Preview Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm Sunday 28th April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when he’s named on the wing.
Sub logically comes from the bench
Nothings ever logical when it comes to team sheets getting released especially when you play on a Sunday, the only thing we know for certain is that the 18 named on the field are definitely part of the 23 that are playing

People still get worked up where players are named, we all know that Duke isn’t going start CHF nor is Impey going to start CHB

Having said that I reckon Seamus is the sub but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Mackenzie

Nothings ever logical when it comes to team sheets getting released especially when you play on a Sunday, the only thing we know for certain is that the 18 named on the field are definitely part of the 23 that are playing

People still get worked up where players are named, we all know that Duke isn’t going start CHF nor is Impey going to start CHB

Having said that I reckon Seamus is the sub but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Mackenzie
Not necessarily. Last week Ramsden on Thursday evening was in the starting 18, Friday 5pm he was omitted from the team.

Absolutely we're a sneaky chance. Side looks infinitely better with Day and Lewis back in it, arguably our two most important players. But will be nice to have Breust and Wingard back in there
We are certainly a much better side with those two in but this is a big big ask. Sydney are a very good team and i would be pretty surprised if we could go with them for 4 quarters.

All i know is i just can't wait to watch Day gliding all over the MCG again, it has been far too long!

This shits me so much. There is so much inconsistency with how long players are given. I reckon our players should count to 7 out loud in front of the ump when an oppo marks to keep them honest.

The other one is that often when the ball is held in under a player the ump blows his whistle for a ball up within half a second. And other times he puts the whistle away, waits and ends up calling a HTB. It’s nuts and creates huge advantages or disadvantages for sides at the contest.

I don’t think I can remember a period in the game like this where the umpire can make or break a club and or player in a game with a decision or non decision. And when it happens in a final or GF it will impact careers.
Combine this with the reduction in scoring, and it's a real issue.

We are certainly a much better side with those two in but this is a big big ask. Sydney are a very good team and i would be pretty surprised if we could go with them for 4 quarters.

All i know is i just can't wait to watch Day gliding all over the MCG again, it has been far too long!
Agree very unlikely. But never know...

This shits me so much. There is so much inconsistency with how long players are given. I reckon our players should count to 7 out loud in front of the ump when an oppo marks to keep them honest.
I'd prefer they spend those 7 seconds looking for a team mate to give the ball to, rather than counting down from 7 to 1.

They are male after all and doing 2 things at once can be tricky - so I'm told, regularly.

During the quick match sim - Among the players named in the interchange (from the yesterday's squad) Day, Lewis, Harry and Croc are in the Team A.
Serong, Rama, Seamus & Huss in Team B (bibs Team).
It's not definitive on what will happen in the final 22(23) but sometimes it gives me a clue on who will be named.
Massimo being uncertain might throw a lifeline on another player.

Reeves and Bennets participating more after just running laps last week.

Watson, DGB, Mc Cabe and surprisingly Stephens in the rehab group.
Watson is doing some laps and some drills.
McCabe mentioned that he's aiming to be back in round 16.

CJ moving well but did not participate in the match sims.

Kye Burgoyne is at the training this morning.
1714100988532.png

McCabe doing his own rehab drills.
1714100515217.png

Massimo running laps while the others are doing match sim.
1714100629875.png

Kye Burgoyne
1714100696473.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other one is that often when the ball is held in under a player the ump blows his whistle for a ball up within half a second. And other times he puts the whistle away, waits and ends up calling a HTB. It’s nuts and creates huge advantages or disadvantages for sides at the contest.

I don’t think I can remember a period in the game like this where the umpire can make or break a club and or player in a game with a decision or non decision. And when it happens in a final or GF it will impact careers.
Probably should be the crowd that does the counting. It can be done

Does Dimma start fwd? Let's be honest, he's been invisible the last fortnight.

He was a complete non-factor against North, which is the one game you'd think all our forwards would look good in.

Papley and Hayward need to be marked. If Wicks is playing then we will need a small on him. Heeney will be dangerous when resting forward.

Mitchell, Impey + Amon (?), Massimo (?) to take the smalls. Sounds like Massimo may miss or be the sub anyway, and we all want Amon on a wing - so I think Hardwick will need to play back this week, especially if Heeney looks dangerous forward early.

I'd like to see Sam switch Hardwick back into defence........in a swap with Weddle.

The kid could be a real handfull roaming the 50 meter arc.

Even the Lizard cannot match Weddle leading to the ball surely.

Weddle shows signs of natural forward 'talent' - may as well have a look at first team level.

Thoughts on that swap from the Big Footy gang?

I think weddle is in defence to learn what is required as a half forward, not for the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back