laziest of commentators. Cherrypicks his examples then refuses to budge when proven wrong or challenged. All while defending an underperformer in Cameron. And the idea McStay can ruck is just farcical.

Easy to see why Cornes never became a coach, probably because he'd be even more useless than his old man.

Congratulations,my Collingwood brother. Time to stop worrying about things that don’t matter. Enjoy life, family and friends. If you get bored and you’re OK financially do some volunteering helping others who are struggling, you would be amazed how enjoyable it is. I’ve been doing a day or 2 per week for the last 5 or so years. The thing about volunteering is, if you’re not happy there you can always just leave. That’s FREEDOM. Cheers and congrats again.
Thanks, good advice.

Good luck with it all mate.
I retired very early on at 54 years of age. After a few years I got bored and working again now.
Only around 30 hours per week.
Enjoy
Thanks FJ. The plan is to buy a place in Thailand and spend the Oz Winter there, most likely East of BKK near the border with Cambodia. might get over your side for a visit.

I'll be extremely disappointed if they opt for Lipinski over Hoskin-Elliott given our plethora of forward options. You'll never see Lipinski get back and do things like this

I'm not advocating for Lipinski to be dropped but WHE is probably one our most underrated players. His gut-running and ability to provide options - many times unrewarded - is phenominal and we are a better side when he is in the starting 22.
Late in the game, when the whips are cracking, is precisely when WHE comes into his own.

Saw that and Lol’d. Legit spoke about every other team and that’s all we got. Quality.
The commentators don't know what to say about us now .. they spent all year telling everyone how to beat us, talked about how good we were through gritted teeth, we then secure top spot and have nothing to play for and seemingly drop off in intensity...they talk about all the other clubs not needing to win games as their spots are secured, but it's hypocritical for them to say the opposite about us, as much as they have tried. So now they're just not talking about us..which I'm sure suits Fly just fine.

Let's hope Fly has just been too clever for all of them and they're all eating their words by the end of September 🙏

Should WHE be the sub, even though he suddenly bobs up at moments to save us, and plays a ghost like role (invisible to all those who aren't kindred spirits, but nevertheless valued by the coaches clearly).

Love this description of WHE - ‘ghost like’. I never notice him until he does something, and that something is often very effective.

Just flicked on On the Couch, opens with Gary Lyon saying we're playing the "in form Demons" and Jono Brown's first words are "if results go a certain way, we could have a Collingwood vs Carlton final in the second week" 😂😂😂 really setting the tone for a good episode. Could probably just turn it off now.
It was unprofessional, IMO. I get it if you ain’t us you hate us, but we’ve just won the minor premiership and the only comments were on how tantalising a Collingwood v Carlton SF would be. Zero analysis on us whilst there was a deep dive into our opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not advocating for Lipinski to be dropped but WHE is probably one our most underrated players. His gut-running and ability to provide options - many times unrewarded - is phenominal and we are a better side when he is in the starting 22.
Late in the game, when the whips are cracking, is precisely when WHE comes into his own.
He was our best defender v Essendon and the only one that looked capable of curbing Langford. His ability to close space was a throwback to what we were doing early season. I think Rd 24 locked him in as best 23 in defense at least until Naicos is back.

Saw that and Lol’d. Legit spoke about every other team and that’s all we got. Quality.

Lyon said we and Port will be covered in next week’s episode. So he did explain why the minor premiers were barely mentioned.

But I was still seething.😡

Agree, Ginn will be the out as harsh as some will think on this forum

Moore Murphy both a lock, McCreery might not make it if they think Ginn the better option

Wouldn’t mine seeing Elliott as a mid as well to throw things around

Loves to see Krueger get a go, reckon Dees wouldn’t expect that

Howe goes back

Cameron out with Frampton second ruck
Mcreey pressure is elite - he is a lock

Thanks FJ. The plan is to buy a place in Thailand and spend the Oz Winter there, most likely East of BKK near the border with Cambodia. might get over your side for a visit.
Do you have a Thai wife? It's hot and too dry during most of our winter there. I was in the mountains and Bangkok and the rains never came, the days were hot and humid, and you'd long for the clouds to cover up the sun for some relief. Why do you pick the Cambodia border region? I am going to do similar, except I am going to rent rather than buy. The best time to go is during our summer but it happens to be the best time here - although no footy then sucks much of my interest in the place.

Which 3 do you advocate being dropped? It's one thing to say who you don't want to go or you don't want to nominate any omissions, but selectors meetings would never end if this was their style of thinking too.

kind agrree , maybe not so strongly, but Kreuger an barely keep his feet , never seen and AFL player fall over so much , balance problems from too many injuries?
He dished out two effective handballs off the ground and looked quite comfortable down there. He marked strongly and kicked truly at goal.

Do you have a Thai wife? It's hot and too dry during most of our winter there. I was in the mountains and Bangkok and the rains never came, the days were hot and humid, and you'd long for the clouds to cover up the sun for some relief. Why do you pick the Cambodia border region? I am going to do similar, except I am going to rent rather than buy. The best time to go is during our summer but it happens to be the best time here - although no footy then sucks much of my interest in the place.
My wife has her Thai citizenship still and the area is where her family live.

My only real worry for this game is the potential to get smashed at centre bounce............... I think our centre square mids need a ruckman that's prepared to jump off the ground and compete and has a plan when he gets his hands to the ball. Cameron usually does neither and I worry we might wait until its too late if Cameron starts there.

I think our coaches will have good plans for the rest of the ground but this area seems to not bother them as much as it should (IMO)

Have we actually been that bad in the center clearances outside of the period where JDG was suspended and then Mitchell was playing on one leg? Mitchell seems to have some good drive back in his legs the last week or two. He is huge not only in his own role but for what Pendlebury and JDG do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back