Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LANCE COLLARD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Buddy’s family is moving to Melbourne in the new year. From what my very reliable source at the club tells me, St Kilda had zeroed in on him as their first pick because they expected Wilson to be long gone as he was one of the ‘elite 8’ in this draft. So the Saints had done a lot of background work regarding pastoral care for the young fellow.

Shock horror and excitement when Wilson was available at the Saints first pick. To get Buddy at 28 was amazing. The Saints also really liked Phoenix Gothard at pick 28, which would have been a bolster until GWS went bang at pick 12 or whatever he was.

Footnote: It was funny to read stavro#4 saying the Saints under no circumstances wanted him, then when he was drafted Stavro was proud of the club, 😂
Appreciate you coming on to our forum but no need for the cheap shot on one of our better posters. I am in a regular PM with him and in all our discussions between about ten of us (more than your entire fake supporter group) he mentioned Collard only twice when he said he was a real boom/bust, and then when we took him said he was next best available.

So thanks for the info but keep your sniping to your own forum chief.

Young Buddy’s family is moving to Melbourne in the new year. From what my very reliable source at the club tells me, St Kilda had zeroed in on him as their first pick because they expected Wilson to be long gone as he was one of the ‘elite 8’ in this draft. So the Saints had done a lot of background work regarding pastoral care for the young fellow.

Shock horror and excitement when Wilson was available at the Saints first pick. To get Buddy at 28 was amazing. The Saints also really liked Phoenix Gothard at pick 28, which would have been a bolster until GWS went bang at pick 12 or whatever he was.

Footnote: It was funny to read stavro#4 saying the Saints under no circumstances wanted him, then when he was drafted Stavro was proud of the club, 😂
Do you know if the Elite 8 included the Academy players or Elite 8 outside of this? So like elite available 8?

Appreciate you coming on to our forum but no need for the cheap shot on one of our better posters. I am in a regular PM with him and in all our discussions between about ten of us (more than your entire fake supporter group) he mentioned Collard only twice when he said he was a real boom/bust, and then when we took him said he was next best available.

I assume from the bitterness and faux, well-wishes WC and Dockers' supporters have posted about our selection of Lance, that he must be an absolute beauty. Well done sainters! WC and Freo can drown in their own tears. 😩

Just seen this.

Where did I say the saints didn’t want collard? I’ve genuinely gone back and searched my posts.

I believe I know which post you are referring too and it isn’t mine. So feel free to apologise

Thanks for your update.

Finally the penny has dropped with supporting new kids and their families. It gives members confidence that our club is now giving these kids and themselves the best chance to suceed. I love reading how much our player development and support has improved in recent years.

Hopefully we have recruited the next Charlie Cameron/Shai Bolton in Lance and he has a long and sucessful career with the club! I think he will become an absolute excitement machine and the type of player that brings thousands to games to watch him play.

Thanks for your update.

Finally the penny has dropped with supporting new kids and their families. It gives members confidence that our club is now giving these kids and themselves the best chance to suceed. I love reading how much our player development and support has improved in recent years.

Hopefully we have recruited the next Charlie Cameron/Shai Bolton in Lance and he has a long and sucessful career with the club! I think he will become an absolute excitement machine and the type of player that brings thousands to games to watch him play.
Yeah reminds me of Shai Bolton too. Turn a game on its head energy, with the ability to become a POD in the midfield.

What happens if the family get homesick?
Legitimate question I reckon. Connection to country is all so important, and moving them halfway across the continental country and away from their country might be creating more of an issue than it solves. Think there will still need to be meaningful and physical connection on somewhat of an ongoing basis, depending on what that looks like for the individual or family.

Legitimate question I reckon. Connection to country is all so important, and moving them halfway across the continental country and away from their country might be creating more of an issue than it solves. Think there will still need to be meaningful and physical connection on somewhat of an ongoing basis, depending on what that looks like for the individual or family.
It is a legitimate question, you’re right.
You’d think that at some stage the family would need to return.
What that looks like, and how it is managed, is beyond my pay grade.

#Joffaboy4Mod

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bosum, haha, makes me want to go over and spend my free time there.....sounds comforting.
If you want that sort of comfort you’re in the exact place you need to be.

Saints Big Footy is awash with bosoms.

Considerable investment.

I hope he makes Shai Bolton look bog average.

Shai Bolton is a special player, if Lance if half as good as him we’ve done well.

He’s here 😊

B7Ri1kD.jpg

Another legitimate question. Doe's relocating a whole family to Victoria effect the salary cap at all? Would be quite costly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back