Review Dees v Handbaggers – The Good, Bad & Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win, very lucky Jeremy Cameron didn’t have his kicking boots on.

Best game Windsor has played to date which is good to see after being quiet the past few weeks.

Petty was good after shitting the bed all year. Hoping it is not a one off.

From Jeremy Cameron stuff up to James Cameron masterpiece, I'm going to watch Terminator!

Good to win and the last quarter was fun but I remain completely unconvinced.

Shrek Film Wedding GIF by PeacockTV

Biggest positive of the night for me was Petty and JVR finding some form overhead. Midfield apart from Gawn really needs to lift, backline was superb, Lever and McVee unreal, May is just an unbelievably consistent, TMac, ok, you've shut me up.

We're incredibly lucky to have May and Lever.

Only a few years ago, it was Sam Frost and Oscar McDonald.

Also, considering that:-

These five players are ALL under 20 games. And I thought they all contributed heavily:-

• Turner = 5 games
  • Windsor = 8 games
  • Howes = 8 games
  • Woewodin = 10 games
  • Hore = 17 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it was an ugly win but imo probably should have been more pretty. Just need to forward line functioning and would probably won much easier in the end. Some positive signs with Petty and JVR actually taking some good grabs. Backline again really solid good to see McDonald bounce back after having a bad game the week before. Midfield still a bit down but at least trac lifted in the second half. We made it hard for Geelong but boy did they butcher the ball, was very uncharacteristic. Also Cameron is a beautiful kick but not sure what happened tonight.

Lever and Windsor dominating. I wonder how Dan is doing
Will be back this week from his 3 week hiatus coz of the Oliver disappearing act to mention Oliver's 31 uninspiring possessions tonight. BOG BY A MILE!!!

How good is beating Geelong? And also at the G, * playing down there.

s**t game of footy but I loved the finish.

Quite a big win, not sure what it means? Feels great, but we need more.
Feels a rare occasion that I've seen Geelong live in the past 20 years. Much like essendon we seem to play away every year. Anyway just good to get the win really sick of that team.

Tough watch for most of the game and most of the usual frustrations but really enjoyed the last quarter. Would have been interesting to see how it played out if Cameron had kicked that late goal but I guess we missed more than our share too.

Our back 6 are in great form, loved Windsors chase down and goal & Petty rediscovering that he's actually a pretty good mark.

Thought it was pretty funny as the boys where coming off someone yells "he's got his mitts back!" referring to Petty and then they all made a big deal about it. I think Sparrow lifted his arms up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back