Review Dees v the Western Bulldogs & the Ghost of Scragger – the Good, Bady & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Friends I have always hated Bevo, even when he wore the Red and the Blue and paraded around in that loathsome Jack of Diamonds mullet.

Please share your thoughts after the game - Western Faildogs by 15 points

My favourite player Clayton Oliver proving all you haters wrong!

Good, professional win in the end. Never really felt threatened.

Hard to know how much you can read into that though, the Dogs are our bunnies and they looked genuinely horrific.

Imagine being owned by Ben Brown :$

Jack Billings.

Big games from May and Gawn there.

Liked what I saw from Billings, Windsor, Chandler (eventually) and Hore.

Happy that Clarry had an improved outing here. Had some shocking ball use in the first half but was mostly great by hand and liked that I50 decision at the end.

Somehow TMac and BBB weren't awful. We'll see how they hold up against an opposition that isn't awful.

Salem, Lever and Sparrow had bin worthy games.

Overall our ball movement looked somewhat better, but hard to judge what that means against the Doggies tbh.

Good:
  • Billings was terrific
  • Gawn destroyed English
  • McDonald was actually decent in defence
  • Windsor is an absolute sure thing, looks amazing
  • May killed Naughton again
  • Oliver was better
  • Howes, Hore and McVee all looked good down back
Bad:
  • Sparrow was invisible (again)
  • Langdon really doesn't add much
  • Fritsch had a shocker
Fugly:
  • That Bulldogs back six

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big games from May and Gawn there.

Liked what I saw from Billings, Windsor, Chandler (eventually) and Hore.

Happy that Clarry had an improved outing here. Had some shocking ball use in the first half but was mostly great by hand and liked that I50 decision at the end.

Somehow TMac and BBB weren't awful. We'll see how they hold up against an opposition that isn't awful.

Salem, Lever and Sparrow had bin worthy games.

Overall our ball movement looked somewhat better, but hard to judge what that means against the Doggies tbh.

Salem despite a shocking entry in the last had a decent game IMO

Thought the back 6 aside from Lever looked much better.
Howes had 16 possessions, barely noticed him, which is probably good as a defender coz you mainly just see * ups and when they get beaten.

Ben Brown has never flopped hard at the Dees but if he can bring that back into his game he’s best 22. Strangely good field kick too.

Tmac in over Tomlinson seemed like a success.

Gee the Dogs looked like s**t.

Billings could be a revelation if he plays like that all year.

Some improvements and most of our guns played well which helps, bit hard to assess given the dogs were very poor. TMac was surprisingly good in defense and BBB somehow offers more than Schache while looking like he's running on a treadmill, will likely be exposed against better defenses though.

JB must start from now on.

Fritsch is a concern, couldn't get into the game (doesn't often get big numbers tbf) and his finishing has fallen away completely.

Both sides were well below their best and it's round 2 ... no wait, it's round 1. wtf.
Anyway, it's 4 points we won't need to get later in the year.

Surprisingly enjoyed the whole game today. Well, maybe besides the first 5 minutes or so. Only lost my s* at Brown and Tmac a few times which was a little disappointing. I was ready to give them several sprays.

Billings is best 22. Looked great!
Windsor will be a star.
Gawn dominated.
Clarry proved a lot of people wrong today.
Tmac actually looked good down back.

Dogs backline is putrid. Was watching May give Naughton a bath all day and just kept thinking why tf isn't he at CHB!? Anyway, fun day at the footy. Might go next week as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back