Toast Daniel Jackson, Life Member of the RFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Jackson is due to play his 150th game this week against Hawthorn. That qualifies him for life membership of Richmond Football Club.

Great work from Jacko. He is a true leader, on and off the field. He is the first one to crack in hard when we need to win the next contest, and has been doing that for 11 seasons after being drafted with pick 53 in 2003. Not bad value.

He has been so maligned by so many, and from what he has said, perhaps he has been judged the most harshly by himself. But the stats say he has been a handy footy player. He has averaged 18.3 disposals, 3.8 marks and 3.8 tackles in his 149 games to date. He has also picked up 17 Brownlow votes. That’s 17 more than most of the people who bag him. Never mind the B&F in a year we played finals.

Even with an injury-delayed pre-season, he has come out still in his career best 2013 form. I’m looking forward to watching the man with the sauce coloured hair bullock through packs and snag bullshit goals for at least another 50 games.

Hopefully he gets runner up MVP votes.
As Cotchin needs all the Brownlow votes he can get.

I've been a massive critic of Jackson over the years. His best and worst were poles apart and his worst was absolutely horrific, not just from a skills perspective but from a discipline perspective. Massive credit must go to him that he wasn't too proud to ignore what he was capable of and what he wasn't and worked so hard to improve in all those areas.

His work off the field strikes me as a bloke with huge integrity. Big congratulations go out to you Jacko!

I've been a massive critic of Jackson over the years. His best and worst were poles apart and his worst was absolutely horrific, not just from a skills perspective but from a discipline perspective. Massive credit must go to him that he wasn't too proud to ignore what he was capable of and what he wasn't and worked so hard to improve in all those areas.

His work off the field strikes me as a bloke with huge integrity. Big congratulations go out to you Jacko!

At the risk of sounding like a hipster dick who was into everything cool, before it was cool, I've always held a soft spot for the Saucehead, and his poor discipline used to cut me deep. We used to miss him terribly when he got suspended for dumb things, and jeez his been suspended for some dumb things. Especially considering that his a clever bloke.

But full credit to him. He got that bullshit out of his game 3 or maybe 4 seasons ago, and I reckon that's when the corner was really turned. He has been a pleasure for me to watch since then.

Now, his a Tiger for life and I'm pretty pleased about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always held a soft spot for the Saucehead

I have a softspot for Sauceheads too. My missus is one.

They both make me pull my hair out at times. :)

One of my best mates is an Essendon supporter and whilst watching a bombers game with him last season I commented that Nick Kommer is the worst player in the league. He replied that Jacko is worse. Our man then went on to win the B&F which I enjoyed discussing with him. Shows how underrated he is by opposition supporters.

What I love about Jacko is that he is aware that he is not a particularly gifted footballer but has learned to work diligently at improving and understand his limitations and his role. He understands what he needs to do for the benefit of the team and does it every week.

Big ups Jacko and well done on 150.

What I love about Jacko is that he is aware that he is not a particularly gifted footballer but has learned to work diligently at improving and understand his limitations and his role. He understands what he needs to do for the benefit of the team and does it every week.
Big ups Jacko and well done on 150.

Spot on, he sometimes tries to do too much still instead of giving off to someone with a higher skill level, but overall is an great player for us and wouldn't surprise me if he gets to 200+.

Good on him. Goes in hard and has for 10 years. I hope the boys crack in hard for him and win it for him (the flag, not just his week! ;))

Great stuff for 'Whacko Jacko'. 24 months ago, I would have said if he ever made it to 150 games, he'd be one of the luckiest players to get life membership.

Constant turnovers, poor discipline and just seemed to get a game for being less rubbish than others on the list (not because he deserved a game). For many years, was one player lots of us wanted to see replaced. Credit to the great man though, he has reinvented himself and thoroughly deserved his Jack Dyer last year and all the new found respect many now have for him.

Not only that but he's a great leader with his charity and social/community work and is a real asset to the club and a credit to himself.

Hope you're next 150 include a few premierships Jacko :thumbsu:

As dumb as it sounds, I actually thought he'd played more games than that. He's really become one of those blokes who turns up week in week out with a consistent performance.

Should be a good message to players of all clubs really, that you can change the way you prepare and play even well into your career. Well done Jacko :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back