Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you accuse people of not paying attention. Clearly this statement shows you haven't been paying attention to places like Rwanda, Cambodia, Xinjiang the Congo or Latin America between WW2 and now.
I'm aware that they're also genocide however Israel is a democratic country or so they say, which is the point of difference. They say they align to Western values... Which we all know is rubbish they're not a democratic country they're a state theocracy

From a Israel political pov a Ceasefire would be a win for Hamas and a defeat for Israel.

Any result where the war ends with Hamas staying in power in Gaza is just waiting for another inevitable attack.

Its not that different from the Ukraine conflict a Ceasfire where Russia holds occupied or conquered territory is just going to delay the inevitable renewed invasion years down the line.

Terrorists and Dicitators view diplomacy as a weakness, Ceasefire is a waste of time and just prolongs the war continuing.

I'm not against ceasefires to allow aid etc in but long term this doesn't end unless Hamas surrender, or at least its leadership - that is just the reality of it now. Even then it's questionable what state Israel leave Gaza in & what "control" they want to have in the future.

Israel though need to held account in how they are going about this though, going scorched earthed against civilians is not acceptable. Never was. Should never have gotten to the point of even needing ceasefires.

Last edited:

Boycott Israeli products !

we import next to nothing from Israel. Most of the big-ticket items the avg joe consumer couldn't even really boycott if they wanted too.

we import next to nothing from Israel. Most of the big-ticket items the avg joe consumer couldn't even really boycott if they wanted too.

Sodastream is Israeli, boycott!

Yeah I think Israel has a big rave scene, meant to be great night life over there

Funny that.

Honestly it would have been horrific for the kids at the rave if they were off their faces, especially tripping hard or being all MDed up and then some mad campaigner starts shooting all your friends ... be a horrible last few moments.

But i guess horror is par for the course for alot of young people over there who aren't Israeli as well.

I reckon alot of the ravers and attackers would have been the same age and in nearly every other place on earth young people that age would have partying together ... its an indictment on the sick old bastards that keep this war going that those kids were in that position and not all dancing together and trying to heal generations of pain.

Funny that.

Honestly it would have been horrific for the kids at the rave if they were off their faces, especially tripping hard or being all MDed up and then some mad campaigner starts shooting all your friends ... be a horrible last few moments.

But i guess horror is par for the course for alot of young people over there who aren't Israeli as well.

I reckon alot of the ravers and attackers would have been the same age and in nearly every other place on earth young people that age would have partying together ... its an indictment on the sick old bastards that keep this war going that those kids were in that position and not all dancing together and trying to heal generations of pain.

Absolutely, really ****ed up. And I guess that sort of decadence is a perfect target for terrorists, terrible stuff

Absolutely, really ****ed up. And I guess that sort of decadence is a perfect target for terrorists, terrible stuff
Weird its considered decadence when humans dancing to rhythmic music while tripping on various substances is older than written history.

I dunno enough to say but I've heard the rave and the attack were a fluke of timing. The rave was delayed or something and was meant to happen earlier. I doubt it would be more than a target of opportunity.

My understanding of the Hamas attack (and its just imo from reading and listening to stuff) was that it was aimed at overwhelming the military protection at its weakest point and then taking a bunch of hostages to swap for people held by Israel.

15m ago Guardian live blog
04.10 AEDT
White House 'concerned' by reports Israel military is using white phosphorus
The White House says it is “concerned” over new reports that Israel used US-supplied white phosphorus in a bombing attack in Lebanon that injured civilians and burned down houses.

John Kirby, strategic communications coordinator for the National Security Council, has just been briefing reporters aboard Air Force One, and was asked about the allegations. Israel has previously denied it uses white phosphorus, which critics say put civilians at risk of serious and long-term injury, and is banned from use in civilian areas.

Kirby said the Biden administration would be raising the issue with Israel’s government:

Sorry if this sounds a bit dumb.

The US gives Israel white phosphorus, Israel uses white phosphorus, US are concerned.

What did they expect Israel to do with the weapons provided?

This seems strange to me, just like the US supplying cluster bombs to Ukraine, even though the US is a country that enforces a ban on their use.

The US gives Israel white phosphorus, Israel uses white phosphorus, US are concerned.

This seems strange to me, just like the US supplying cluster bombs to Ukraine, even though the US is a country that enforces a ban on their use.

agree its a bit dumb to supply them and then complain they are being used.

dont supply them seems the wiser option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has other uses but not many.

'White phosphorus is used for military purposes in grenades and artillery shells to produce illumination, to generate a smokescreen and as an incendiary. Its major industrial uses are in the production of phosphoric acid, phosphates and other compounds.
. Phosphates are used to manufacture a range of products including fertilizers and detergents. Phosphorus has been used as a rodenticide and in fireworks.'

It has other uses but not many.

'White phosphorus is used for military purposes in grenades and artillery shells to produce illumination, to generate a smokescreen and as an incendiary. Its major industrial uses are in the production of phosphoric acid, phosphates and other compounds.
. Phosphates are used to manufacture a range of products including fertilizers and detergents. Phosphorus has been used as a rodenticide and in fireworks.'

pretty sure the US are giving Israel white phosphorus weapons.

they aren't giving them bags of it on its own or at least i highly doubt it.

pretty sure the US are giving Israel white phosphorus weapons.

they aren't giving them bags of it on its own or at least i highly doubt it.
The US are complicit in war crimes by any measure imo.
Someone should dump 4000 children's body bags outside the White House.

Death toll has reached 18,000 Palestinians since October 7th.

Uber-Zionists on here barracking hard must be happy with that milestone - still not enough to atone for 1,400 Israelis, because "there's no equivalence".

Meanwhile anyone anywhere on the planet suggesting ceasefire continues to be labelled anti-Semitic, because apparently the state of Israel and all people of Jewish faith are one and the same.

You're a bunch of barbarians.

So what is the difference between the censorship in China and Russia and Israel?

Oh that’s right Israel claims to be a democratic country.

The US are complicit in war crimes by any measure imo.
Someone should dump 4000 children's body bags outside the White House.

I wouldn't quite say that, but i understand where the viewpoint comes from.

I haven’t read through all of this discussion and perhaps it has already been covered so apologies in advance.

Netanyahu before 7/10 has had a third of the population of Israel demonstrating against his attempts to have government override the rule of law. Critics suggest it has something to do with accusations of corruption and his attempts to stay in power.
The newly formed government is the most right wing in support of further incursions into the occupied territories by settlers.

So 7/10 we have a music festival, with many progressives in attendance, along with other areas, that were attacked and the fourth biggest army in the world, along with a intense scrutiny, brutal occupation tactics didn’t see this attack coming?

It’s been a great opportunity for Netanyahu focus on the Palestinians as the enemy, unite all Israeli’s, keep the right wing of his government happy, win win for him. Coincidence of course, even though he didn’t seem to have much consideration for the hostages.

I haven’t read through all of this discussion and perhaps it has already been covered so apologies in advance.

Netanyahu before 7/10 has had a third of the population of Israel demonstrating against his attempts to have government override the rule of law. Critics suggest it has something to do with accusations of corruption and his attempts to stay in power.
The newly formed government is the most right wing in support of further incursions into the occupied territories by settlers.

So 7/10 we have a music festival, with many progressives in attendance, along with other areas, that were attacked and the fourth biggest army in the world, along with a intense scrutiny, brutal occupation tactics didn’t see this attack coming?

It’s been a great opportunity for Netanyahu focus on the Palestinians as the enemy, unite all Israeli’s, keep the right wing of his government happy, win win for him. Coincidence of course, even though he didn’t seem to have much consideration for the hostages.

From memory the defence minister was too busy pushing for settler incursions in the West Bank to keep his eye on the ball in Gaza.

I'm not really sure what your point is? Are you suggesting or alluding that the Israeli government let this attack happen?

Also, who are you referring to as the 4th biggest military in the world? because Israel is nowhere near that if that's what you are trying to say.

I'm not really sure what your point is? Are you suggesting or alluding that the Israeli government let this attack happen?

Also, who are you referring to as the 4th biggest military in the world? because Israel is nowhere near that if that's what you are trying to say.

Whether he let this happen or it was a welcome distraction, it’s very convenient. As far as fourth largest military force, the money that pours in from America makes it one of the biggest, I heard somewhere the fourth largest, not sure what that means though.

Netanyahu is not uniting all Israelis, I think over half want him sacked.

Whether he let this happen or it was a welcome distraction, it’s very convenient. As far as fourth largest military force, the money that pours in from America makes it one of the biggest, I heard somewhere the fourth largest, not sure what that means though.

Ok well it's far from fourth...

Israel is a small country. It spends a high % of its GDP on military relative to other countries but by sheer size it's no way near the top. USA, China, Russia and India are the top 4 and by some margin.

Israel would be somewhere in the mid to late teens if you were to rank it globally. The only thing that Israel has over much larger military forces is that it has nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back