Autopsy Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall has a great ability to put himself in the right spot to get the ball but then has zero 0️⃣ or less than zero 0️⃣ awareness of how to offload whether by foot or by hand. FMD where is his line coach are they ****en up to it???

As I feared at half time those Webster and King suspensions probably cost us a win, with them in the team we probably win that game.

They have a lot to make up for when they return, King needs to kick Plugger style bags and Webster needs to play like a peak Luke Hodge.
Webbie is a ****ing dumb campaigner getting himself suspended for seven weeks in a trial game and tbh Mingy not much better. Both entirely avoidable.
Grow some ****en brains boys.

Was pretty obvious in the 1st qtr when we were butchering shots at goal it was going to be tight, and our own fault.
Could see the result coming a mile off. Their midfield took over, our backline couldn’t cope. Really, really disappointing. Will zap some confidence.

Our set shot kicking btw is ****ing embarrading. You reap what you sow.

Yes it's insane to play first gamers as the sub. It was obvious with Collard's debut. Never again.
Agree & hear what ur saying - but we are running out of soldiers - difficult - the other option was Garcia - I don’t think at this stage they want to play any of these guys as either starting or sub - but we have run out of experienced depth

Okay champ he couldn’t move against Geelong and missed a chunk of pre season.

His injury was pre exisiting and had nothing to do with being dropped but hey twist the facts however you like to attempt to support your argument .

Watched the Sandy game and he couldn’t cover the ground from the first minute of the match .

Your point is wrong he wasn’t available so the decision was probably Jones or García .

It is totally irrelevant as Crouch was not fit for selection and doubling down suggesting he might not have got injured when he was already well known to be carrying an injury is ridiculous.

Not arguing about Jones agree he was poor but he had a few mates. Midfield was a shambles.
I humbly retract my crouch comments, haven’t seen that he was so badly injured.

I think we’re on the same page, the midfield was terrible against a very ordinary side.

Geez, everyone is a bit harsh in here tonight. Given our injury list, I thought it was a 50/50 game going in.

Midfield got smashed, and centre clearances killed us in the second half. Disappointing for Windy not to continue his strong form from last week.

Positives for me
• phillipou showed some excellent signs. His best game for a while (massive brain fade at the end)
• Hastie is a likely type and one we should keep getting games into
• Ross was enormous and nearly helped us snag it at the end.
50/50 going in, yes. But once the game starts that's in the past. They led for about 4 minutes.

Was pretty obvious in the 1st qtr when we were butchering shots at goal it was going to be tight, and our own fault.
Could see the result coming a mile off. Their midfield took over, our backline couldn’t cope. Really, really disappointing. Will zap some confidence.

Our set shot kicking btw is ******* embarrading. You reap what you sow.
You reap what you sow when you have a guy like Mitch up forward. The Australian half of him clearly does everything else in his game, while his mum's half takes over when he gets a set shot. That helicopter only went through by sheer chance.

Sharman, Membrey, Philippou should have nailed their shots, and Caminiti did OK for a ring-in.

Editing to add later explanation. Cheers - Hub
Nothing to do with race guys, take it easy, clumsy point maybe. Was just saying he looks so bloody natural with every other part of his game, but when he takes a shot for goal it looks like he grew up over here in Japan and picked it up late. It's a mystery.
Of course Japanese people are great at sports they're familiar with, etc. etc.
My kids are half Japanese by the way, so I have a special affection for Mitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That truly hurts.
I’ll tell you what hurts….
and that’s coming home and finding the other half, a Bombers supporter, watching the last half 🤮
( no we don’t watch the games together.)
Fk me.

About had enough of Membrey as well....King in...Membrey out
Was in our best the last two.
But we really, really missed King for the outlet kick down the wing.

You reap what you sow when you have a guy like Mitch up forward. The Australian half of him clearly does everything else in his game, while his mum's half takes over when he gets a set shot. That helicopter only went through by sheer chance.

Sharman, Membrey, Philippou should have nailed their shots, and Caminiti did OK for a ring-in
Takefusa Kubo and Kyogo Furuhashi know how to score goals well in another code so not sure what you're on about champ.

Sharman, Membrey, Philippou should have nailed their shots, and Caminiti did OK for a ring-in.
You’re better than this

Essendon-vs-St-Kilda.png

Proud of the boys, for a young and inexperienced team to hang around for that long was impressive.
Kicked ourselves out of it in the end, had we kicked one straighter or if the umpires did their job properly would have made all the difference.
Hopefully that stings and a few boys will be looking to make up for it.
If the umps did their job, oh God man you need to get a grip, I'm guessing you will give me a week off for this

You've seen so far this year how hard it is for a first year player to impact, not sure we need more of them in the side if we can possibly avoid it. Butler was an obvious selection.

Butler may have been an obvious selection, but it was a safe selection. He has more experience but is underdone and not in form. I don't think he impacted today's game at all. Collard and Hastie have been sent into a cauldron for one quarter each, but I believe (based on this year so far) that Collard, Garcia, Hastie or even Arie would've given more over a full game than what Butler gave today.

Look at the start of last year, the kids carried us for the first month or so.

It's a bit like Crouch in round 1, sometimes the safe option can backfire. I'd rather be brave and stuff up than be safe and get the same result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back