Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel sees an existential threat based on what Hamas did October 7.
And it's reported that many if not the majority of Israeli's blame the Netanyahu Government for not preventing it happening, or being warned that something like this could happen, and for all those tunnels under Gaza being built under its (the Netanyahu Governments) watch.

Yeah, I think they probably could. Look at what they did simply by knocking out a communications tower and rushing through a hole in a fence with less than 5% of their disposable fighters. Then there's the fallout from Israel's response, Hezbollah, the Houthis, Turkey gobbing off and Iran.

It doesn't matter anyway whether you or I think the idea of an existential threat is ridiculous, if they think it's real.
So even if that is true, does it justify genocide? Does anything justify genocide?

Nothing about what Israel are doing is sustainable.
I can't see how any of this good for Jews.
Listening to Israeli politicians is actually quite scary, the language they use, the dehumanisation, the hatred.

I know that many Jews have been killed in the conflict and it's much easier sitting on the sideline commenting without direct family affected, but I just can't imagine any other group of people getting away with this. They are just so confident nobody will interfere.
Someone earlier in the thread visualised the IDF as being tens of thousands of Avi Yemini's, that's exactly how I picture them.

Of course it's not sustainable and none of it is good for Jews outside of Israel.

They're not tens of thousands of Avi Yemini's, most of them are young reservists who have never seen conflict before, are scared witless and have nfi what they're doing. imo.

They shot three hostages.

When I look at the list of who the IDF have lost already, their youth is what stands out. One was a corporal and he was only 19yo.

Yeah, I think they probably could. Look at what they did simply by knocking out a communications tower and rushing through a hole in a fence with less than 5% of their disposable fighters. Then there's the fallout from Israel's response, Hezbollah, the Houthis, Turkey gobbing off and Iran.

It doesn't matter anyway whether you or I think the idea of an existential threat is ridiculous, if they think it's real.
So IF they think its real (they don't) that means they can bomb Gaza with impunity?

With US and the whole western world in lockstep with Israel, nothing short of WWIII somehow manifesting would threaten Israel's existence.

Of course it's not sustainable and none of it is good for Jews outside of Israel.

They're not tens of thousands of Avi Yemini's, most of them are young reservists who have never seen conflict before, are scared witless and have nfi what they're doing. imo.

When I look at the list of who the IDF have lost already, their youth is what stands out. One was a corporal and he was only 19yo.
A question, i know you wont answer, thats how you roll. You look at the list of idf soldiers that have been killed that are young, a side point they are military. Do you do the same for children in gaza who are not military and maybe death estimates at 5000 plus

So IF they think its real (they don't) that means they can bomb Gaza with impunity?

Here we go again, this is why I checked out last time.

Yes, many people in Israel view what happened on October 7 as an existential threat. Whether or not that plays in to Netanyahu's ambitions is irrelevant if that's what they feel.

Hamas on October 7 ticked all the boxes for a genocidal attack, they have openly and repeatedly said they will do it again and again until Israel and it's people are destroyed.

Yes, many people in Israel view what happened on October 7 as an existential threat. Whether or not that plays in to Netanyahu's ambitions is irrelevant if that's what they feel.

Hamas on October 7 ticked all the boxes for a genocidal attack, they have openly and repeatedly said they will do it again and again until Israel and it's people are destroyed.
I thought it was because you had notifications.... which is it, facts appear fluid for you

I get that there are many young reservists who will scared out of their brains. Avi is on camera boasting of shooting a Palestinian kid in the head who threw a stone at him, there does seem to be quite a few examples of this (definitely not tens of thousands though).

I just find the mindset of a large chunk of Israeli's alarming, from the politicians down to everyday citizens. The language used and the genuine belief they are superior human beings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of us want to eliminate Hamas. It's just that some understand that the only way to eliminate a violent emancipatory extremist group is through the elimination of the oppressive conditions and apartheid state the people live under. A fact backed up by countless historical examples.

Those that bothsides the illegal occupation are complicit in the ethnic cleansing and give justification to the actions of the state of Israel. This does nothing to eliminate Hamas or to stop harm to Palestinians or Israelis.

Anyone that truly cared about Palestinians and Israelis and weren't being disingenuous would turn their full attention to fighting for a Free Palestine and putting pressure on our government to fully withdraw support of the US and Israel until Palestinians are free.

All of us want to eliminate Hamas. It's just that some understand that the only way to eliminate a violent emancipatory extremist group is through the elimination of the oppressive conditions and apartheid state the people live under. A fact backed up by countless historical examples.

Those that bothsides the illegal occupation are complicit in the ethnic cleansing and give justification to the actions of the state of Israel. This does nothing to eliminate Hamas or to stop harm to Palestinians or Israelis.

Anyone that truly cared about Palestinians and Israelis and weren't being disingenuous would turn their full attention to fighting for a Free Palestine and putting pressure on our government to fully withdraw support of the US and Israel until Palestinians are free.
That is a very balanced and considered perspective... thankyou

So do you factor in 1600 civilian loses a year and just get on with your free and democratic life ?
How about, now this may seem crazy, but actually target Hamas leadership via special military operations.

So BEFORE October 7, the deaths were 6407 Palestinians v 308 Israelis for the last 15 years. But I guess Palestinians just need to factor that in. Also October 7 was 695 Israeli civilians, I thought it was Palestine who made up numbers....

Hamas on October 7 ticked all the boxes for a genocidal attack, they have openly and repeatedly said they will do it again jand again until Israel and it's people are destroyed.
Genocidal attack? was 9/11 a genocidal attack too? Hamas have no way of achieving these aims. Al Quada would of wanted to wipe out the US, doesn't mean there was a genocidal threat on the US. Thing is Israel should do special opps to get rid of Hamas, but that isn't their real aim, anyone denying that is either very dim or acting in bad faith.

They can feel however they want to feel, many people want retribution after they have been wronged, but collective punishment with 24k deaths vs maybe a bit over 1k deaths, to go with the 6407 v 308 deaths for the previous 15 years, seems like the going rate is 1 Israeli life = 20+ Palestinian lives.

Meanwhile while you claim Israel are terrifed of genocide, they are actually the ones doing genocide in real time.

How about, now this may seem crazy, but actually target Hamas leadership via special military operations.

So BEFORE October 7, the deaths were 6407 Palestinians v 308 Israelis for the last 15 years. But I guess Palestinians just need to factor that in. Also October 7 was 695 Israeli civilians, I thought it was Palestine who made up numbers....

In 15 years prior Palestine had killed 308 Israelis.
In one day they killed 1200.
Target Leadership and wait for the next one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back