Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey figjam, what would you call or describe the current situation. I would respect a mature response
Given that both sides are (or were) firing rockets at each other, I would describe it as warfare. Obviously one has significantly more military clout that the other, so it's now skewed almost entirely one way.

Whilst I don't trust the Israeli government, they have at least stated what their objectives are, which are to get their citizens back from a hostage situation and to disempower Hamas, who they view as an existential threat by way of continuing to engage in random attacks like October 7.

Of course, if Israel engage in a never ending game of Whac-A-Mole with Hamas, with Gaza as it's stage, then it will become not to dissimilar to the Battle of Ben Tre's famous "We had to destroy the village in order to save it." scenario. Or in this case, "...save Israel from threats". At that point, it could well be argued that Israel's ulterior motive was to ultimately make Gaza so inhospitable that the displacement of all of its citizens was necessary and then they would have achieved ethnic cleansing.

Bearing in mind that I still don't trust the Israeli government as far as I can kick them, I don't see evidence that that is their current goal. I mean, if Hamas snuck a Qatar flight out to Doha and released the remaining 140 hostages today, would Israel stop fighting? They'd literally have to! At that point, I think it's best to save words and phrases like "genocide" and "ethnic cleansing" for the likes of Nazi Germany and the Rwandan genocide, where there was demonstrable intent of that nature.

Winning what exactly? The body count?

If you think Israel is actually winning this war, you’re taking a far too simplistic look at it.

Will what Israel is doing now eradicate terrorism against the Jewish state? No.

Will this creating long lasting peace for Israel amongst its Arab neighbours? No.

Does this war solidify and strengthen western support of Israel? No.

Does this improve or make worse the perspective of Zionism amongst western people?

You’ve killed probably 20,000 innocent people, flattened most of Gaza and you still haven’t eradicated Hamas.

What is it exactly are you winning in this war?

I think they will think twice about doing a full on attack on Israel again .
What did they think was going to happen ?

I think they will think twice about doing a full on attack on Israel again .
What did they think was going to happen ?
Exactly what occurred, exactly what Israel wanted after funding Hamas for a decade. The 2.3 million people who have nothing to do with Hamas should think twice should they? I think Israel should think twice about ending apartheid and giving these people are right of determination then maybe if you stop treating them like prisoners in a open air prison things might change and groups like Hamas wouldn't be able to generate the support they have? I dunno maybe try something different aey

More proof both sides are better off without Hamas, people in Gaza are starving they are stealing Humitarian Aid along with fuel/medications.

Israeli IDF are literally burning the aid and posting about it full knowing nothing will happen as they sit there gripping U.S balls. What the **** are you on about?

Meanwhile they continue to cease access to water and electricity whilst half the population is starving according to international humanitarian groups on the ground.

We haven't seen anything as grim and genocidal as this from a state since the Nazis.

People can say the words genocide and ethnic cleansing are too charged or whatever but the reality is if you want to pretty it up as much as possible they're purposely mass killing civilians (mostly women and children), heath staff , journalists, aid workers and UN staff on a scale we haven't seen in decades.

Last edited:
Look what they made me do.
-
Bibi Netanyahu

1a6450970cc309bcb35f3ecdbf325fbf.jpg

Why doesn’t Hamas surrender?
Hilarious how dumb people like you still drink that koolaid

Hamas don't care for the civilians of Gaza they're insane hence why Israel funded them for the very reason this would occur at some point giving them justification for ethnically cleansing Gaza.
This has nothing to do with Hamas, hence why Israel are placing their flags on every block of north and now South Gaza singing and posting videos about reoccupation of the strip.

Why won't Israel end their occupation of Palestinian territory? End their apartheid crimes on the strip and stop the illegal settlements?

The logic you idiots keep bringing is the same logic to let's bomb an entire school because there's one or two insane school shooters. Let's take out 300 innocent kids by bombing them to kill a couple of bad guys.. and then we'll blame the shooters for not surrendering.

Last edited:
Hilarious how dumb people like you still drink that koolaid

Hamas don't care for the civilians of Gaza they're insane hence why Israel funded them for the very reason this would occur at some point giving them justification for ethnically cleansing Gaza.
This has nothing to do with Hamas, hence why Israel are placing their flags on every block of north and now South Gaza singing and posting videos about reoccupation of the strip.

Why won't Israel end their occupation of Palestinian territory? End their apartheid crimes on the strip and stop the illegal settlements?

The logic you idiots keep bringing is the same logic to let's bomb an entire school because there's one or two insane school shooters. Let's take out 300 innocent kids by bombing them to kill a couple of bad guys.. and then we'll blame the shooters for not surrendering.
What twisted logic is this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Who sees this? Who sees the rows of half-naked captured and surrendered Hamas terrorists? Who is meant to see these pictures? Not western numpties half a planet away. The pictures are directed to the Arab world. Hezbollah and all the other groups, including the ones in Gaza, still firing rockets into Israel. The pictures say, Israel is winning.
How do we know these half naked men are terrorists ...? because IDF are telling you they are?
I guess the hundreds dead in the West Bank where there's no HAMAS including mostly children are terrorists too right?

IDF are posting videos about reoccuping Gaza and taking back their ancient beaches whilst soldiers are proposing to each other, having parties and echoing genocidal language. What the **** else does this mean? This has been their goal forever you tone deaf idiot lol

Screenshot_20231109-004003.png

Last edited:
Given that both sides are (or were) firing rockets at each other, I would describe it as warfare. Obviously one has significantly more military clout that the other, so it's now skewed almost entirely one way.

Whilst I don't trust the Israeli government, they have at least stated what their objectives are, which are to get their citizens back from a hostage situation and to disempower Hamas, who they view as an existential threat by way of continuing to engage in random attacks like October 7.

Of course, if Israel engage in a never ending game of Whac-A-Mole with Hamas, with Gaza as it's stage, then it will become not to dissimilar to the Battle of Ben Tre's famous "We had to destroy the village in order to save it." scenario. Or in this case, "...save Israel from threats". At that point, it could well be argued that Israel's ulterior motive was to ultimately make Gaza so inhospitable that the displacement of all of its citizens was necessary and then they would have achieved ethnic cleansing.

Bearing in mind that I still don't trust the Israeli government as far as I can kick them, I don't see evidence that that is their current goal. I mean, if Hamas snuck a Qatar flight out to Doha and released the remaining 140 hostages today, would Israel stop fighting? They'd literally have to! At that point, I think it's best to save words and phrases like "genocide" and "ethnic cleansing" for the likes of Nazi Germany and the Rwandan genocide, where there was demonstrable intent of that nature.

I am interested in your last paragraph, about saving the ethnic cleansing comments for Nazi Germany and Rwanda.

Isn’t that a bit ironic?

People look back on both these with guilt and embarrassment for refusing to accept what was happening until it was too late.

Your post reads as if you can only deem something to be genocide after the fact, how do you prevent genocide from happening if you/we fail to see it unfolding?

We haven't seen anything as grim and genocidal as this from a state since the Nazis.
If you accuse people of not paying attention. Clearly this statement shows you haven't been paying attention to places like Rwanda, Cambodia, Xinjiang the Congo or Latin America between WW2 and now.

It's Ethnic Cleansing for sure. It's possibly genocide. But we see it more regularly than we'd like to accept.

It possibly hasn't been done by a Democracy since the Nazis.

Israel complaining about the Holocaust giving them special rights can officially cease now that they've become the perpetrator of a similar crime. They're now nothing more than another religious ethno-state obsessed with stealing land granted to it by God, not just the survival of the Jewish people. A nonsense position.

(Hamas's position is equally heinous, but they've not pretended to be anything other than a religious ethno-state, even though they've never been a recognised state).

I am interested in your last paragraph, about saving the ethnic cleansing comments for Nazi Germany and Rwanda.

Isn’t that a bit ironic?

People look back on both these with guilt and embarrassment for refusing to accept what was happening until it was too late.

Your post reads as if you can only deem something to be genocide after the fact, how do you prevent genocide from happening if you/we fail to see it unfolding?
Fair points, but I'd argue that the intent of the Germans were know from the early 1930's by the massive amount of Jewish refugees was clear and evident evidence of ethnic cleansing early on, even if the likes of the final solution wasn't in place until much later which would form the genocide component.

The Rwandan genocide was a disgrace in terms of a lack of international response. They knew full well that the orders from Bagosora were to kill Tutsis.

I don't think that the Israelis have the sort of intent. I ultimately think they'll have to back off soon enough due to international pressure, despite their current posturing to the contrary, if for no other reason that they may, whether inadvertently or intentionally, render Gaza completely useless and then it would be ethnic cleansing. Not a saleable outcome in my view.

It's a shit situation all round when you have a group in one of the regions holding hundreds of hostages and the probability of getting all of them specifically is about on par with the US wiping out Al Qaeda in the hills of Afghanistan, only in a high density location.

View attachment 1869591

Those near naked, blindfolded man are civilians. Multiple Israeli newspapers have confirmed it.

Psychopaths in this thread would have you believe that what Israel is doing is normal.

i mean i have no doubt that Israel are likely staging stuff, but does that guy know you can pass stuff between your hands haha?

This reflex of yours to try and defend the indefensible is pretty shocking tbh

when the hell did i defend anything? All i said was you can swap things in your hand...

I literally said Israel are likely staging?

Id say your inability to read is more shocking.....

Last edited:
I'd argue that the intent of the Germans were know from the early 1930's by the massive amount of Jewish refugees was clear and evident evidence of ethnic cleansing early on

I'd argue that the intent of the Israeli's were known from early on by the massive amount of Palestinian refugees was clear and evident evidence of ethnic cleansing early on

I'd argue that the intent of the Israeli's were known from early on by the massive amount of Palestinian refugees was clear and evident evidence of ethnic cleansing early on
Many in the Govt were saying it was ethnic cleansing although the official line from Bibi was ambiguous, most of the cabinet, including the Defence minister were using language consistent with ethnic cleansing.

Palestinians called it ethnic cleansing and the population of Israel think their ethnic cleansing is justified.

There's just a few people left who are saying it's not ethnic cleansing with a straight face and most of them work in the US State Department.

Israel are both making it all inhospitable (controlled demolition of Govt buildings have no other explanation) and also planting their flag all over it, while killing 10's of thousands of civilians. It's undoubtedly ethnic cleansing by any description of the term.

I still don't think it's quite genocide. But there's certainly an indifference to genocide, because they're so focused on the ethnic cleansing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back