Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably doesn't have respect for the new coach.
I can’t see this being the case. From my understanding every club Yze has been at has respect. If he was injured going into the game should not have played.

Caro mentioned on Footy classified that Gale wants to re-sign Martin and make him a one club player as a parting gift. Made is sound like he'd either reitire or stay on at richmond and that gold coast don't have interest in martin anymore

Last edited:
Gale has one foot out the door at Richmond with Tasmania coming into the competition.

I got no issue of re-signing Dusty even for 2 years. Pendlebury held out for 2 years at the Pies and he was even older a couple of years ago, but it should be on our terms & heavily reduced salary.

If not than I got no issues with him exploring his options, It would be sad to see him finish up at another club but that's life, Richmond have given him just as much as he has given Richmond that's why it's been such a success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro mentioned on Footy classified that Gale wants to re-sign Martin and make him a one club player as a parting gift. Made is sound like he'd either reitire or stay on at richmond and that gold coast don't have interest in martin anymore

That’s Blair Hartley’s job, Benny needs to stay out of list management decisions.

That’s Blair Hartley’s job, Benny needs to stay out of list management decisions.

This is seriously funny listening to perennial fat-shaming victim Hutchy, Cornes and Lloyd telling Brendan Gale and Dustin Martin what they need to do. What absolute desperate craven ratings chasing hogwash. Hutchy and Lloyd were even squirming as they were speaking because they know that. The 3rd fool is completely shameless.

We can't have him on our list next year for whatever feel good reason or as a team moving forward into rebuilding. It's just a waste of a spot and money and if Gale allows it then it's another s**t contract he's signed off on. Love Dusty, but we've paid him massive for his legendary service. He has to retire or move on if he still wants to play as we are running a football club/ business not a charity event for the rich and famous .lol

We can't have him on our list next year. for whatever feel good reason or as a team moving into rebuilding. It's just a waste of a spot and money and if Gale allows it then it's another s**t contract he's signed off on. Love Dusty, but we've paid him massive for his legendary service. He has to retire or move on if he still wants to play as we are running a football club/ business not a charity event for the rich and famous .lol

This is utterly ridiculous. Possibly/probably the best player the club has ever had, and you are with 17 games left in the season, with Dusty off a really strong year and actually performing well whilst clearly dealing with an injury in the earlier games, and you are saying we cannot have him on the list next year.

For all you or I know, the club could be playing finals next year, and you are wanting to delist or trade away the best finals player in history...why exactly?

This is utterly ridiculous. Possibly/probably the best player the club has ever had, and you are with 17 games left in the season, with Dusty off a really strong year and actually performing well whilst clearly dealing with an injury in the earlier games, and you are saying we cannot have him on the list next year.

For all you or I know, the club could be playing finals next year, and you are wanting to delist or trade away the best finals player in history...why exactly?
Rubbish as he holds us back moving forward and some of his efforts Sunday showed he didn't give a damn . He was awful for team spirit and morale. Any clown knows he's the greatest player the clubs ever had, but that is not the point here .lol

Rubbish as he holds us back moving forward and some of his efforts Sunday showed he didn't give a damn . He was awful for team spirit and morale.

I have seen him play early season games in our dynasty period where people said he didn't look like he gave a damn. Last year even early on people were saying he was cooked.

Next minute Smith and Ayres Medals and flags galore and last year came home like a steam train, pretty sure he was the top or second top rated player in the AFL over the last 8 matches.

Not going to mince words here TI, you are being idiotic. Dusty is not even asking anyone to commit to signing him until end of season. So that more than doubles the reasons for not making calls now.

Last edited:

lofl CAN I HAVE WHATEVER YOU DRINK?

Rubbish as he holds us back moving forward and some of his efforts Sunday showed he didn't give a damn . He was awful for team spirit and morale.
Not quite sure it’s that simple

Just say Dusty signs for another 2 years it means he is invested and even if he isn’t at his best having in the side increases our chance of winning games and ultimately that would be the biggest moral boost

But it comes down to investment, if his not let him walk to another club or retire
Whatever he wants to do and thank him for everything

Not quite sure it’s that simple

Just say Dusty signs for another 2 years it means he is invested and even if he isn’t at his best having in the side increases our chance of winning games and ultimately that would be the biggest moral boost

But it comes down to investment, if his not let him walk to another club or retire
Whatever he wants to do and thank him for everything
Didn't look invested on Sunday.

Didn't look invested on Sunday.
Don’t disagree but it’s hard to judge off the back of that game as well
We were well beaten and our team couldn’t do anything to turn the tide

Would need to see how he looks over the next few months when we can manage to field a more competitive side

Don’t disagree but it’s hard to judge off the back of that game as well
We were well beaten and our team couldn’t do anything to turn the tide

Would need to see how he looks over the next few months when we can manage to field a more competitive side
no as the senior players are showing moments where they pick and choose to do whatever they please and when. ThEY DON'T CARE AND NEED TO MOVE ON OR RETIRE AS WE NEED STANDARDS TO LIFT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back