Preview Changes and Preview Brisbane vs Ports @ Gabba, qualifying final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox footy - 16 media "expert" predictions. Not one has us even making the GF, and 4 have predicted we will go out in straight sets.

This is the backs against the wall, underdog environment, the Port Adelaide of old thrived in.

This is a new team led by young and confident top 5 players in the comp in Butters and Rozee, plus a second year star in the making in JHF. I doubt they'll be consumed by what has happened in the past, i think they will be wanting to show themselves off on the big stage and really announce themselves as the real deal.

Get ready for a Western Bulldogs Prelim style meltdown. Hope I'm wrong because we have the capacity to win if Hinkley stays out of the way and we can break the tags that will come our way. Nobody has tried it because they've been waiting for finals.
I expect them to come hard at our mids. Story on news re their plans to tag/ rough up our mids. If McInerny gets on top of Lycett it could get ugly.
But our mids always get tagged. Butters/ Jhf are worn like a glove every week & Rozee will be way too fast for Dunkley.

This is the backs against the wall, underdog environment, the Port Adelaide of old thrived in.

This is so wrong lol, you've been listening to David too much.

You reckon tht Timmy G, Jack Cahill, the a Williams Family, The Ebert family

Didnt enjoy everyone not rating them (on the odd occasion) that it happened

heck me you've gone off the deep end

* me you've gone off the deep end

(on the odd occassion), not part of our very identity.

I said the Port Adelaide of old, from what i remember as a young kid going to SANFL GF's in the 90's is that we were quite often the underdog and won. It definitely appeared to me that we thrived under that winning against the odds environment.

We even took that it to a first few seasons of the AFL, punching above our weight, even the 2004 we were paying around $2.75 for the win.

* me you've gone off the deep end
100% that is how it used to be, Jack would find anything negative in the press leading up to a big game and use it to fire up the players.

I said the Port Adelaide of old, from what i remember as a young kid going to SANFL GF's in the 90's is that we were quite often the underdog and won. It definitely appeared to me that we thrived under that winning against the odds environment.

We even took that it to a first few seasons of the AFL, punching above our weight, even the 2004 we were paying around $2.75 for the win.
Yep 1994 Grand Final was one of those years, everyone had WWT winning the flag, they had won the minor premiership 3 game’s clear of us and it was just a matter of them turning up.
It didn’t quite work out that way 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane have a good midfield, dangerous forward line, strong tall defense and competitive ruck. We have a good midfield but are deficient in every other area, with a comfy Ken holding the reigns. I can't help but think those expressing confidence that we'll win are completely delusional.

Brisbane have a good midfield, dangerous forward line, strong tall defense and competitive ruck. We have a good midfield but are deficient in every other area, with a comfy Ken holding the reigns. I can't help but think those expressing confidence that we'll win are completely delusional.
I know it was first game of the year but the way you put it there is no
way we get within a mile of Brisbane but we beat them by 9 goals yes 9 goals not 9 points this year.
You need to tuck in that Crows jumper your wearing.

I think Brisbane are deservedly favourites, but we beat them comfortably in rnd 1 with them at full strength so it's not like they're invincible

I think mid's and offensively we match up, defence is our big weakness and where they may get us.

I'm genuinely quite surprised that no one is giving us a chance. Brisbane's form of late hasn't exactly set the world on fire, and let's not forget we beat GWS, the form team of the comp, by 10 goals a couple of rounds ago. I get our defense has been leaky but we know from pre-bye times that we have the ability to tighten up, especially with Mckenzie coming back into the side.

Don't get me wrong, I think Brisbane absolutely deserve to be favourites, but I also think people are being way too dismissive of our chances. As we showed during the Collingwood game, we can match it with the best when we need to. And I can't help but think that Butters and Rozee will feel they've absolutely got a point to prove.

Can't help but disagree that we are deficient in every other area. Without doubt I would back our small defenders and half backs against theirs. Burton's last 4 out of 5 games have been good and he can legitimately play on talls and smalls. We have the AA Dan Houston. Then we have Bergmann, Williams and Jones who if they bring their best game are all quite formidable. I'd back them against the Brisbane small defenders and half backs every day. Remembering they will be without Rich as they have been for most of the year.

Our forward line is generally ok. We let ourselves down badly in GA% across the board. We will miss Dixon, although to a lesser degree they will miss Gunston.

Fox footy - 16 media "expert" predictions. Not one has us even making the GF, and 4 have predicted we will go out in straight sets.

This is a new team led by young and confident top 5 players in the comp in Butters and Rozee, plus a second year star in the making in JHF. I doubt they'll be consumed by what has happened in the past, i think they will be wanting to show themselves off on the big stage and really announce themselves as the real deal.
The same media experts who demanded we re-sign Hinkley because that was our best chance of winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back