Review Cats ground Bombers by 77 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else wondered how Blitz would go if we played him forward for a whole game, or is it just me?

Just you. Once they introduced the 3rd man up rule around 2016, it's taken them years to work out how to use him best.

I know you're not saying to do it but you don't mess with what's working.

I started a thread on here a few years ago questioning the direction the club was headed when you had an obviously limited footballer being a 2 time b&f winner. It wasn't a crack at Blitz but just an observation.

Now that they've worked him out, he is being used to his strengths and while not the most talented and skilled, he is as important, if not more than any player in our club and if he were to go down I'd go as far to say we can't win the flag this year

While I loved the smashing our mids gave them, have to say the way our small forwards worked was the highlight for me. Close, Miers, and Stengle all had "boy oh boy wowee" moments throughout and top-shelf performances.

Honourable mention for moment of the week was the noise coming out of the Bombers camp that "they learned from the last game"... only to be blown away in the first quarter - again.

I had pretty much lost hope for this year.
While it’s still a pretty tough ask, that performance could be the spark.
Ruthless high pressure football.
Can’t believe I’m saying this but we look fit and strong.
Brisbane will be nervous watching that.
I'm hoping the case next week against the Lions is It's not who you play but when you play us.

Only saw snatches but pretty comprehensive. Jack Bowes does things consistently that not a lot of other guys can do, you can see why they were so excited about picking him up. If he can add a bit more to his game he’ll be an outstanding player.

didnt get the pretender result you wanted this week so pushing to next week?

Keep searching for it... you'll get it eventually.

GO Catters

Didn't you realise that the only matches which count as "real matches" are those when we lose - if we win it's simply due to the opposition not being up to scratch & thus it doesn't count

Only saw snatches but pretty comprehensive. Jack Bowes does things consistently that not a lot of other guys can do, you can see why they were so excited about picking him up. If he can add a bit more to his game he’ll be an outstanding player.
Bowes was really clean last night. He’s not quick but always plays with plenty of time and space. He will be hard to dislodge from the team on last nights game.

Only 4 players had more clearances and 5 had more contested possessions. Seemed like he was still at or around congestion plenty.

Holmes still attended 4 centre bounces but no centre clearances - he did his clearance work damage around the ground at stoppage clearances, and at times this year I think that's where we've been found wanting & the opposition has sometimes found it a little too easy to clear the ball in those situations

If we have someone like Max getting the clearances at stoppages around the ground, and in a position where he can use his pace to break away from the contest - then that's a win for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the only role in which he’s struggled at all in the past, especially goal kicking and positioning, but has been a weapon and target forward at times this year. Seems to always get marks heading into the left pocket and snaps around corner on left foot. I assume it’s a result of him working hard to get in behind from midfield and his opponents trailing him in for endurance. What an asset!
Blitz is a certified living wonder of the football universe. Whenever I stop to think of what he does for a second my mind explodes.

Holmes still attended 4 centre bounces but no centre clearances - he did his clearance work damage around the ground at stoppage clearances, and at times this year I think that's where we've been found wanting & the opposition has sometimes found it a little too easy to clear the ball in those situations

If we have someone like Max getting the clearances at stoppages around the ground, and in a position where he can use his pace to break away from the contest - then that's a win for us
Yeah that's how it seemed to me too, that he was providing that extra man at round the ground stoppages. Whether that is as a winger or midfielder it seems to be his go and our players will continue to look to release to him. J.Daicos is a wingman at Collingwood but really it's difficult to decipher from a midfielder. He's often high in clearances anyway.

From the Collingwood board -

“The game sure is umpired differently in Geelong”

Lol what!?
That’s tremendous. I’ve been to plenty of Pies games as a neutral and literally EVERY game they bronx cheer “finally” getting a free. Silver-spoon whiners with a perpetual victim complex.

Last night’s display was great and has me excited for next week. Big challenge but our draw ahead is a blessing and a curse beca if we make the finals it means we’ve beaten a lot of good clubs in the run home.

Any chance Jeremy Cameron is back in the side next week?

Not many come back in now - certainly not Esava after watching Jack Henry last night. Why Scott keeps bringing him up is beyond me.

Bowes has gone ahead of Bews.

Tuohy has been very good lately so I expect him to return.

Ling keeps going on about Simpson but he's a long way behind the group who played mid/wing last night. Even Cam Guthrie will be lucky to return given the nature of his injury and his time out.

Not many come back in now - certainly not Esava after watching Jack Henry last night. Why Scott keeps bringing him up is beyond me.

Bowes has gone ahead of Bews.

Tuohy has been very good lately so I expect him to return.

Ling keeps going on about Simpson but he's a long way behind the group who played mid/wing last night. Even Cam Guthrie will be lucky to return given the nature of his injury and his time out.

Because he has needed to. We haven’t had all our defenders available basically all season

Blitz is a certified living wonder of the football universe. Whenever I stop to think of what he does for a second my mind explodes.
lol. He is literally in the best form of his career right now. His past month is an outlier.

And while playing well he is hardly dominating. Probably in the 4-6 best players on the ground last night.

he is far more athletic then j.henry though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back