Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of this year, I'm more hopeful that Freddy or Frampton could have a promary responsibility of contesting and bringing it to ground as a forward or forward/ruck - playing alongside either Mason, Reef or AJ as third forward with less responsiblity for bringing it to ground. When McStay got injured - I was disappointed that Frampton wasn't switched to forward/ruck for the preseason.
A few more shit games from Cox and your Frampton wish could come true.

Wish Upon A Star Laugh GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

In terms of this year, I'm more hopeful that Freddy or Frampton could have a promary responsibility of contesting and bringing it to ground as a forward or forward/ruck - playing alongside either Mason, Reef or AJ as third forward with less responsiblity for bringing it to ground. When McStay got injured - I was disappointed that Frampton wasn't switched to forward/ruck for the preseason.
Frampton has the perfect combination of strength, mobility, tank and durability for the role. He’s just got absolutely no forward smarts or contested nouse. His been in the system long enough where I’m sure it’s not getting to the standard required.

Freddy I really hope he stays fit after the hamstring injury. The positive is his last injury wasn’t a contact injury. I’m still not confident his body holds up though.

Steene so far has shown he has decent forward smarts and decent durability. He’s also bulked up a bit through the pre season so I’m interested to see if that’s enough to make him AFL relevant.

Last edited:

Frampton has the perfect combination of strength, mobility, tank and durability for the role. He’s just got absolutely no forward smarts or contested nouse. His been in the system long enough where I’m sure it’s not getting to the standard required.

Freddy I really hope he stays fit after the hamstring injury. The positive is his last injury wasn’t a contact injury. I’m still not confident his body holds up though.

Steene so far has shown he has decent forward smarts and decent durability. He’s also bulked up a bit through the pre season so I’m interested to see if that’s enough to make him AFL relevant.
The issue is we want someone who can wrestle and compete consistently in the hotspot. I doubt that's a 20 year old tall. He might be able to do an OK job of what we've already got in Johnson and Cox (the forward part of his role) - come in from the side and take the odd mark, hit up on the lead occasionally and kick a few goals in that way - but still who's going to provide us with that consistent hotspot contest when we do bang it in there - and when defences are set - there's often no other choice.

Won’t happen . Given there is only 1 inside mid on the bench. And he’s replacing Mitchell so you need an inside mid to start. They aren’t making all this fuss about him playing just to sub him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, but that's what they did with Noble last week wasn't it?

The issue is we want someone who can wrestle and compete consistently in the hotspot. I doubt that's a 20 year old tall. He might be able to do an OK job of what we've already got in Johnson and Cox (the forward part of his role) - come in from the side and take the odd mark, hit up on the lead occasionally and kick a few goals in that way - but still who's going to provide us with that consistent hotspot contest when we do bang it in there - and when defences are set - there's often no other choice.
I get that’s the main issue I’m just not convinced Frampton helps with that. So far his forward stints have shown him to mostly ineffectual in that area whilst also not being a scoring threat.

Maybe it’s an are he can improve in, I just struggle to see someone who’s been in the system so long as forward improving his nouse.

I have doubts a 20 year Steene can do that as well but I’d like to see that tried given the improved strength this off season he’s shown and the lack of ability the other options have shown at it.

thats right. And we have 2 defenders on the bench, and included another defender on the field.

AFL site also has Crisp at HF and Schultz lining up in the midfield. We also only have 2 defenders on the bench if WHE is destined to play there. It’s a lottery at this stage really but I’d be confident Macrae will be in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I am looking forward to most in this is the battle between Blakey and, I am guessing, RamBeau. We have to try to cut offf Blakey’s dashes and Beau looks best bet to me.
Just hope Beau overcomes his Post Premership fumble thon ASAP

I get that’s the main issue I’m just not convinced Frampton helps with that. So far his forward stints have shown him to mostly ineffectual in that area whilst also not being a scoring threat.

Maybe it’s an are he can improve in, I just struggle to see someone who’s been in the system so long as forward improving his nouse.

I have doubts a 20 year Steene can do that as well but I’d like to see that tried given the improved strength this off season he’s shown and the lack of ability the other options have shown at it.
Frampton seems best suited as a key back & back up ruck, but has been overlooked for a second week, wonder what the future holds for the premiership player, shame he can’t clunk those marks & convert when playing fwd….

Can we play McStay and instruct our plays to hit him up only on a straight run?

I just realized I'm close to 20k posts - I NEED TO GET A *EN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly we don’t lack hit up targets, we need someone who can bring the ball to ground at the hotspot.

Secondly McStay is pretty slow on the lead.

Gonna miss the flag unfurling :(

Don't normally get to the night games before 7.
I still have no idea why they are unfurling it in front of empty seats. They are missing a golden opportunity to connect with the army at the start of a new season. Imagine the noise if they did it just before we ran out or with the players lined up to acknowledge the flag a few moments before the bounce.

I still have no idea why they are unfurling it in front of empty seats. They are missing a golden opportunity to connect with the army at the start of a new season. Imagine the noise if they did it just before we ran out or with the players lined up to acknowledge the flag a few moments before the bounce.
Agreed. For a club that made such an effotr to connect with its members last season this decision seems peculiar.
Only thing I can think of is that the broadcaster has requested the timing to bolster ratings in the pre-game...

They're named as the Bloods and that's exactly what they're going to be tonight after we finish with them.

Bruised, Bloodied. And Battered!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back