Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

that's the most frustrating part of our game, it just looks so hard for us to kick a goal, usually some snap out of a pack by ANB after a million inside 50s, how is that sustainable to kick a score?
It's like our coach and our forward coach have no idea how to break down an opposition defence. And it's a win contested ball or turnover, smash it forward and hope for the best with arguably the worst F50 we've had in decades.

I remember rating Kozzys 2021 so highly because he had so few JTG goals, but the signs were already there back then. Our mids catching fire in september just masked it.
We are wasting Kozzy, tbh. He should be getting one on ones making defenders look silly instead he's at the bottom of packs trying to scramble a kick in the half second before he gets tackled.

Hodge would be a great coach.
Hope so. Tedious commentator. Even if he is often right.

Having Roos come and coach us was great on so many levels, and one of them was it got him out of the commentary / analyst chair

On the commentary, Hodge was perplexed at the way we were trying to score stoppage goals inside 50. “Why are they trying to surge forward through congestion when they have spare numbers if they feed it back?”
Meanwhile BT and Joey were saying how noticeable it was we were trying to attack through the corridor more like they'd be given match notes from the coaches at Melbourne

RD 1 | Press Conference | Jack Viney

Two minutes into this Jack Viney presser and we've had:
  • "Beaten by a better side" (true)
  • "Beaten in the contest" (ugh)
  • "We try to pin our game on our contest work" (ugh)
  • "Felt like the first half was pretty good" (ugh)
  • "The scoreboard wasn't too frustrating" (UGH)
  • "The forward connection wasn't a talking point after the game, our contest was spoken about" :$
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

• "The forward connection wasn't a talking point after the game, our contest was spoken about" :$
Season over if this is what they are talking about behind closed doors.

Season over if this is what they are talking about behind closed doors.
Alarming stuff.

It’s like when Goody says we need to focus on “what we do well” which actually seems to mean that we double down on stuff that no longer works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alarming stuff.

It’s like when Goody says we need to focus on “what we do well” which actually seems to mean that we double down on stuff that no longer works.
What's the bet they trot out Ben Brown or Tmac this week just to top it off! Koz will hopefully improve movement and opportunity, but the Dogs midfield are another level better than the Swans, so if our mids get beaten again to the ball, we're 0-2 and right under the pump.

The first half was sub standard by both teams, it's not something i would boast about if i where us. At least Sydney could wash some of the stink off past three quarter time

Lot of similarities between the MFC and the English cricket team in how they talk about themselves tbh
I’m up for a merger.

I just want something different to what it is now

I've seen a few complaints not on this forum about the size of the scg being a factor on how poor we were. To me that's a cop out, the dimensions of the SCG compared to the MCG isn't that great. We aren't suddenly going to play better footy because the mcg is 5 metres wider than the mcg. People in for a nasty surprise on Sunday if that's their thinking.

I've seen a few complaints not on this forum about the size of the scg being a factor on how poor we were. To me that's a cop out, the dimensions of the SCG compared to the MCG isn't that great. We aren't suddenly going to play better footy because the mcg is 5 metres wider than the mcg. People in for a nasty surprise on Sunday if that's their thinking.

It's always funny seeing some try to refer to the MCG like some kind of home fortress when we've generally been better in interstate/away games than we have there.

Yeah that's laughable. We were beaten in the contest and couldn't find forward targets. Nothing to do with not being able to spread and transition through the wings.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back