Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was wondering why all the (edit) rows were skewed but then realised they were fridge magnets... duh.

Quite a good pun though.

Wonder if there’s a chance Collard isn’t the sub. Structurally, I could see them going Byrnes sun and Collard a full game.

I’m thinking windhager as sub all going well changes with Crouch as both haven’t played in the practice matches.

Need Byrnes to play we need his pace and run were as Crouch and Windhager are similar speed and build.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its obvious the club sees the speed with Wilson and Collard as our future. Lance only played half a game in the practice matches, so Im backing him to be the sub. Windy wouldnt have been named if they were worried about his hand, so I think he gets a full game changing through the midfield.

If we can win first use of the footy, its obvious that RTB thinks we can run them off their feet. Go Saints ❤️🤍🖤

Congrats to Arie & Hugo also being named as emergencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We certainly won't lack for speed with our 4 new inclusions.

I was expecting Henry, Bonner and Wilson to get picked, Collard a bit of a surprise but with Butler out he is probably the best fit for his role.

Ok that one really got me
Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

So, first up game at KP, traditional bogey ground, against one of the most successful teams in the last ten years, Premiers only 18 months ago.
If this team had been selected under either Richo or Ratts, I’d be WTF!
But it’s been selected under RTB, and I’m still WTF, but for completely opposite reasons.
If such a thing is possible, this is a statement selection.
Two 2023 draftees named in the team, another two named as emergencies with the third emergency being a second year player.
Not counting Owens, Phillipou, Windhager, NAS, and Titanic!
Reputation and tenure is no longer a guarantee of a game.
The Richo/Ratts eras are over.
Pretty clear where RTB is heading.
I am pumped!

This is the shape of the team that will be playing finals.

Whatever happens on Saturday, our direction is exciting.

Cmon Lance! Take em on young fella.
I like the team, most talented I’ve seen since the Grand Finals in ‘10 & ‘9. And I reckon this team has a more even spread of talent than those. Even without Sinclair.

Sinclair out is still a blow to our chances of winning this game but we look like we have better depth now to cover for him.

We will find out more on Saturday how well we can cover for him but it looks like a good enough team to beat Geelong even down there.

We will be up against the usual armchair ride the Cats get there though and it will be even worse than usual with the new Duckwood stand.

Last edited:
WTF is going on - Tom Campbell not named as an emergency!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back