Review Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was Ryan Lester’s career best game. He was phenomenal! He took 9 marks for the game, one behind Coleman who took 10 and there were some great intercept marks in his 9. Lester’s tackling and work when the ball was on the deck was great and his second quarter goal was a massive team lifter.

It was also Kiddy Coleman’s greatest game. He showed intelligence and poise as he turned defence into attack with his sublime intercept marking and passes that were aggressive and split Carlton open.

Oscar McInerney also made a powerful contribution to our win.

Dunkley and Neale were fantastic also.

A massive team effort.

Last edited:

Gardiner is one of the original players who went through the dark days. He deserves to retain his spot. Killed Curnow tonight. The entire back line was superb tonight. Coleman the modern day Chrissy Johnson. McKenna with such great run and skills. Wilmot after a shaky start was good. Harris Andrews was immense. Especially early when we were under the pump. But special mention to one and only Foggy Lester. He has been simply brilliant week in week out. Best thing Fagan has done this year was get him into the side.

Have to say Callum Ah Chee is one of those players who just pops up and does something important and so valuable for our side.

Back in Nerang.

On cloud nine.

To come back from a 5 goal to zip start showed so much bravery. To close it out showed maturity.

We’ve grown so much.

Lol.

That was a blatant free every day of the week. To McKay.

But overall Carlton got gifted early by the umps. The travel call on Berry was 50/50 and we dismantled after that. Who knows if we had've got the first goal how the game might have transpired.
Didn’t use his arms and hit the ball.
It was a free kick everyday of the week to Andrews before that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Dev did some very good things tonight, busted a gut to get to multiple contests as per usual, took a fantastic contested mark in the D50 at a vital time at one stage.
I can’t remember who kicked it to him but that was a total hospital kick.
I thought Dev was really important early in the game. He, along with the backline were the reason why Carlton and the umps didn’t have us down by 8-9 goals.

No, you need a sub who could do the job if we get an early bad injury... I think it will be Lyons.
I thought it was interesting how long they waited to make the sub and put Lyons on. It was like they weren’t sure where to put him or who he could replace until there wasn’t realistically enough time for Carlton to make comeback.

Back