No Oppo Supporters RND 24: Thank * It’s Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Trolls will not be tolerated

Looney Tunes Explosion GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Thought so and that there is basically why I hope we let him walk.

Not because it was Walla (Though this does admittedly, intensify the emotion). It was evidence of what many suspect. That Parish is more often is a relatively low foot IQ stat padder.

I know I'm being dramatic here, to isolate a silly moment in the 4th, but Parish shouldn't be trying to steal a mark. He should be getting in a position to assist keep the ball in the 50 and back his leading forward. I know that's hard when 90% of the time there is literally only Langford making leads.

Now you could certainly argue he didn't see Walla on the lead.. but that just proves his lack of awareness and it's why so often the opposition can play off him. He gives up so many quality clearances to his direct opponent that it render his... lets face it, mostly slow and ineffective clearances, useless.
Can't argue with that. One of those players who gets his 30 possessions but is nowhere near the best on on the ground. Media look at the stats the morning after and say yeah Parish with another solid performance

Even though it was a trainwreck I still love watching both team's players showing affection and mutual respect for each other after the match.

Its like there is a general appreciation from all the players of how much work and sacrifice it takes to play at the level.

Seeing players who are mortal enemies on the field embrace and have a good convo after the match is a great part of our game I reckon.

When Harry Met Sally Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Not even mad, as I really don't think I give a s**t about the club anymore.

We aren't a serious football club

Typical end of a season, players not caring. The club will go silent during finals and then we'll let Parish go and start some puff pieces on what a good oppurtunity it is going to the draft with early picks. Then we'll draft some skinny flankers who can't kick but pretend they were always going top of the draft. We'll release some photo's of players training in summer and how it's the hardest pre-season they have ever done, then the season will start the season and the circle of bullshit will continue.

It's all just so predictable
This is spot on.
The only similarity between us and Collingwood is that we play in the same comp.
We are miles away from a good football team.

Merrett on 7 just now.

Looked shattered. Clearly had been crying.

Sounds like it was a heated team meeting post game.

Said the team is mediocre and needs to make some hard decisions in the next few days.

Link

Have a lot of time for Merrett but spare us the words and show us the actions. If this club is sick of ending its season in August then do something about it.

Merrett on 7 just now.

Said the team is mediocre and needs to make some hard decisions in the next few days.

Link

I don’t think he’d been crying, he looks like that when he’s tired at the end of games.

Interesting comments about it being player driven though. Players are angry at themselves and determined to get better, moreso than coaches screaming at them.

Have a lot of time for Merrett but spare us the words and show us the actions. If this club is sick of ending its season in August then do something about it.

Eh, Merrett does.
Anyone is kidding themselves if they’re questioning Merrett’s efforts and actions, tonight or this year.

Issue is they are few are far between on our list.

Merrett on 7 just now.

Link

Two decades of shit and my patience has ran out Zach. It's all good to talk the talk but I don't wanna ****ing hear it, I wanna see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would offer Hirdy the list management job.
Parachuting in an Essendon person is part of the reason we're a lost and unprofessional club.

It doesn't diminish the club's culture to actually hire someone on their demonstrable merit and experience by engaging in a genuine process.

...unless it's Kinnear Beatson or Stephen Wells.

Not even mad, as I really don't think I give a s**t about the club anymore.

We aren't a serious football club

Typical end of a season, players not caring. The club will go silent during finals and then we'll let Parish go and start some puff pieces on what a good oppurtunity it is going to the draft with early picks. Then we'll draft some skinny flankers who can't kick but pretend they were always going top of the draft. We'll release some photo's of players training in summer and how it's the hardest pre-season they have ever done, then the season will start the season and the circle of bullshit will continue.

It's all just so predictable

This post is so bang on...

I actually start getting quite pissed off these days everytime I see any fluff social media pieces on my platforms from the club. The thing that weirds me out mostly though is some of the mindless support it still gets from a large amount of supporters.

Absolutely baffling.

It's all fluff. At the end of the day they're all mates, as if they're going to be the one's putting the hard word on each other

Merrett on 7 just now.

Link

Refreshing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back