Attack on Iran underway ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly. An Israeli/Iran war with US involvement wouldn't surprise though

While they hate each other I don't ever see a direct confrontation. Iran are happy to stoke the fire with their proxy neighbors to Israel. With a large Jewish population in Ukraine this attack seems retribution for Iran supplying the Russian drones to attack Ukranian civilians. Infact I am sure I remember talk going on that Iran had been advised to stop supplying drones or their factories would be no more.

While they hate each other I don't ever see a direct confrontation. Iran are happy to stoke the fire with their proxy neighbors to Israel. With a large Jewish population in Ukraine this attack seems retribution for Iran supplying the Russian drones to attack Ukranian civilians. Infact I am sure I remember talk going on that Iran had been advised to stop supplying drones or their factories would be no more.
Or... being Hezbollah's main source of weapons. The US wouldn't have cared about Syria apart from the threat of a Shia militant supply line running uninterrupted from Tehran to Palestine.

Or... being Hezbollah's main source of weapons. The US wouldn't have cared about Syria apart from the threat of a Shia militant supply line running uninterrupted from Tehran to Palestine.

I'm old enough to remember when the US was happily "renditioning" Al Qaeda suspects to Damascus to be tortured.

Then Al Qaeda became the good guys in Syria and are now "brave anti-Putin" Chechens fighting in Ukraine.

And it isn't that long ago that a US President signed a binding deal with Iran. That the next US President unilaterally walked away from because the last President made fun of his TV show.

You know, I'm getting the sense the Americans might not be reliable and trustworthy actors on the international stage and those countries opposing them like Iran and Russia may have a point.

I'm old enough to remember when the US was happily "renditioning" Al Qaeda suspects to Damascus to be tortured.

Then Al Qaeda became the good guys in Syria and are now "brave anti-Putin" Chechens fighting in Ukraine.

And it isn't that long ago that a US President signed a binding deal with Iran. That the next US President unilaterally walked away from because the last President made fun of his TV show.

You know, I'm getting the sense the Americans might not be reliable and trustworthy actors on the international stage and those countries opposing them like Iran and Russia may have a point.
It's not about who is 'best', it's about who is 'least bad' these days.
Trump was a disaster for US-ME relations. Centuries old hostilities between Russian and Persian empires evaporating overnight due to his buffoonery and refusal to stick to a deal that was actually working.

And the less said about the US cozying up to the Hause of Saud, the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back