Review Dees v Orks: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

An Steven May suspected broken ribs just dandy.
We're gonna be absolutely ****ed when teams isolate Lever and Tmac in defence.

Ben Brown stealing AFL games while Hore was dropped to sub is infuriating

Overall game thoughts.
Our team defence was on, look liked a seasoned side against boys. Bullied em out of alot of ⁵⁰/⁵⁰ contests when the ball was in dispute.

ANB was awesome set the game up with his first ¼, might be the best he's played.
Not sure if the team has fixed it's going inside 50 issue, but when Trac kicks inside 50 like he did today feels like the whole teams better at it.

Oliver's playing alot more team orientated game since halfway through last week, looking to handball alot more than just kick from the congestion.

On paper one minute our forward lines s**t, next minute Chandler, Fritsch and Pickett kick 11 goals between them and they look dangerous as *.

Losing May and Lever sucks, if they both miss Port and Brisbane I fear what someone like Daniher will do against Tmac with his athleticism.

Brown playing makes no sense to me, apparently we absolutely have to have 2 key forwards in the 50 at all times, we may as well have kept Grundy forward with the lack of mobility Brown has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving that everyone here is gatekeeping the Wiz nickname, this is what big footy is all about.
Imagine if a young key forward showed up with the nickname Plugger or Duck. It's bloody embarrassing.

I hope he's delisted now stuff him

Also, * id be filthy if we selected inaccurate Charlie Spargo with a top 5 pick. WHAT WAS <googles Hawthorn list mangers name>.....MARK MCKENZIE THINKING?

Enjoyable win in the end, thought we finished really well after a weird 2nd and 3rd quarter. Pumping the Hawks is always good, they were pathetic and it's great to see.

Thought the backline stood up really well without May and Lever, Petty filled the hole, Hore/Howes/Tmac covered really well.

Centre clearance dominance was great to see, should be closer to that every week, those clearances with Trac out the front, oh my, plug it into my veins, Trac to a leading Roo, * yeah.

All in all, solid win, * the hawks, onto next week.

I should mention Trac, im always hard on him because I knew he could play like that. When he breaks away and kicks like that he is as good as their is in the comp.
More please. Those inside 50 kicks were Jarman like

May and Lever going down sucks but that's where the "next man up" mentality comes to play.
We’re worse off without May and Lever of course. But we have a defensive system that appears to be humming. Petty looked good back and Hore can play the Lever role. Let’s hope the two guys aren’t out long term. But I think we’ll still be without them.

Marty Hore is a pretty good replacement for Lever.

No one can really replace May, but Petty is a premiership defender, so he's the next best. Only issue is his capacity to run out full matches.

We’re worse off without May and Lever of course. But we have a defensive system that appears to be humming. Petty looked good back and Hore can play the Lever role. Let’s hope the two guys aren’t out long term. But I think we’ll still be without them.

The Funny: Hore and Lever are exactly the same age right down to their D.O.Bs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back