Game Day Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn-vs-St-Kilda.png

1715350402486.png

Last edited:

Some solid ins for the Saints, Hawks without their talisman Sicily, big ground suits our running power, Max King due.

I’m feeling pretty confident our system and method gets us over the line in the end.

To be honest I’m a little checked out on the actual result and our ladder position (that may change if we continue to climb up).

BUT, I am really looking forward to another opportunity to watch Windy run through the middle, Hastie grow into his role and Hugo lay another 10 tackles.

It will also be good to see Paton put the clamps on again.

Saints by 24 I think.

Last edited:
Some solid ins for the Saints, Hawks without their talisman Sicily, big ground suits our running power, Max King due.

I’m feeling pretty confident our system and method gets us over the line in the end.

To be honest I’m a little checked out on the actual result and our ladder position (that may change if we continue to climb up).

BUT, I am really looking forward to another opportunity to watch Windy run through the middle, Hastie grow into his role and Hugo lay another 10 possessions.

Saints by 24 I think.
Time to get our boys on the juice, win every game, self report, then get stripped of points and stroll into that number 1 draft pick.
That's how the pro clubs do it..

Time to get our boys on the juice, win every game, self report, then get stripped of points and stroll into that number 1 draft pick.
Whoever gets the Weddle matchup will be on the juice…pickle juice that is. Great runner.

I’m hoping our foot skills mean we really take advantage of the larger ground, and can get some good connection with our forwards.

Just trying to think of the last time we put four quarters together and really dominated a team all game for a big percentage boosting win?

I just keep expecting us to put it together at some point this year. Like the Pies game where we managed probably 3/4 good quarters.

Am I somehow still blindly optimistic this far into my saints supporting life?

I am really excited to see Henry back in the side. He was so good to watch in his first two games and I wonder if he can provide that same spark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just allow players to juice, imagine the spectacle! Game’s best players in absolute peak physical condition, less injures and all round better product for the AFL. 100 goal kickers will be back

Whoever gets the Weddle matchup will be on the juice…pickle juice that is. Great runner.

I’m hoping our foot skills mean we really take advantage of the larger ground, and can get some good connection with our forwards.
Lets hope

BUT, I am really looking forward to another opportunity to watch Windy run through the middle, Hastie grow into his role and Hugo lay another 10 tackles.

Saints by 24 I think.
Spot on. Saints by 24 goals.

Henry might be rusty but I’m excited to see him back. Speed and class. Wood and Webster will have blown the cobwebs away. King should be licking his lips. Paton deserves his spot and hopefully goes well.

Let’s hope for a strong start. A couple of early goals will ease the nerves.

Just trying to think of the last time we put four quarters together and really dominated a team all game for a big percentage boosting win?
It’s been a while but doesn’t seem to happen much these days. Have a look at Port last night. Admittedly the Hawks are a different prospect to the Cats but momentum seems to ebb and flow in most games.
Just give me consistency across four quarters and win each quarter. Shoukd see us win pretty confortably.

If Paton can lock Bruest down we honestly should get this done in a canter - I didn't realise they had Chol and Lewis out, and weren't bringing CJ back to AFL level (I don't know how long he was injured for).

The interesting watch will be Wilson - today will be the best look we've had this year at a RtB style 'take them to the deep end' with Wood, Hill and Wilson. Could see another huge final quarter from D'Arcy if Hawks run out of legs and have to focus on Hill/Wood.

This is the prequal to the showdown with the Tasmanian Devils and Northern Territory Saints...anyone?

But I digress into a bit of mischievousness to kick off game day.

Should win this, Sicily being out tips it in our favour, and Henry coming back should really add the zip we need.

Things I'll be watching out for is how Windy and Henry perform around the ball together which is hopefully like they did in the Pies game.

Other thing I'll be watching for is that big lump of a spud in the forward line to grit his teeth and be man and put his big girl undies on and give us a glimpse of what a Coleman medalist might look like in the RW&B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back