Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's the fact that I doubt there was a single local in there when I went camsmith :p

Hahah yeah maybe so, but definitely a lot of other Europeans there.. so I didn't mind.

Pubs/Bars/Clubs to check out in London mid week?

If you like clubs try to get to Fabric.

Pubs/bars.. mid week there isn't a whole lot going on tbh. Best bet is just stumbling into one and talking to a few old geezers. I'd recommend Paramount at Tottenham Court Road station, you may have to book a table but its a bar in a high rise with a great view of West London, and doesn't cost anything to go up (compared to the Shard which is £20+)

A local near me was the Churchill Arms near Notting Hill, its visually nice from the outside with plants covering the walls but inside isn't too crash hot.

There's a pub called Lamb & Flag in Covent Garden which is from the 1600's and there's a few others still going from just after the great fire, that's if you want to see the closest thing to an 'English' pub. Unfortunately London has so many plain, boring pubs owned by 2-3 companies, many of which have the same menu.

Avoid the London Hotel where all the contiki kids hang out in Russell Square haha

Is that near The Generator? haha fond memories of that part of London, it was the first hostel I stayed in when I got to London as an alone and lost 25 year old starting a working holiday... Good times!

Are there such things as hostels with a gym in Europe, or am I asking too much for the price I'm paying? :cool:
Just pay for day passes at gyms when you feel it's required.

Or just get fat, whatevs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pay for day passes at gyms when you feel it's required.

Or just get fat, whatevs
Going from 6 days a week to nothing will probably see me get fat. I'd like to just do something once a week for a bit of maintenance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going from 6 days a week to nothing will probably see me get fat. I'd like to just do something once a week for a bit of maintenance.
Just stay central and walk everywhere. You eat/drink s**t, but walking 3-7 hours a day keeps the fat off I have found out

Most cities have good parks etc to go running in just avoid at night.

Eating healthy is probably the cheapest option as well.

Quite enjoyed running around the abandoned airport in Berlin.

Did you fly in or through Frankfurt? How massive is that airport? And with all the Lufthansa planes I thought I was in an alternate universe and the nazis won the war.

Hi all,

Missus and I are just starting to plan a trip to Europe in 6 months or so. We are going for around 4-5 weeks and wanting to see as much as we can without rushing too much (I know, 4 weeks is not long enough). Prob going to spend 4-5 nights in each country with Prague and Croatia at the top of the list. Most likely Italy, France, Spain (Barcelona) as well but anything else is a maybe at this stage.

I know this is a difficult question to answer with so many variables, but how much should we aim to save for 4 weeks? Only short flights/train, not Aus to Europe; and decent accommodation (say, equivalent to what we would consider 3/4 star here).

Thanks for the advice!

I've got about 2 weeks unplanned in mid June free before I head back to Melbourne - I'm looking to head a nice beach somewhere and chill out for a week or so - any tips?

I also want to fit in Budapest and potentially Vienna in there as well - how long would people recommend in these cities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back