Review Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at all these opposition supporter campaigners dropping in here trying to enjoy OUR win 😂

Seriously though, ******* awesome.

Andrews first quarter was simply unbelievable, and there's few players I enjoy watching more than Coleman.

Good luck next week! Enjoy it.

So stoked with how far the sport has come in this state in the last few years. That I was at a pub and they didn't flick over to the Broncos game until after the siren says so much.

Enjoyed hearing a Blues supporter say that he was going to barrack for Collingwood next week because we robbed them, only for about a dozen other Blues supporters to turn on him! I think the world will be barracking for the Lions next week.
I had a Carlton lass screeching that they were the better team and it's only because we have every second game at home. I tried pointing out the amount of 'away' games they could get a taxi to, but apparently I was the f*head and they were the better team 😂

Carlton were brave, strong, honesthearted and played each one like the superstars they inherently were ... oh wait what do you mean they lost???? Not that the commentary annoyed me or anything...d
ok actually it did ... a lot ... except that I am kind of used to it ... so it is more of a low level toothache not a screaming nerve

Well done boys ... from the moment Eric kicked the first goal (and we know that was not an automatic expectation) I knew we were on the road back and beyond to victory (ok maybe a few nerves in the 3-6 min remaining mark)!

As usual we felt that the umpiring was biased against us (and since that is a universal feeling ducked over the Carlton autopsy thread to see their thoughts ... hmm ... nothing about the umpiring at all so seems that they were happy with it (probably a bad sign!) and I appreciated the discussion in the lead up to the game re them not being actively biased corrupt etc but I do have trouble getting my head around how the inconsistencies within the game are able to be predicted prior to the first bounce with a fair degree of accuracy...

At the begining of the season my pass mark was making the GF ... so 'mission accomplished' ... now don't make me have a goal next year of 'win a GF' ... I want my goal next year to be 'go back to back!"

11dbf840d9322ae0bb414d1687e70e9c.jpg

Sat above Robbo, was wearing both jumpers and swapped every time the lead changed LMAO - he was wearing the lions jumper pre game though so I think we know who he was really supporting.

Captains bar was absolutely mint btw, worth $70 to just not have to stand in line for anything ever. Only downside was being embedded in the Carlton fan section, but hopefully we made a dent on noise

Best part about that was watching the Carlton flogs up and about in the first quarter.

Giving those same flogs who they support a 5 goal head start and peeling them back, knowing they all paid a fortune for the experience. Enjoy the flight back guys.

Special mention to the 2 in front.

Yeah we were balls deep in the Carlton members section, had a lot of fun towards the end is all I’ll say lol

When you watch this incident again you watch cripps have a look when he was in the air to grab the ball and its the first time i can say this about cripps but he fumbled and packed himself. He knew what was coming.
Good,I hope it hurt .

Carlton getting a bit of love here, yes they come from a long way back from start of the year (self inflicted mind you), I for one enjoyed that so much more because they were on they were on the receiving end. I despise the ‘baggers’, sorry too damped the mood😂

The one footy conundrum to come out of the game was to watch an ungainly player like McInerny go back and slot 2 clutch goals and a professional forward like Charlie never look like putting any set shots through , didn't seem happy in taking them.

Next week only kick it to Charlie when he's on the run . When he has time to think about it he looks stressed.

Carlton getting a bit of love here, yes they come from a long way back from start of the year (self inflicted mind you), I for one enjoyed that so much more because they were on they were on the receiving end. I despise the ‘baggers’, sorry too damped the mood😂
The good thing is they now think they're a great team.

Rude awakening next year is likely.

I’d drop Lincoln for intercepting that Dizzy goal and bring in Matho.

Man, McCarthy was immense tonight too, but f*ck that was a dog act hahaha

To be honest though I think it was the right move. We’d just sprayed like what, 4-5 shots in a row with a few posters included? We needed a goal, he had the right idea to make sure it was a guaranteed goal

To be honest though I think it was the right move. We’d just sprayed like what, 4-5 shots in a row with a few posters included? We needed a goal, he had the right idea to make sure it was a guaranteed goal
McCarthy's a very smart player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did burn and extra 30 seconds though, so I'll allow it

Stealing the goal was a better move. Took 30 seconds off the clock at an important time.

How’s the review saying the ball hit Acres because his hair moved - he was jumping in the air

That made me angry. I’ll preface by saying I think it did actually hit his hair, because Acres instantly said it did and didn’t try and claim he’d touched it with his hands (which were also close).

BUT you couldn’t see s**t on the replay, certainly not enough to overturn it.

Back